PDA

View Full Version : Quick ZKW question

poke08
11-20-2014, 01:59 PM
How much do ZKW headlights usually go for with burnt bowls?

danewilson77
11-20-2014, 03:04 PM
:dunno

Maybe $200-$250, if that?

"No flamesuit required"

poke08
11-20-2014, 03:06 PM
:dunno

Maybe $200-$250, if that?

"No flamesuit required"

Per side or the set?

danewilson77
11-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Set

"No flamesuit required"

dyintorace
11-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Amazing. I just logged into the forum to ask this very question. I replaced my ZKWs with some ALs and am debating selling the ZKWs as is, or taking the time to repair them and sell them fully functional.

Any opinion on what a fully functional set would go for?

danewilson77
11-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Others can provide input on their worth as well. Please do. I could be way off.

"No flamesuit required"

cakM3
11-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Amazing. I just logged into the forum to ask this very question. I replaced my ZKWs with some ALs and am debating selling the ZKWs as is, or taking the time to repair them and sell them fully functional.

Any opinion on what a fully functional set would go for?

Interesting that you ask this because I would probably say for the set probably around $450-$500 is what I would ask if I were selling a fully functional set of modded ZKW headlight assemblies. Seeing how I purchased a fully functional set of AL headlight assemblies for $625 shipped.

I may be off on pricing but this is what I suspect seeing that the ZKWs had to be modded to make them work with AL projectors whereas the ALs didn't need any modification of the projector assemblies...

dyintorace
11-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Interesting that you ask this because I would probably say for the set probably around $450-$500 is what I would ask if I were selling a fully functional set of modded ZKW headlight assemblies. Seeing how I purchased a fully functional set of AL headlight assemblies for $625 shipped.

I may be off on pricing but this is what I suspect seeing that the ZKWs had to be modded to make them work with AL projectors whereas the ALs didn't need any modification of the projector assemblies...

You bought the pair of ALs I was trying to buy! ;)

If I were to repair the ZKWs I have, I probably would replace just the bowl with the e90 bowl, per the various DIY threads out there. That would get them functional again for someone who wanted to upgrade from halogen.

Then again, selling them as is for $200-$250 and having to spend zero time repairing them sounds like the easy button here.

poke08
11-24-2014, 05:22 PM
You bought the pair of ALs I was trying to buy! ;)

If I were to repair the ZKWs I have, I probably would replace just the bowl with the e90 bowl, per the various DIY threads out there. That would get them functional again for someone who wanted to upgrade from halogen.

Then again, selling them as is for $200-$250 and having to spend zero time repairing them sounds like the easy button here.

I'm debating the same right now. I'll have to do the e90 retrofit for my current head lights since those are pretty bad right now.

dyintorace
11-24-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm debating the same right now. I'll have to do the e90 retrofit for my current head lights since those are pretty bad right now.

When I had my first ZHP, I sent the lights off to Lightwerkz for the retrofit. They turned out fantastic. The light output was crazy good, with a super sharp cutoff. The downside is you have no headlights for ~10 to 15 days, depending on shipping and his schedule. When I bought this ZHP recently and realized I had to re-do the lights, I came across some ALs and decided to grab those, given the time of year and that it's dark early. That leaves me with the ZKWs that need a repair of some sort. The question is if I want to do that or let the next person do so.