PDA

View Full Version : New Member from NoVA

UROTRSH
10-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Hi All,

Recently picked up an 03 BSM ZHP Sedan in Annapolis, MD. Not a bad car for what I paid for it. There are a couple of things that really bother me (who pulls the speakers from the drivers side door and doesn't replace them or uses epoxy to glue the kidney grills to the hood instead of buying new grills after a couple of tabs were broken?), but I really really really like this car. I was originally looking for a ZHP back in early 2013, but sprung for an e39 M5 instead. We had our good times, but the love affair slowly died out and it was time to part with her last month. I wanted something to tide me over until the M2 comes out, so I started searching around. I figured since I had originally wanted a ZHP, I might check it out again. Found one locally on Craigslist and picked it up on 10/3/14. I had planned on doing no "work" to the car and just do gas, oil, and scheduled maintenance as required, but these past couple weeks of driving this car have pretty much changed that. I think this is a keeper. It may be blasphemous to say, but despite the massive power difference and not being an "M" car, I enjoy the ZHP so much more than the M5. The chassis feel and response from the car is absolutely awesome and the I6 is so smooth. While I miss the grunt and noise of the M5, I'm very content with my decision. Now it's time to add that little bit of TLC here and there to get the car up to snuff. Wheels need refinishing as they all seem to be different shades and some even have what I can only describe as clear coat splatter on them (not sure exactly what it is, but its actually in the finish itself). Glad to be a ZHP owner and member on this site.

Had a quick question that I also posted in the "What did you pay" thread. Anyone know of a good way to remove a clear bra on the lower front bumper that has been baked onto the car by the sun? The heat gun method I found by searching online isn't doing a very good job at all as the clear bra seems to be past its sell by date (you can see it a little bit in the pic below). Thanks all!

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag243/challengegray/ZHP_zps6bdabb69.jpg

danewilson77
10-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Welcome Sir.

No flame suit required!

danewilson77
10-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Your bra question above has been answered previous to this. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

No flame suit required!

fredo
10-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Welcome, sir ! You will like this forum. I'm sure you will get the info requested. GL !

NoVAphotog
10-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Welcome! Where in NoVA if you don't mind? I'm in Reston and there are several other members in the area as well!

johnrando
10-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Welcome. Enjoy the ride.

ELCID86
10-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Welcome from Stafford. I hope you will join us this Saturday: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14057

Post a question in the detail section and others here or Phil from Detailer's Domain might respond.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

3ZHP
10-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Welcome

Vas
10-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Welcome. Come join us locals on the cruise.

danewilson77
10-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Your bra question above has been answered previous to this. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

No flame suit required!
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12826

No flame suit required!

UROTRSH
10-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Wow this really is the friendliest forum! Thanks all. I'm sorry Dane, I'll have to do a better search on this. I'm currently in Alexandria, but will be moving to Centerville mid Nov. Sorry I can't join the cruise this Saturday, but I should be down for any meets in the future. I look forward to meeting all of you

BCS_ZHP
10-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Welcome, I'm over in Fairfax Station.

Oli77
10-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Welcome

oldzilla
10-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Welcome.

Avetiso
10-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome!

danewilson77
10-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Wow this really is the friendliest forum! Thanks all. I'm sorry Dane, I'll have to do a better search on this. I'm currently in Alexandria, but will be moving to Centerville mid Nov. Sorry I can't join the cruise this Saturday, but I should be down for any meets in the future. I look forward to meeting all of you
No worries. I'll look around for it when I have time.

No flame suit required!

Yass_ZHP
10-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Welcome!! Love the black ZHP! Congrats!