PDA

View Full Version : **BRAND NEW** 2005 BMW M3 Silver Grey / Dove Leather - SMG - 967 miles.

NoVAphotog
02-20-2015, 04:57 AM
Good ole' EAG...where did they find this one??

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?id=5074&form_display=51#.VOcuP_nF9HW

brettbimmer
02-20-2015, 04:44 PM
^I'm going with Ferris Bueller's garage...ok, technically Cameron's father's garage. Crazy mileage.

KevinC
02-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Jesus. For this one they broke with tradition and are actually offering a (gasp) SMG-equipped M3. i've driven that tranny and while it might be "ok" for the track, it's crude and NOT passable for street use. By modern standards (Porsche PDK, VW SMG, and so on) it's like it's right out of Fred Flinstone's car.

UdubBadger
02-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Holy crap!

GoingHAM mobile

jiggz
02-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Jesus. For this one they broke with tradition and are actually offering a (gasp) SMG-equipped M3….

Good point. And they still don't mention SMG with the list of options even though it was a $2400 option (edit - it's mentioned in the title)

fredo
02-20-2015, 10:24 PM
$50k ... I wonder what was the price back in 2005.

WOLFN8TR
02-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Jesus. For this one they broke with tradition and are actually offering a (gasp) SMG-equipped M3. i've driven that tranny and while it might be "ok" for the track, it's crude and NOT passable for street use. By modern standards (Porsche PDK, VW SMG, and so on) it's like it's right out of Fred Flinstone's car.

You need to drive a FSTT SMG! He does CSL SMG Tuning that is amazing! In stock form the SMG is crude but tuned it's a completely different car.

This is the same year and color combo as my ///M except I bought mine for $17,500 with 93K on it.

cakM3
02-21-2015, 04:59 AM
$50k ... I wonder what was the price back in 2005.

Probably around $55k fredo. My ///M was $54k and change brand new.

NoVAphotog
02-21-2015, 05:07 AM
Probably around $55k fredo. My ///M was $54k and change brand new.
Yeah they are ballsy to charge that much for this one. Time is a factor with these cars as we've discussed in various maintenance threads.

The real question I'd like to know is how much they paid for it?

GE Geoff
02-21-2015, 05:25 AM
Really surprised they're selling an SMG....out of charachter for these guys. Has anyone here ever dealt witht them? I've often looked at their cars and thought they were very nice specimens, although their prices are pretty high I just assumed it was because they were very thorough when picking cars to sell. Just curious if it's really worth the product you're getting from them.

ELCID86
02-21-2015, 05:49 AM
I've seen several ppl here and on other forums say they had a good experience with the EAG purchase (at a premium).

GE Geoff
02-21-2015, 06:18 AM
I've seen several ppl here and on other forums say they had a good experience with the EAG purchase (at a premium).

I kinda figured that was the case. Gorgeous specimens though.

az3579
02-26-2015, 06:23 AM
This is definitely a candidate for the gear grinding thread.
People who buy cars and don't drive them piss me off.

cakM3
02-26-2015, 06:47 AM
This is definitely a candidate for the gear grinding thread.

I rarely drive my ///M.....

GE Geoff
02-26-2015, 07:04 AM
:jawdrop Whaaaaa? Charlie!!! you must have some serious self control then sir! :applauseThere's no way I coule stay out of it if I had one. Especially yours...:drool

az3579
02-26-2015, 07:25 AM

You drive your M3 on a semi-regular basis when the weather is nice. This M3 in this thread was built 08/2005, making it over 9 years old. That is an average of just over 107 miles A YEAR! That is the equivalent of almost nothing. You drive your M3 more in one sitting since it's mostly a long trip car...

Why bother even buying the damn thing if one isn't even going to drive it...

Vas
02-26-2015, 07:29 AM

I agree with this. Put some miles on it. Having a car sit for an expended period of time is never a good thing.

az3579
02-26-2015, 07:32 AM
What gets me is that this car isn't even collector status. It's nothing special...
There is zero reason to not drive this one, unless the owner bought it, died right afterwards, and the family decided to sell it years later. That's the only possible reason I could think of.

Maybe the buyer's intent was to make a future secondhand car buyer happy. Hell if I know... but if someone buys this, then they are essentially given the opportunity to buy the car they may have wanted at the time but couldn't originally afford, but still be able to buy it new, now, with more income. This is essentially what I'm hoping for when it comes time to buy my F80 M3... fat chance at that, though.

cakM3
02-26-2015, 07:37 AM
:jawdrop Whaaaaa? Charlie!!! you must have some serious self control then sir! :applause There's no way I coule stay out of it if I had one. Especially yours...:drool

Geoff, I rarely take out my ///M not because I want to save it like some of the dipshits out there.... I rarely take out my ///M because of the dipshits driving out there if that makes any sense..... the more OEM CSL parts I put into my car the more cautious I have become when driving my ///M. Last thing I need is some dipshit wrecking into my ///M because they forgot to drive their car.... :facepalm That's one of the main reasons why I drive my ZHP pretty much 99% of the time over the year...

