PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i ZHP MT6 w/ 81k miles (Beavorton, OR) - $11,990

BMWCurves
12-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Found on AutoTrader/Locally. Thoughts? I'm not a huge fan of the gray interior or the smoked tail lights, but not bad for 81k miles.

Local: http://www.beavertongmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2004-BMW-330i-Sedan-Portland-OR/2424269653

AutoTrader: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=37922&endYear=2005&modelCode1=330I&sortBy=mileageASC&showcaseOwnerId=1328592&startYear=2003&makeCode1=BMW&maxMileage=100000&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=389142366&Log=0

Ran it through the VIN decoder here: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/km05735.pdf

ELCID86
12-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Not bad at all.

BMWCurves
12-29-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm going to go today to take a casual look. I have yet to actually sit in and feel a ZHP. I've only driven my '03 330Ci (RIP) and my friend's 330XiT (would do terrible things to own that conversion car).

BMWCurves
12-29-2014, 07:21 PM
I stopped by briefly to take a look at the car. The salesman was nice enough, showed me around but it took us a solid 15 minutes to find the car.

When we finally got to it, the paint looks to be in pretty good condition. Opening it up proved to be a bit of a disappointment though. I think the battery might be close to dead or completely dead because it wouldn't unlock without putting the key in the door, the seat barely moved back, and it wouldn't turn over. The center armrest wasn't worn so much as perforated somehow. I'm not sure what happened to it, but it would have to be replaced.

The trunk didn't fold down so that was a dead stop for me in terms of possibly purchasing it. One of the mechanics I spoke to briefly said that it had to be taken over to BMW to fix whatever issue was causing the ABS light to come on.

Other things that I noticed:

It had a VF Engineering supercharger kit on it (I think). It had a VF CAI and a supercharger that matches VF Engineering's pictures. So this car could be putting out 340 HP/280 ft-lbs
Under the hood panel was a different color (partially) than the exterior color (see pic). The salesman showed me the carfax, which was clean, but seems odd.
It had yellow shocks (Koni Yellows maybe?) and drilled brake rotors. It looked to be on lowering springs as well.
Wheels were aftermarket wrapped with 225/35R19 tires (I believe) on the front. I didn't check the back.

Pics (sorry I didn't take more, I realized by the time I started taking them that this one wasn't for me, so I didn't feel the need to take many more).

http://i.imgur.com/H26C95d.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Iofcnli.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8ZMJatN.jpg

JupiterBMW
12-29-2014, 07:43 PM
That is a standard look for the underside of the hood. Normally, the underhood insulation would be there, but it was apparently removed, most likely due to sagging, a common issue. As for the rest of it, well, some will love it, others will hate it. But, no concern with the hood looking that way. They all do. :thumbsup

danewilson77
12-29-2014, 07:55 PM
:like

"No flamesuit required"

BMWCurves
12-29-2014, 08:15 PM
That is a standard look for the underside of the hood. Normally, the underhood insulation would be there, but it was apparently removed, most likely due to sagging, a common issue.

Thanks for the info. I can't remember what mine looked like underneath at all. Well maybe someone else can pick it up and have a very quick ZHP.

Vas
12-29-2014, 08:53 PM
This could be a really nice car. Btw that center armrest issue is common.

Skotcoop
12-30-2014, 12:27 AM
I was actually just going to post this but glad I checked. What do you mean by the trunk lid not folding down? I am considering this car but it's a little over 100 miles south of me. Did it ever start? I think I may be more interested if the engine was stock. But it sure looks clean. I think I may be more interested in an E39 540 m package though.

BMWCurves
12-30-2014, 12:29 AM
This could be a really nice car. Btw that center armrest issue is common.

I wish I had taken a photo, but it looked like all of the leather had just been stretched so much it burst everywhere. It honestly looked like a cheese grater in terms of how many perforations/small tears there were. It was odd, I'm not sure what could have caused it.

UROTRSH
12-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Why did you post this?????????? I just listed my ZHP I got in Oct on Craigslist now . . . I don't care of the car is on the other side of the country lol. BMWCurves, is the car too far away to look at on more detail and possibly drive? If I can sell my ZHP quickly, I'm interested

BMWCurves
12-30-2014, 07:35 PM
What do you mean by the trunk lid not folding down? I am considering this car but it's a little over 100 miles south of me. Did it ever start? I think I may be more interested if the engine was stock. But it sure looks clean. I think I may be more interested in an E39 540 m package though.

I mean the rear seats don't fold down. For me it is too useful not to have.

What do you mean by the trunk lid not folding down? I am considering this car but it's a little over 100 miles south of me. Did it ever start? I think I may be more interested if the engine was stock. But it sure looks clean. I think I may be more interested in an E39 540 m package though.

I don't know, one of their mechanics said it needed to be taken to a BMW dealership to be tinkered with because the ABS light was on.

That's what I was hoping, myself.

Why did you post this?????????? I just listed my ZHP I got in Oct on Craigslist now . . . I don't care of the car is on the other side of the country lol. BMWCurves, is the car too far away to look at on more detail and possibly drive? If I can sell my ZHP quickly, I'm interested

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I got a call back from the salesman saying it's ready to drive so I may go back if anyone else is seriously interested in the car.

UROTRSH
12-31-2014, 03:01 AM
I mean the rear seats don't fold down. For me it is too useful not to have.

I don't know, one of their mechanics said it needed to be taken to a BMW dealership to be tinkered with because the ABS light was on.

That's what I was hoping, myself.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I got a call back from the salesman saying it's ready to drive so I may go back if anyone else is seriously interested in the car.
Sorry didn't mean anything by it. I was joking about asking you why you posted this as it caused me to go into a moment of madness and list my ZHP that I just bought in Oct on Craigslist. I was seeing if it would be too much trouble (distance, time, etc) if you could go check it out again and possibly take it for a test drive since it wouldn't start last time, but nevermind. Sorry the OB color and supercharger made me go crazy for a second. Apologies for that