PDA

View Full Version : Breaking my heart...

BimmerWill
02-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Walked out to this lovely jewel tonight..haven't drove the car for a week and just happened to see it when I went out to get something. I don't even remember the last place I drove it to.

Its not even a whoops door ding..its a deliberate swing the hell out of the door as you open it. Its so blatant I can see it from my porch now...smdh

\rant sorry just had to get it off my chest. Knew you all would understand.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/20/d71da4754ea533e7e3c4e5fb12063d00.jpg

danewilson77
02-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Damn. Breaks my heart.

Completely unnecessary.

"No flamesuit required"

BimmerWill
02-20-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm just at a loss for words with how deliberate it appears to be.

wsmeyer
02-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear that. I actually think those are from a BB gun though

fredo
02-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Wow, that's too much. I wonder if PDR could improve the situation. Sorry.

BimmerWill
02-21-2015, 01:58 AM
Sorry to hear that. I actually think those are from a BB gun though
Where would the green paint have come from? I didn't think they were painted green. No chance it got hit while it's been sitting there unless someone came on my property and intently aimed at the vehicle as this side is pointing towards the house.

Wow, that's too much. I wonder if PDR could improve the situation. Sorry.
I had wondered. this myself. I believe I can get the paint transfer off. They dent on the body line is concerning though and would make it difficult to fix.

cakM3
02-21-2015, 05:00 AM
I don't know why people have to do something like this to other people's property..... so sorry seeing you have to go thru this.....

spatchel
02-21-2015, 05:57 AM
That is a real shame. The only time I ever found dents like that in a car of mine is when it was hit by a shopping cart. Those things are dangerous! That would not explain the paint though. Good luck with repair. I seems like PDR should at least help the situation.

Stewbie
02-21-2015, 06:08 AM
F√¢k ! That's terrible. That took real effort on some @$$holes part.

GE Geoff
02-21-2015, 06:25 AM
Sorry to hear that Will....People are real A-holes sometimes. I suffered a much minor case thursday while at the Soc Sec office getting my newborn son's SSN...there was plenty of room between Her and their car, don't know why they felt it necessary to do that crap. Wonder if its just negligence or jealousy sometimes. Good luck with the repair man.

Openair
02-21-2015, 08:04 AM
I recall one time getting out of my truck on a windy day. A strong gust blow the door right out of my grip. Hit the mirror on the car next to me. Somehow no damage to other guys mirror but one serious dent in my door! That being said its no excuse to not leave a note.

ELCID86
02-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Idiots suck. Sorry this happened. PDR can do wonders. Find a quality technician.

brettbimmer
02-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Some people have no respect for a beautiful E46! Sorry bud, hope you are able to get it repaired without too much cost or trouble.

Oli77
02-21-2015, 09:25 AM
What a bonehead move. Whatever did it looks like it came from 2 different directions, the top one is more from above, and the bottom hit is slightly from below (at least to me).

Maybe its a door, first with perpetrating vehicle loaded (bottom hit), then when opening the vehicle, this time empty (upper hit).

Johnmadd
02-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Man that sucks.

WOLFN8TR
02-21-2015, 03:08 PM
It's hard to look at the photos, that really sucks. I had a shopping cart slam into my trucks driver side door denting it really bad. The dent was 2" long and 1" wide and pushed in about 1/4" or more. I called a local PDR, "The Dent Guy" and he was able to remove it completely where I couldn't even see it! I used the same guy again to remove all the door dings on my ZHP and it looked like new. I would imagine they could get most of these out if not all of them.

Good Luck...

BimmerWill
02-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the encouragement fellas glad to hear PDR seems to be a good solution for you all.

I'm hoping to take some meguiars 105/205 and get the paint off then see about PDR. There's a couple other dings on the car but nothing like this. My only problem is money where I'm still in school.

Just how it goes sometimes I feel better about it then I did last night just really bummed me out I stayed up in bed trying to rack my brain of where it happened with no luck. Could always be worse though right?

johnrando
02-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Yup, it cld. Sux tho. Smh

Sent from mobile

CTYankee
02-28-2015, 10:09 PM
So frustrating. Move on and I hope it works out well for you. All things are relative, good and bad. Peace brother. Drive on.

BimmerWill
04-04-2015, 03:42 AM
Thank you sir. Still have yet to fix it but it is what it is.

maliceM3
04-04-2015, 03:29 PM
A lot of this stuff is pure spite. Sad people live such shameful lives.

Go Horns!
04-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I like to think it is senile old people that just don't know better anymore.

I was picking up lunch at a deli one time, so I parked my Tahoe in a spot up front thinking I would be in and out. In that 2 minutes I watched a car drive up and an old lady got out of the passenger side and just threw the door into my Tahoe. You could tell she had no idea what she was doing; she just opened the door without even looking. It was like she had no idea a car was next to her. Lucky for me the Tahoe driver's side mirror absorbed the blow by folding in. The mirror was already trashed. But what was I going to do, go yell at the old lady and her old-lady friend who was driving?

BimmerWill
04-06-2015, 05:45 PM
It's pretty unfortunate that those who take pride in what they drive are so far outnumbered by the ones who simply don't care anymore... Makes it very frustrating sometimes.

Pip
04-06-2015, 07:54 PM
This guy in the maz parked in the furthest outskirts of the parking lot and a guy in a beater parked so damn close. This is at work where there are thousands of spaces.

BimmerWill
04-06-2015, 07:56 PM
I see that all too often as well. Ridiculous.

UdubBadger
04-06-2015, 08:10 PM
That just sucks. :(

GoingHAM mobile