PDA

View Full Version : FS - 2004 330ci ZHP AW/Natural Brown 6MT (Seattle area)

jiggz
01-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Mileage is…162K I'm assuming?

Looks pretty loaded - ZHP, heated seats, xenons, OEM navigation..

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4854800729.html

webster
01-20-2015, 08:46 PM
classic example of "car sold to kid"

gonna need to see a laundry list of maintenance otherwise....pass

BMWCurves
01-20-2015, 09:57 PM

I had a similar feeling. Same feeling I got with this car: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4853178953.html

az3579
01-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know what strut bar that is? I think I know what it is but would like some confirmation...

Why do you say that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCS_ZHP
01-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know what strut bar that is? I think I know what it is but would like some confirmation..

That is an AC Schnitzer strut brace.

az3579
01-21-2015, 12:47 PM
That is an AC Schnitzer strut brace.

Thanks Bruce.

TWong1200
01-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Could just be the lighting but that doesn't look like Natural Brown to me. At least not compared to mine.

pilotnick1203
01-21-2015, 04:17 PM
I mean I'm a kid but this appears to be treated poorly, doesn't look like nat. Brown and sketchy rear bumper. GDM bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC
01-21-2015, 05:16 PM
The interior is turd brown. You know, to go with the theme of the rest of the car.

az3579
01-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Am I missing something? I fail to see how this car was treated poorly. Why, because it's modded? Almost all of us mod our cars, what makes this case any different? It's not like he has chrome stick-ons and ground effects everywhere.

Examples - What makes this car "poorly treated"?

Could just be the lighting but that doesn't look like Natural Brown to me. At least not compared to mine.

It is definitely NB. Look at the door cards; NB is the only interior to have the colors like that.

KevinC
01-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Am I missing something? I fail to see how this car was treated poorly. Why, because it's modded? Almost all of us mod our cars, what makes this case any different? It's not like he has chrome stick-ons and ground effects everywhere.

Performance mods- Stainless steel headers, UUC short shifter, drilled and slotted disc brakes, 3.38 differential vs. 3.07, Active Autowerke software upgrade, catalytic converters have been removed but i still have them, new tires were put on about 5000 miles ago.

That's not grandma's weekend ride to church and occasional grocery getter - not hard to figure out that this thing has almost certainly been ridden hard and put away wet. "PASS"

Tnhl1989
01-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Man that's like saying I drive my car hard I surely don't do that even with all my mods :)

danewilson77
01-22-2015, 05:48 AM
Performance mods- Stainless steel headers, UUC short shifter, drilled and slotted disc brakes, 3.38 differential vs. 3.07, Active Autowerke software upgrade, catalytic converters have been removed but i still have them, new tires were put on about 5000 miles ago.

That's not grandma's weekend ride to church and occasional grocery getter - not hard to figure out that this thing has almost certainly been ridden hard and put away wet. "PASS"
Disagree.

"No flamesuit required"

cakM3
01-22-2015, 06:28 AM
I mean I'm a kid but this appears to be treated poorly, doesn't look like nat. Brown and sketchy rear bumper. GDM bro!

What is this based on? I looked at that for sale ad and what I see is a car that has been modded, although some I don't really care about, but it does not tell me "stay away!!! I'm abused" I don't see it that way....

Examples - What makes this car "poorly treated"?

It is definitely NB. Look at the door cards; NB is the only interior to have the colors like that.

+1

I am in full agreement with BP on this....

What do you base your statements on Kevin? I would like to know. As posted above, I have seen the for sale ad and granted, better pictures could have been taken but I don't see a car that has been ridden hard and put away wet. How do you base your opinion? Please explain in detail.... I hope you're not basing your statements based on the modding of the car, otherwise you're in the opinion that all modded cars are abused, no? I'm looking for clarification of your comment...

Disagree.

"No flamesuit required"

+1

danewilson77
01-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Kevin,

It's all good. I understand your point. No need to explain. People are going to have different opinions. Kevin's initial inkling is that if a car is heavily modded, it's been abused. No problem.

"No flamesuit required"

KevinC
01-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Even if not "abused", I think it's safe to assume that it was "driven very enthusiastically". Is that a bad thing? Maybe.. maybe not. But if I had a choice of buying a car with that description, or one that had been owned by a 50-year old American Airlines pilot and was bone stock (which describes previous history of my car), I'd opt for option "B", every time. YMMV.

Also - none of those mods add ANY dollar value to the car, and some would say it detracts from it. They might be desirable to some potential buyers, but they would almost surely add nothing to the selling price. Personally, I'd rather start with a clean slate.

Sorry I got this thread so far off the rails.. I'll stand down now!

cakM3
01-22-2015, 02:44 PM
No worries Kevin. I was just trying to understand where you were coming from. I see your point. Hopefully this car will find a good home where it can be fully sorted out, if need be :thumbsup

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

prowlerflyer
01-22-2015, 06:31 PM
I think this has just brought up a good point of view difference in respect to personal vehicle preference. Stock vs. modded. Either way is exactly personal preference, and I think drawing any conclusions from that might be premature. Just because the car is modded does not mean abused, and conversely a stock car do not indicate "well maintained. "

This car is modded, but appears clean, but the ad lacks any detail to specific condition or maintenance history. Honestly that speaks most to me, but then of course it could have been just a hastily written ad.

az3579
01-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Kevin. I just didn't want our personal opinions to detract potential buyers from this car. Lots of people see and read the posts on this forum, even if they never register to post. With that in mind, the things that are said on a forum about a particular car does influence who buys a particular car. I would hate to see a potentially nice car, which this appears to be at least based on the pictures, to get passed on because of the opinions of those who haven't seen the car or are biased based on personal taste. It's one thing to have a BMW on chrome 24" spinners, which in the enthusiast community is highly frowned upon, and another thing to have a car like this with some mods that are a split in the 'like' and 'dislike' category.

The reason I brought it up is because I had a friend selling a very nicely modded car and had the hardest time selling it purely because of the comments some people made on a forum about it. It was totally unfair to my friend because I knew how he treated and maintained his cars.

I have to say this is a hard to find color combo and doesn't look like it was abused based on pics. If they have maintenance records to boot, this could be a nice pickup for the right buyer.