PDA

View Full Version : DSC randomly kicking in?

pilotnick1203
11-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Everytime I go around a corner in first gear maybe going 10 max The car shakes and the DSC light comes on and makes a big jolt. I know I have not broken traction, I know the limits of the car, what could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
11-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Dirty wheel speed sensor, or you need an alignment.

"No flamesuit required"

LivesNearCostco
11-14-2014, 08:57 AM
What Dane said should cover >90% of the cases for this. Other much less common possibilities would be your wheel/tire sizes are mismatched, diff has problems, one rear brake caliper is sticky, or the steering or yaw angle sensor has failed. But the sensor problems usually report a DSC fault and turn on the yellow DSC light as a warning.

Or you're really drifting every corner... at 10 mph! :-)

Can you turn DSC completely off? Does this still happen when DSC is all the way off?

pilotnick1203
11-14-2014, 06:39 PM
What Dane said should cover >90% of the cases for this. Other much less common possibilities would be your wheel/tire sizes are mismatched, diff has problems, one rear brake caliper is sticky, or the steering or yaw angle sensor has failed. But the sensor problems usually report a DSC fault and turn on the yellow DSC light as a warning.

Or you're really drifting every corner... at 10 mph! :-)

Can you turn DSC completely off? Does this still happen when DSC is all the way off?

I'll go check and turn the DSC off :) I can't pop a clutch so that isn't an issue, I reckon I'll clean the sensor a see if that works! Thanks Dane and Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk