PDA

View Full Version : FZV and Keyless Troubleshooting/repair

brianf408
11-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Alright guys, I've hit a dead end with my new ZHP. When I bought it, neither remote was working and the PO recommended replacing the key batteries. I pulled one of them and it had a full charge, 3V. I tried re-coding them and no luck at all, so I started digging around and found the FZV antenna amp seems to be a common point of failure.

I found some info on the amp, pin 3 of the small black connector is supposed to have a 5V reference voltage to the GM5, and drop to 0 (ground) when the antenna receives a signal from the remote. I have between 9V from pin 3, and no change with a key press. I found a used FZV on ebay for cheap that was "tested," and it bounces between 7.5 and 8.5 volts on pin 3.

With the connection pulled, the connector has a steady 5V reference from the GM5 as it should. It seems I have 2 bad FZV units here. Have any of you guys had to deal with this? I found someone who does repairs, but they charge $65 and supposedly have a slow turnaround. The new unit is $200+.

I'm an electrical engineer, there has to be a schematic for this somewhere. It appears to just be an internal short or bad component inside the module that should be a relatively easy fix.