PDA

View Full Version : Leather Steering Wheel Rewrap

itdnwiwbp
11-29-2014, 10:15 PM
I picked up a leather steering wheel last month but it has quite a bit more wear on it than was indicated. It wasn't a terrible deal but I think it still needs a rewrap. If the car wasn't my wife's daily and I were the primary driver I wouldn't have a problem doing a Coby rewrap - I always wear gloves to drive my Z4MC. However, I know my wife isn't going to put much if any effort into taking care of an alcantara steering wheel so I was wondering if anyone knows a place that does good work with leather. I've looked locally in San Diego and the only shop I've come up with is one I've dealt with in the past and wasn't terribly satisfied.

Edit: Oh, also, I did a search and read quite a few threads but pretty much all of them just say to get Coby. None seemed to really address whether anyone knew of a good place to get a leather wrap done.

ELCID86
11-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Email or PM Mike at Coby. He may be able to help with leather also.

itdnwiwbp
11-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the tip, Sean!

ELCID86
11-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Sure thing. Here is one I got from Mike that has leather in the "grip areas".

johnrando
12-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Check out DCT Motorsports in NorCal. William and I did a leather re-wrap from them. Not cheap, but the work was good. We got trip-stitch, and they only wish was that it was just ever so slightly front of center vs. ever so slightly rear of center so you could see it better.