PDA

View Full Version : FS: TC Kline Double Adjustable Shocks and Struts

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 11:21 AM
I have a full set of TC Kline double adjustable shocks and struts. They've got around 15k on them and have not seen track use. They can be paired with TC kline components to essentially complete a rockin set of coilovers; they also work with OEM or OE springs. These normally go for $2600 new, so I'm asking $1600 shipped OBO (someone please correct me if my price is off). Would love to sell to a fellow mafioso.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/dimitri1337/IMG_20140630_110104_zps4b17904a.jpg?t=1404153817

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/dimitri1337/20140630_093449_zps876474e4.jpg?t=1404153882

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/dimitri1337/20140630_092630_zps1e0d89bb.jpg?t=1404153846

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/dimitri1337/20140630_093432_zps76f81bfa.jpg?t=1404153796

Sorry for the notsoamazing photos.

derbo
06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Damn I wish I had money for this..

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Price IMO is too low for these components. They should hold value quite well and given the low miles on them.

This is a f'ing steal. Please someone jump on this...I am absolutely in love with my DAs and IMO is the component you can buy for your car. Until you have DAs you do not know the potential of what your car can perform at.

Avetiso
06-30-2014, 04:21 PM
What does tckline charge to rebuild them?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
What does tckline charge to rebuild them?

Can't be certain, but probably a couple hundred per shock.

These shocks are nowhere near rebuild though...I know people who have ran 6+ years on TCK DAs before rebuilding.

Avetiso
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Can't be certain, but probably a couple hundred per shock.

These shocks are nowhere near rebuild though...I know people who have ran 6+ years on TCK DAs before rebuilding.

Thanks, Kyle.

Dimitri, I still think you should keep them.

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks, Kyle.

Dimitri, I still think you should keep them.

That's the plan now. Talked with a guy on E46f and he guided me to a ground control coilover spring kit that will work with these.

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Damn I wish I had money for this..

Derek, you've got ground control springs, right? Do you like them?

derbo
06-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Derek, you've got ground control springs, right? Do you like them?

I'm using ground control sleeves with swift springs.

sent from Moto X Dev Edition

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 04:59 PM
That's the plan now. Talked with a guy on E46f and he guided me to a ground control coilover spring kit that will work with these.

I wouldn't compromise on springs with these shocks...I would either get TCK or Swift Shocks

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm using ground control sleeves with swift springs.

Hmm, I'll take a look at swifts.

I wouldn't compromise on springs with these shocks...I would either get TCK or Swift Shocks

The TCK rep said it would cost me $1000... :/

derbo
06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Hyperco makes the TK springs if I'm not mistaken. Right Kyle?

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 05:12 PM
The TCK rep I talked to said I'd need
Front and rear springs
front camber plates
rear ride height adjusters
upper front spring hats
spring perches and lock rings

if I went with swift springs would I need camber plates?

I honestly have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I'll take a look at swifts.

The TCK rep said it would cost me $1000... :/

You figure caster/camber plates is $400 or so right there. Plus you now need height adjusters for front and rear plus springs...

Anyways I gotta dig up an article, but it shows the differences between springs of companies. Aka the spring rate actually changes through compression for a LINEAR spring. The whole point of a linear spring is constant lb/in ratings.

Hyperco makes the TK springs if I'm not mistaken. Right Kyle?

Your guess is as good as mine.

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
You figure caster/camber plates is $400 or so right there. Plus you now need height adjusters for front and rear plus springs...

Anyways I gotta dig up an article, but it shows the differences between springs of companies. Aka the spring rate actually changes through compression for a LINEAR spring. The whole point of a linear spring is constant lb/in ratings.

God damn camber plates. My budget is $600.

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 05:21 PM
The TCK rep I talked to said I'd need
Front and rear springs
front camber plates
rear ride height adjusters
upper front spring hats
spring perches and lock rings

if I went with swift springs would I need camber plates?

I honestly have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Okay. Lets just take a step back.

So, now you're getting difference springs which are different spring diameters. So, we need different perches to hold these springs in right.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/photos/8711-1008_DA_E46single2.jpg

The red component image up on top is your top spring hat (this allows the spring to compress against this component now that you'll be running camber plates...as before where the spring compressed against your OE mount.

The 2 red pieces on the bottom are your front spring perches/lock rings. This allows ride height adjustment for your front shocks...(they screw right on your threads for the front shocks)

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/photos/TCKRSA3.jpg

This is your read ride height adjuster. It basically takes place of your current rear spring mount and allows rear height adjustment.

Does this make sense now?

I'll price it out myself and compare, but $1000 seems right on.

Who are you talking to?

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Okay. Lets just take a step back.

So, now you're getting difference springs which are different spring diameters. So, we need different perches to hold these springs in right.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/photos/8711-1008_DA_E46single2.jpg

The red component image up on top is your top spring hat (this allows the spring to compress against this component now that you'll be running camber plates...as before where the spring compressed against your OE mount.

