PDA

View Full Version : Next generation ZHP

3ZHP
05-16-2014, 12:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/uba2yban.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/a7aga4yb.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/yhyqytut.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/seqe4u3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCalZman
05-16-2014, 12:21 PM
I see the 2 series as more of the spiritual successor to the ZHP but that is a pretty hot, albeit big, F30.

NoVAphotog
05-16-2014, 12:39 PM
I see the 2 series as more of the spiritual successor to the ZHP but that is a pretty hot, albeit big, F30.

+1 The M235i specifically based on reviews. And I would never get that racing stripe on that F30...but I'm not a fan of racing stripes in general.

3ZHP
05-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeh, I'm not a fan of the racing stripes either and not big on the 20" wheels.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/asu2u2a6.jpg

gmurphy
05-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeh, I'm not a fan of the racing stripes either and not big on the 20" wheels.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/asu2u2a6.jpg

I'm not big on the gearbox :)

mbeckel
05-16-2014, 01:00 PM
+1 The M235i specifically based on reviews. And I would never get that racing stripe on that F30...but I'm not a fan of racing stripes in general.

+1 racing stripes have no business on that car

Sent from in the bushes

ELCID86
05-16-2014, 01:43 PM
+1 racing stripes have no business on that car

Sent from in the bushes
Reminds me of Herbie the Love Bug.

NoVAphotog
05-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm not big on the gearbox :)

That too...although I will say I've changed my opinion on DSG/DCT/etc. Drove my buddy's GTI with the DSG and it was definitely a different experience, I liked it. Was it as good as driving the ZHP 6MT...not even close...but it was definitely better than a slushbox.

Also. Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the recent "trend" amongst automakers to have the screen stick straight up out of the dash nowadays? This car has it, the 2-series, and others from other manufacturers. It looks HORRIBLE. I like clean/smooth lines...i.e. the screen integrated into the dash lines not sticking straight up as if you could pull it out and use it like a tablet (which would make it fine).

derbo
05-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Definitely I feel a M235i Grand coupe would be the ZHP successor :drool

gmurphy
05-16-2014, 03:28 PM
That too...although I will say I've changed my opinion on DSG/DCT/etc. Drove my buddy's GTI with the DSG and it was definitely a different experience, I liked it. Was it as good as driving the ZHP 6MT...not even close...but it was definitely better than a slushbox.

Also. Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the recent "trend" amongst automakers to have the screen stick straight up out of the dash nowadays? This car has it, the 2-series, and others from other manufacturers. It looks HORRIBLE. I like clean/smooth lines...i.e. the screen integrated into the dash lines not sticking straight up as if you could pull it out and use it like a tablet (which would make it fine).

I like how Audi has the fold out screens that hide in the dash when they are off.

NoVAphotog
05-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Definitely I feel a M235i Grand coupe would be the ZHP successor :drool

I would go for that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

derbo
05-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I like how Audi has the fold out screens that hide in the dash when they are off.

I agree with this.

Tnhl1989
05-17-2014, 04:33 AM
//M GC if that ever happens ;)

gmurphy
05-17-2014, 05:06 AM
//M GC if that ever happens ;)

I'm sure they are rethinking their strategy as Audi and Mercedes have success with their small 4 door models!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOLFN8TR
05-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Between this and my ZHP I would keep my ZHP.

JupiterBMW
05-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Owning both this car and the ZHP, I say there is no comparison. Both cars are great in their own respects, but not a successor. As for the things everyone "hates"... Once you live with them, you don't even notice them. And honestly, I'm starting to hate the term "slush box". Many of the new automatic transmissions shift crisper than most people with a snappy left foot and 3 pedals. That being said, the new 8 speed in the F series is a good transmission.

And as for the screen, honestly, you don't even notice it. If that was someone's only reason for not buying this car, I'd say they were stupid/nuts.

I'm with Derek.... I'll take an ///M2 GC.

NoVAphotog
05-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Owning both this car and the ZHP, I say there is no comparison. Both cars are great in their own respects, but not a successor. As for the things everyone "hates"... Once you live with them, you don't even notice them. And honestly, I'm starting to hate the term "slush box". Many of the new automatic transmissions shift crisper than most people with a snappy left foot and 3 pedals. That being said, the new 8 speed in the F series is a good transmission.

And as for the screen, honestly, you don't even notice it. If that was someone's only reason for not buying this car, I'd say they were stupid/nuts.

I'm with Derek.... I'll take an ///M2 GC.

I wouldn't rule out the entire car just because of a couple design elements, no. I just have an opinion on them and my opinion is a negative one. Similar to the arm rest in our Zhp's. Do I think it's a very cool car overall, hell yeah.

As for slush box, I agree. Most automatics nowadays are incredible. I just use that to refer to automatics in general just out of habit/stigma.

sillieidiot
05-18-2014, 11:44 AM
i think zhps already had a successor. it was the 335is lol

Tnhl1989
05-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Haha the armrest has a delete on our cars. I did it on my car. Loving no arm rest and being able to have more room to shift into gears. I have to say I don't think I can shift fast enough to compensate for the auto 8 speed transmission mind you that it doesn't even have a dct yet or a lsd currently. LSD will be available soon through.