PDA

View Full Version : ZHP at the Tail of the Dragon and other assorted roads in NC

Jon D
08-25-2014, 04:03 PM
So today's task was drive to a hike and then drive the Tail a few times . Had fun with the car on the roads driving moderately aggressively traffic permitting (very little). ZHP overall did a great job, only kicked the back end way out once ( way to hot into a corner), got some nice squels out of the PSSs a few times a little bit of front tire turn in shudder. You can feel the weight going thru the corners but all on all very planted. We were the 2nd fastest vehicle out there when I was (one guy on a sport bike who really knew what he was doing made us seem SLOW.

Car likes high speed sweepers much more than decreasing radius hairpins. Wife in the right seat had fun could really tell the difference over last car we took thru together (Mustang GT). I have concluded next time 911S or BoxsterS unless I get another Ducati...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

az3579
08-25-2014, 04:22 PM
It's such a shame that such an amazing road is now ruined by tourists and patrols. :(
Glad you still had fun!

Jon D
08-25-2014, 05:15 PM
It's such a shame that such an amazing road is now ruined by tourists and patrols. :(
Glad you still had fun!

Actually didn't see a cop all day . . As for tourists on bikes that don't know how to corner (Harley's and Goldwing's) (or pull over) no comment.

JFern
08-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Sounds awesome. Interesting to hear your thoughts on high speed sweepers. I get the same feeling in mine, it's not quite as eager to turn-in to a really tight 180* hairpin as, say, a Boxster S.

3ZHP
08-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Nice review, I'm only a few hours away and was planning on a road trip that includes it later this year once I complete my cooling system over haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QC_ZHP
08-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Nice review, I'm only a few hours away and was planning on a road trip that includes it later this year once I complete my cooling system over haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm close as well. Why haven't I done this yet?!?

derbo
08-25-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm close as well. Why haven't I done this yet?!?

Good question. I would be all over it if it was close to me.. :\

OtterEffect
08-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Sounds epic. Maybe il drive it someday. I've got the Pacific Coast Highway just an hour an a half away and I have no excuses for why I haven't driven it yet :crying

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Jon D
08-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Sounds epic. Maybe il drive it someday. I've got the Pacific Coast Highway just an hour an a half away and I have no excuses for why I haven't driven it yet :crying

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Driven PCH as well LA to SFO and bits north of SFO. Great road with unbeatable scenery. Not as many tight turns etc as the dragon ZHP would love it.

Jon D
08-26-2014, 03:20 AM
If you guys look here and on the next page you'll see some pics

http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9375476&g=0QAK01SH01

QC_ZHP
08-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Good question. I would be all over it if it was close to me.. :\

I went to college in the area too, just haven't been back up with the BMW. Sounds like I have some planning to do around homecoming in Oct.