The 2 red pieces on the bottom are your front spring perches/lock rings. This allows ride height adjustment for your front shocks...(they screw right on your threads for the front shocks)

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/photos/TCKRSA3.jpg

This is your read ride height adjuster. It basically takes place of your current rear spring mount and allows rear height adjustment.

Does this make sense now?

I'll price it out myself and compare, but $1000 seems right on.

Who are you talking to?

Thanks, makes sense now. I'm not sure who I talked to, but it was someone from their Ohio center. The guys in CA wouldnt pick up the phone.

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks, makes sense now. I'm not sure who I talked to, but it was someone from their Ohio center. The guys in CA wouldnt pick up the phone.

If he is Kale, he is an awesome dude. I know him personally as a very close friend and he helped me setup my car. He knows what he is talking about and don't be afraid to ask questions. Just tell him Kyle Herbst has been talking to you on a forum and he'll be sure to help you understand.

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 05:32 PM
If he is Kale, he is an awesome dude. I know him personally as a very close friend and he helped me setup my car. He knows what he is talking about and don't be afraid to ask questions. Just tell him Kyle Herbst has been talking to you on a forum and he'll be sure to help you understand.

He was super helpful. I asked him a bunch of stupid questions about my shocks haha. He didn't seem to mind at all.

jakksfor20
06-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Are you wanting these for track/autocross or just street use? If you are only going to use them for street, then you may not/should not need camber plates..............Unless you are trying to go super low (i.e. past the drop of H&R Race springs).

NorCal-Dimitri
06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Are you wanting these for track/autocross or just street use? If you are only going to use them for street, then you may not/should not need camber plates..............Unless you are trying to go super low (i.e. past the drop of H&R Race springs).

The guys from TCK said they were necessary to use with the springs. These would be for street use and a very occasional track use. I plan to lower my car just a little.

M0nk3y
06-30-2014, 05:50 PM
The guys from TCK said they were necessary to use with the springs. These would be for street use and a very occasional track use. I plan to lower my car just a little.

Correct.

When you run springs you eliminate the top mount/perch from OEM...so you need to add camber plates to mount back to OE location

jakksfor20
07-01-2014, 03:16 AM

Ah, thought I read earlier in the thread about replacing the top hats. It was top spring perches.

On the same page now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derbo
07-01-2014, 07:07 AM
These shocks :drool I would love to have this to setup for my car....

NorCal-Dimitri
07-01-2014, 07:50 AM
These shocks :drool I would love to have this to setup for my car....

You're starting to make me feel really good about keeping them.

derbo
07-01-2014, 07:54 AM

You should be! I think these shocks may be overkill for street but they will be fantastic when you add the remainder parts. Like Kyle said, $1000 seems about the price necessary to get the parts to become an incredible suspension system. I would've bought these in a heartbeat from you 6months ago if you had them up then. :X

M0nk3y
07-01-2014, 03:12 PM

There is a reason why I chose these over any other suspension (Motion, AST...etc). They are custom valved to TC's specs on a per vehicle...People with more expensive shocks actually open them up and try to revalve them to match the shock dyno of a TCK Koni

You should be! I think these shocks may be overkill for street but they will be fantastic when you add the remainder parts. Like Kyle said, $1000 seems about the price necessary to get the parts to become an incredible suspension system. I would've bought these in a heartbeat from you 6months ago if you had them up then. :X

I did a quick calc and it actually would cost more than $1000. I was at $970 before even adding in the front upper and lower perches along with the nuts..

I run over twice as stiff suspension setup and on full soft I still maintain OEM setup. Trust me, linear springs are absolutely amazing

NorCal-Dimitri
07-01-2014, 03:19 PM
There is a reason why I chose these over any other suspension (Motion, AST...etc). They are custom valved to TC's specs on a per vehicle...People with more expensive shocks actually open them up and try to revalve them to match the shock dyno of a TCK Koni

I did a quick calc and it actually would cost more than $1000. I was at $970 before even adding in the front upper and lower perches along with the nuts..

I run over twice as stiff suspension setup and on full soft I still maintain OEM setup. Trust me, linear springs are absolutely amazing

Wow, I really had no idea that these were so sought after. Props to you, previous owner.

I guess I'll be going with the Eibach setup from GC.

Hermes
07-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Wow, I really had no idea that these were so sought after. Props to you, previous owner.

Yup, this is the only setup I'm planning on installing. I sent Derek the link to this thread right when I saw you post it because I know he wanted them too

NorCal-Dimitri
07-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Yup, this is the only setup I'm planning on installing. I sent Derek the link to this thread right when I saw you post it because I know he wanted them too

Damn. I feel guilty owning these. They're probably never going to be made use of.

Hermes
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
No, install them and use them. You will love it

NorCal-Dimitri
07-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Bump. The GC kit isn't going to be compatible and I'm not willing to dish out the cash for swift or TC kline springs. Any interest?

NorCal-Dimitri
07-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Not for sale. Good news though. Talked to TC Kline again and apparently I don't need camber plates, so I ended up purchasing springs and the works from them. They gave me free shipping and the lower lances for free.

derbo
07-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Oh man! Congrats on the upgrade :)