PDA

View Full Version : 2005 bmw zhp 66,000 miles (not mine)

Bello-Bmw
08-09-2014, 07:32 PM
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4541458844.html

wrigleybm3
08-11-2014, 07:52 AM
WOW- Great deal!! Somebody pick this up~

agantman
08-11-2014, 08:48 AM
The ad was from July 21st...

ELCID86
08-11-2014, 08:56 AM
The ad was from July 21st...
still active. Perhaps he didn't delete it.

WOLFN8TR
08-11-2014, 09:47 AM
I've seen this car at work in the parking garage. I live in Henderson. If someone needs me to look at it.

ZHPChow
08-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Longtime lurker, first time poster. I contacted him a month ago. He doesn't have title in hand...

ELCID86
08-11-2014, 02:58 PM
^ ciao Chow! Thanks for the info.

jvinecombe
08-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster as well.

I actually actively tried to purchase this car a few weeks ago, and eventually pulled my offer due to how difficult the seller was making the situation. At the time it was listed at $13k (a steal, I know), and we settled on $12,500 several times and I set about making arrangements to transfer money and take possession of the car. Every time we would get a step further forward the buyer would throw in some contingency that had not been mentioned before, for example we would agree on everything and I would be under the full impression that we had a deal, and then he would mention that he would get back to me after another potential buyer came to look at it that evening. This happened several times and became very frustrating.

To further complicate matters I'm down in TX and was either flying up to purchase the car, or have it shipped down to me, thankfully I never had any cash outlay for plane tickets or shipping. As mentioned previously the buyer does not have title in hand, and does not seem to understand how private party sales work. He basically required full payment and a waiting period to receive the title before he would let anybody drive it away, regardless of bill of sale and insurance.

After a very stressful week of back and forth I finally became frustrated to the point that I pulled my offer and moved on. The car looked to be in great shape and I was sad to pass it up. With that said, the owner seemed genuinely honest, is a bit too inept when it comes to car sales. Just an FYI for anybody that is interested in the car, it will likely be a headache.

danewilson77
08-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Welcome. Glad you got it done.

The friendliest forum on the planet.

ELCID86
08-12-2014, 06:23 AM

I actually actively tried to purchase this car a few weeks ago, and eventually pulled my offer due to how difficult the seller was making the situation. At the time it was listed at $13k (a steal, I know), and we settled on $12,500 several times and I set about making arrangements to transfer money and take possession of the car. Every time we would get a step further forward the buyer would throw in some contingency that had not been mentioned before, for example we would agree on everything and I would be under the full impression that we had a deal, and then he would mention that he would get back to me after another potential buyer came to look at it that evening. This happened several times and became very frustrating.

To further complicate matters I'm down in TX and was either flying up to purchase the car, or have it shipped down to me, thankfully I never had any cash outlay for plane tickets or shipping. As mentioned previously the buyer does not have title in hand, and does not seem to understand how private party sales work. He basically required full payment and a waiting period to receive the title before he would let anybody drive it away, regardless of bill of sale and insurance.

After a very stressful week of back and forth I finally became frustrated to the point that I pulled my offer and moved on. The car looked to be in great shape and I was sad to pass it up. With that said, the owner seemed genuinely honest, is a bit too inept when it comes to car sales. Just an FYI for anybody that is interested in the car, it will likely be a headache.

Wow. Some people. Sorry it didn't work out. So are you still searching?

Vas
08-12-2014, 06:38 AM

Sounds like a PITA....

jvinecombe
08-12-2014, 06:50 AM
I did end up buying another car about a week ago. Continued the nationwide search after dropping off this sale, and ended up lucking out and finding something local. Not nearly in as good of condition as this one, but at a drastically lower price.

It really was a huge PITA. I don't mean to speak ill of the guy, as he was very nice, and I do believe he was trying to be honest about vehicle condition; it was just a real headache. It was to be a cash transaction, and I like to think of myself as pretty direct and easy-going, so the fact that this transaction fell through due to complications speaks volumes.

I'm pretty confident that whoever buys it will have a great vehicle on their hands that I will be very envious of. Hopefully it stays within the enthusiast community and sees the type of meticulous care that such a nice low-mileage example deserves.

Schlag96
08-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Seems like in person with cash at his lienholder bank is the only way to go lol

I'm three hours from there.... hm......