PDA

View Full Version : Scam on CarforSale... 2004 330ci ZHP

Barefoot-ZHP
12-02-2014, 02:30 PM
http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/2004-bmw-3series-blountstown-fl-240070358

I emailed about the car and got this email back today....

Hello,

I've just seen your email. I'm emailing you about my 2004 BMW 330Ci. The vehicle is still for sale. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained, hasn't been involved in any accident, has a clear title. The vehicle runs and drives excellent. Everything works: lights, gauges, radio, seats, windows, locks, etc. Has no electrical or mechanical problems, damages, dings, scratches or hidden defects.

I bought it when I was serving in Fort Lewis, WA US Army base and now I am deployed in Warsaw, Poland. The vehicle will be delivered from Washington, US. I have dropped the price to $5,000 that includes delivery and handling to your address because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell it before December 27th when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team, back to Afghanistan for a year.

I have setup this sale with Amazon Payments so this deal must go through them. The transaction will be managed by Amazon Payments for our own protection as they act as a neutral third part, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period (starting from the moment when you get it) before committing to buy the vehicle. If the vehicle is not in same condition as I said, you will ship it back on my expense and Amazon Payments will send you a full refund. But I assure you won't be the case.

If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with Amazon Payments. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.

I don't want to offend you, but the vehicle is priced for a fast sale so if you intend to apply for a loan or financing please do not reply to this message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Allison Rollie

P.S.: I have made a photo bucket album for my vehicle: http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/2004bmw330ci1/library/?sort=3&start=all&page=1

Sounds like the typical "I'm out the Country Scam" to me...

danewilson77
12-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Agree

"No flamesuit required"

ELCID86
12-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks for posting. I hope nobody falls for it.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

fredo
12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
The price ( $ 5,000) is a red flag.

wsmeyer
12-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Tell them you're interested and they'll send you a link to a bogus Amazon site. Forward that to amazon and they can get it shut down.

If it was legit you could use the mafia Amazon link lol

Barefoot-ZHP
12-02-2014, 08:15 PM
When I first inquired it was like $8900 IIRC...then it was dropped to $6990 when I went back to it, they dropped it this afternoon to $5k

az3579
12-03-2014, 04:36 AM
This sounds like a case for the Big Boss to sell them Chinchillas. :biggrin

Amazon Payments is a legitimate payment service, from what I see here:
https://payments.amazon.com/customer

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this until contacting Amazon and asking them how this works.

fredo
12-03-2014, 06:12 AM
It makes me wonder ... why she doesn't sell the car to a used car dealer ? I'm pretty sure she could get $ 5,000 easily and avoid dealing with potential buyers.

cakM3
12-03-2014, 06:59 AM
If it sounds too good to be true, then in most cases....it's a ripoff/scam....

az3579
12-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Oh the irony. Right on the listing for the car, it's on the page:

Tips To Avoid Fraud
Ads that contain requests for payment via Western Union or money wire are usually fraudulent.
Ads in which sellers suggest shipping vehicles are generally fraudulent.