PDA

View Full Version : SOLD - Dinan Throttle Body

BCS_ZHP
12-25-2014, 05:29 PM
First, Merry Christmas everyone, hope you're enjoying some time with your bloodline family.

So I quietly bought a Dinan throttle body (TB) a few months ago intending for the wife & I to give it to our 2nd son for his main Xmas present. However, unbeknownst to me she bought something else (not car related) as his main gift, I'm smart enough to say I loved her gift idea better. I offered the Dinan TB to Brett today, he has enough money to pay for it, but he declined. He's the family tightwad, very hard to get him to come off of cash, and even moreso right now since he just bought half of a 330xi 6MT with me last weekend to use as his winter sled.

The Dinan TB sells for about $800 brand new, this one looks to be in great condition, the guy I bought it from bought it a couple of years ago from the original purchaser and never installed it, he races and was worried it would throw him into the next race class. Then he boosted his car so forgot about it, I remembered he had it and inquired back in Sept or Oct. I'm offering it for what I paid, $450 plus shipping. If you're local (hint, hint, Daniel & Shawn), obviously no shipping costs. For a local sale, I'll even help you install it at my house. (I have new upper & lower intake boots, the F connector, and small vacuum line in the garage (was planning to install with this TB) so if we run into a problem with any of those parts being bad on your car we won't be stuck, just replace whatever of those parts you may need.)

My experience with the Dinan TB is it definitely makes a performance difference, at least on the butt dyno and in conjunction with other mods. On one of my older son's previous ZHPs that had a Magnaflow catback exhaust and AFE CAI, we did a differential swap from 3.07 to 3.42. The next weekend we installed a Dinan TB and got an Active Autowerkz custom DME tune (approx $350). The combination of those mods made the ZHP spin a rear tire (non-LSD) at will from a roll of about 10 mph. JP (Hermes) now owns that car and can probably attest to the spunkiness/throttle response of the little slick top mystic blue coupe.

If you're interested in this Dinan TB, it's just as fast/easy to text me and I'll try to answer any questions.
Bruce

ELCID86
12-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Very tempting. GLWS.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

BCS_ZHP
12-25-2014, 06:06 PM
The Dinan TBs rarely surface on the used market, they tend to get bought quickly. This is the 3rd one I've bought, the best looking of the three. As noted earlier, one is on Hermes' ZHP, one I picked up and let Jon (Jupiter) buy from me cause I had no car for it at the time, he installed it on the AW/NB sedan he used to have.

So here are some iPhone pics. Our stock ZHP TBs have a shoulder or necked in area where the butterfly plate rests in the closed position. The benefit of the Dinan TB is it does not have that narrowed section, the airflow is supposed to be about 10% better. And as smoothed out air flows just before it enters the engine's intake side, the theory is it introduces less turbulence. Less turbulence should allow fuel to mix with the smoothed out air better, more air/fuel means more power.

Vas
12-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Very tempting.

LivesNearCostco
12-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Oh so tempting...

Must... Focus... All... Energy... On E36! :eyetwitch

JupiterBMW
12-26-2014, 03:53 AM
...one I picked up and let Jon (Jupiter) buy from me cause I had no car for it at the time, he installed it on the AW/NB sedan he used to have.

Do I make an age comment here?? :rofl I think you're mistaken buddy. I know we discussed the sale/purchase of one a while back, but it wasn't me, I ended up buying mine new (for the full $800) from my local dealer. The only way for me to get Dinan points was to be the original purchaser.

The OEM BMW Performance strut bar, now THAT, I bought from you... Perhaps one of my favorite mods too. :biggrin

GLWS.

BCS_ZHP
12-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Yep, definitely a senior moment, now can't remember who bought that other one from me but fairly sure it was a member here.

cakM3
12-26-2014, 08:02 AM
Bruce I'm interested.....I'll call you soon

cakM3
12-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Yep, definitely a senior moment, now can't remember who bought that other one from me but fairly sure it was a member here.

Gee....I wonder who that person was! ;) I remember you selling it but can't remember who that person is now…..must be an age thing…;)

I left you a voicemail and sent you a PM sir :thumbsup

BCS_ZHP
12-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Mods - please mark this item as SOLD.

cakM3
12-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks again Bruce!! :thumbsup

ELCID86
12-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Nice score.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

cakM3