PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tires & Other Parts

BCS_ZHP
01-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Today I helped an indy friend move stuff from one storage unit to another. 4.5 hours of moving lots of used BMW wheels, new aftermarket wheels, some wheel & tire combos, and a ton of synthetic oil. However we ran out of time and didn't finish, there was just too much stuff, we're going to try to finish next weekend.

Here's a couple of items he offered up for me to try to sell to fellow enthusiasts, would prefer locals to the DC area as shipping will take away the savings.

- Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic oil, a 6-pack box, $25 each box
- Mobil 1 10W-40 synthetic oil, 6-pack box, $25 each box
- same oil weights in Havoline synthetic, $25 each box
- a few BMW 5W-30 synthetic oil boxes of 12, I'm not sure if he'd sell them at the same $4 & some change per qt but I think he will
- a e39 hood in imola red, a e39 right front fender in TIAG, make an offer
- lots of used tires, 17" & 18" sizes, all looked to have tons of tread remaining

And there are other boxes of small parts, I saw front corner lights, headlights, shifter knobs, CD players, etc. His new storage unit is much smaller than his old one, it won't all fit, he asked me if I'd take the used tires (probably 8-10 sets of 4), some of the oil (he had over 150 6-packs), and other stuff folks might be interested in to try to sell it for him. I won't know what exactly he has in terms of tire sizes until next weekend, I'll write it down then and will post something once I get possession of the stuff.

Also, there was a set of black e36 Vader seats, manual not power, they looked dusty but in great shape, he asked me to try to sell those for him too, he never mentioned a price but make an offer if e36 Vader's interest you. I'm fairly sure he'lll take any offer cause they aren't doing him any good in storage. There might be some more finds, I'll let you know next weekend.

If you want any of this stuff and you're local so shipping doesn't eat up the savings, let me know. I suspect I'm going to buy a dozen or so of the 6-packs of oil for myself, can't pass it up at just over $4/qt.

Bruce

LobsterTail
01-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Can you post up pictures of the Vader seats? I have a friend that has a E36 that my be interested.

BCS_ZHP
01-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Paul,
Stupid me, I was at the storage unit last night moving out some wheels & tires so we can at least move around in there, stuck all of that stuff in my shed. And I carry 2 phones, did I remember to take any pix, nope. I'm hoping to pick up the seats and some other stuff on Thursday or Friday, I'll post up some pix when I do. Someone texted me, must have seen this post and then found my number somewhere else on this forum, he's in Manassas and said he wants these seats but we'll see if he actually comes thru.

I asked my son to inventory the tires & wheels we moved last night and send me a list today. I did see three style 45 (the standard 7 spoke wheel) 17" wheels with tires with lots of tread on them, iirc they were 225 but don't recall if the aspect ratio was 40 or 45, would make a great full size spare for anyone, how about $50 each.
Bruce

ryankokesh
01-14-2015, 08:18 AM
No extra alcantara sitting around, eh?

BCS_ZHP
01-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Ryan, I don't think so, or at least haven't seen any yet. We've filled up my 6.5' bed pickup three times, my 18' trailer twice, his 8' bed pickup twice, and we're just about halfway thru his storage unit. He was/is the ultimate hoarder, I'm going to try to grab another load tonight. Bruce

ryankokesh
01-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Holy guacamole...

:jawdrop

Ryan1
01-14-2015, 12:04 PM
thanks for the reply Bruce -let me know if you find it FYI my cell number had a typo Its (760) 613.6110 Ryan

CarbonZHP
01-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Damn, could always use some oil. But I'm on 0W-40...

BCS_ZHP
01-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Ryan, no Alcantara material found. He said he has a set of Alcantara seats in another storage unit (I wasn't aware of that).

Carbon, the distance & shipping would eat up any savings on shipping oil.

Overall, the haul was mainly used tires, and some wheels which I already sold to a parts wholesaler. Have a CL ad listed for 50+ Used tires, wasn't worth listing here because shipping would kill any deals.