You drive your M3 on a semi-regular basis when the weather is nice.

This is true BP.... I have to ensure all fluids have cycled throughout the car....and as you know it is a serious BMW crime not to take it out to enjoy it! ;)

This M3 in this thread was built 08/2005, making it over 9 years old. That is an average of just over 107 miles A YEAR! That is the equivalent of almost nothing.

I agree here....this owner is not truly enjoying this car.....there's absolutely no way a person can honestly say they are enjoying a car they practically never drive unless they have another car like this. There have been people who have two E46 M3 CSLs..... one to drive all the time and the other just to collect them. Yes, this is true....in that case the owner is truly enjoying all the CSL goodness since they have two. For those normal drivers where they only have one M3, not the case....I just don't see how...

You drive your M3 more in one sitting since it's mostly a long trip car...

Yes, compared to the owner of the M3 you're talking about this is true.... at least for the little time I actually take out my M3, you know I'm enjoying every minute/mile of driving it ;) :thumbsup Since picking up my ZHP and modding the heck out of it, I have averaged less than 3,000 miles/yr on my ///M....

Why bother even buying the damn thing if one isn't even going to drive it...

totally agree with you on this BP.....

UdubBadger
02-26-2015, 07:40 AM
... I started my M for about 4 minutes yesterday. :(

cakM3
02-26-2015, 07:41 AM

Seth, I wish I could even do that. Right now my garage door is frozen shut by ice. Damned New England winter this friggin year..... I haven't touched my ///M in over a month now....a new record for me....

GE Geoff
02-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Hang in there Seth....Spring is coming. Well, maybe another month or two for you Chi Town guys. :thumbup

Vas
02-26-2015, 07:51 AM
What gets me is that this car isn't even collector status. It's nothing special...

+1. It is not even an individual car or a rare color.

Personally I rather buy a car that was driven then a garage queen. Low miles are nice but the end of the day it is still a car. These cars are meant to be driven and driven hard. Too many owners baby then and just wax them. Such a waste IMO

GE Geoff
02-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Seth, I wish I could even do that. Right now my garage door is frozen shut by ice. Damned New England winter this friggin year..... I haven't touched my ///M in over a month now....a new record for me....

:facepalm my heart breaks for you guys. (no Sarcasm there)

GE Geoff
02-26-2015, 07:53 AM
These cars are meant to be driven and driven hard. Too many owners baby then and just wax them. Such a waste IMO
+1 again.

quikryptonite
02-26-2015, 07:54 AM
Dumb question, but would one want to change out all the components such as the lower intake boot, VCG, etc... due to age? Would they be OK after just sitting there for nine years?

az3579
02-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Dumb question, but would one want to change out all the components such as the lower intake boot, VCG, etc... due to age? Would they be OK after just sitting there for nine years?

They'd probably be fine if the car was sitting in a climate controlled environment. Judging by the condition, I'd say that was definitely the case. The rear deck doesn't even seem faded, so it had to be in a garage, at least. If the guy could afford to buy the car and never drive it, I'm sure it was climate controlled as well.

WOLFN8TR
02-26-2015, 08:56 AM

And I drive my ///M 967 miles per month! [emoji2]

cakM3
02-26-2015, 09:03 AM
And I drive my ///M 967 miles per month! [emoji2]

as you should Gary!!! :thumbsup When I first got my ///M.... I drove it like I stole it....these days, I'm more concerned keeping my ///M at the level of perfection I have built it to... ;) I even took it up to 150 just to see how it felt at speed....needless to say, I appreciate everything that is my ///M :) These days cruising at 70/80 is good enough for me ;)

WOLFN8TR
02-26-2015, 09:55 AM
It's funny you say "Drive it like you stole it". For some reason I can't go slower than 80 on the freeway. [emoji15]

cakM3
02-26-2015, 10:24 AM
It's funny you say "Drive it like you stole it". For some reason I can't go slower than 80 in the freeway. [emoji15]

That's how I was in my first year of ownership of my ///M but then I went from a 323i to my ///M....much more dramatic change in performance levels.... man did I have fun getting acquainted to my ///M! Now it's more a familiar "Hi! There you are!!!" thing with me... ;) It'll probably change when I boost it in a few years....

UdubBadger
02-26-2015, 02:22 PM

Damn bro!

GoingHAM mobile

UdubBadger
02-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Hang in there Seth....Spring is coming. Well, maybe another month or two for you Chi Town guys. :thumbup

She's got blizzaks, I will get her out soon. Need to run her so the gas doesn't go stale.

GoingHAM mobile