PDA

View Full Version : New member from Bay Area, Cali

Snuffalufigus
10-25-2014, 02:40 AM
Hello all! My name's Adam, I'm 24 years old and currently deployed to Afghanistan for 6 months. I am stationed at an Air Force base in Cali and love every minute of it! I work on the flight line loading cargo and passengers onto military cargo aircraft such as the C-5, C-17, C-130, KC-10, KC-135, and many others.

I first found out about the 330i ZHP while I was here in Afghanistan. I was searching for a reliable BMW while at the same time keeping that fun to drive aspect. I love the reliability ratings and ease to work on of the ZHP. Plus it's just a gorgeous car!

I have had a few cars. My first being a 2007 Chevy Impala. Drove that thing while being stationed in Germany and it hated those German roads. Next I traded that in for a 2009 Toyota 4runner. Lost her to some dumb 4wheeling decisions :( And then I decided to get a BMW. I loved renting them in Germany and decided to find one. I got a "used" 2012 128i w/steptronic. Fully loaded w/m sport pckge. Loved that car but fears of the future maintenence costs were enough to sell it. I currently don't have a vehicle but i'm looking to get a ZHP due to the cheap costs and fun to drive aspect of it.

Well I think I have talked quite enough and am eager to pour through these forums. I would love to hear the advice of the older and more experienced gents/ladies here! Hopefully I can get my hands on a decent ZHP and hold on to it for a good while.

Oli77
10-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Welcome Adam, plenty of knowledgeable wrenchers here. Hope you find a good car. You are right, it is gorgeous!

3ZHP
10-25-2014, 05:30 AM
Welcome Adam, and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
10-25-2014, 05:55 AM
Yes, welcome and thanks for your service. GL finding the right ZHP.

danewilson77
10-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Adam, welcome.

"No flamesuit required"

fredo
10-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome. I hear California has plenty of ZHPs. Good luck.