Johnmadd
01-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Ryan, no Alcantara material found. He said he has a set of Alcantara seats in another storage unit (I wasn't aware of that).

Carbon, the distance & shipping would eat up any savings on shipping oil.

Overall, the haul was mainly used tires, and some wheels which I already sold to a parts wholesaler. Have a CL ad listed for 50+ Used tires, wasn't worth listing here because shipping would kill any deals.

Bruce, I need 2 stock front tires preferably dws extreme. Hopefully on the cheap... the e30 has drained my funds lately lol :biggrin

Vas
01-16-2015, 06:09 PM
I am interested

BCS_ZHP
01-16-2015, 07:13 PM
John & Vas,
Nothing there in matched pairs for the ZHP, everything was one-of-ones, primarily e39, e36, e38, & not ZHP 18's. I'm going to probably retain a pair of 225/40R819 tires for e46 fitment with aftermarket 19" wheels.
Bruce

BCS_ZHP
01-17-2015, 05:04 AM
Paul,
Stupid me, I was at the storage unit last night moving out some wheels & tires so we can at least move around in there, stuck all of that stuff in my shed. And I carry 2 phones, did I remember to take any pix, nope. I'm hoping to pick up the seats and some other stuff on Thursday or Friday, I'll post up some pix when I do. Someone texted me, must have seen this post and then found my number somewhere else on this forum, he's in Manassas and said he wants these seats but we'll see if he actually comes thru.

I asked my son to inventory the tires & wheels we moved last night and send me a list today. I did see three style 45 (the standard 7 spoke wheel) 17" wheels with tires with lots of tread on them, iirc they were 225 but don't recall if the aspect ratio was 40 or 45, would make a great full size spare for anyone, how about $50 each.
Bruce

Paul,
The e36 M3 seats have a minor issue, the seat release cable on each one is missing. Its a $20 part, easily accessible with the seat back off and the backs are currently off these seats. He wants $600 for these seats, they sell on eBay for a grand.

Lowered all the used tire prices on CL this morning to $30 each to clear them out. A couple of individual tires that would fit the front of a Style 135 ZHP (225/40-18) wheel but nothing else. The Style 44 wheels with 225/45-17 Pirelli tires would make great full size spares, will sell those for the same $30 price.

BCS_ZHP
01-17-2015, 05:07 AM
Bruce, I need 2 stock front tires preferably dws extreme. Hopefully on the cheap... the e30 has drained my funds lately lol :biggrin

John,
Sorry, no DWSs in the whole batch.
Bruce

ELCID86
01-17-2015, 05:25 AM
Damn, could always use some oil. But I'm on 0W-40...

+1 Otherwise I'd be grabbing this.

brettbimmer
01-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Bruce, any E36 wheels in a matched set of 4? I'm running 15"s on my ti...so don't need anything crazy. Just curious.

BCS_ZHP
01-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Brett,
Two sets of 4 wheels sold in a couple hours. Now I just have 2 - 17" style 44s, $30 each with a Pirelli tire on them, get 2 more and you're set. I'll check his new storage unit next time I'm back there to see if any e36 non-M wheels. I know I saw & moved at least one set of e36 M3 contours and M3 double V-spokes but he wants $500 per set of M wheels.
Bruce

Mitchie
01-18-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm looking for a pair of post-facelift headlights for my '04 ZHP Coupe. Anything in your inventory?

BCS_ZHP
01-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Not mine but here are a set of coupe housings, you have to transfer over your bulbs and igniters.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/4851911150.html

brettbimmer
01-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Thank you Bruce. I think that the style 44's may look a bit odd on a 318ti, but thanks for the information. Hmmm...E36 M contours and V-spokes...hmmm...

BCS_ZHP
02-13-2015, 08:40 PM
To close out this thread, about 75% of the tires and wheels sold in 2 days and then I hauled the rest to a tire wholesaler that Sunday. I was trying to help a busy clean out his storage, I wasn't about to become his "other" storage unit, so fast movement was my intent.