PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak

feytr
04-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi my friends, I was cleaning air filter box and I removed box then unfortunately I saw oil leak, I guess it is leaking from oil pan but I am not sure, I just wanted to ask you. Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Newjack
04-29-2014, 09:01 PM
It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures where exactly in the car I'm looking. But it looks to me like the oil filter housing gasket leak area. How many miles does your care have OP?

KevinC
04-29-2014, 09:13 PM
I just had an oil filter housing leak myself. Relatively cheap fix at my indy.

Avetiso
04-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Oil filter housing.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

feytr
04-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Right next to alternator, almost 122k

It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures where exactly in the car I'm looking. But it looks to me like the oil filter housing gasket leak area. How many miles does your care have OP?

feytr
04-29-2014, 09:57 PM
so far oil filter housing gasket, I will replace it asap. Lucky me in Maryland rainy 2 days :/

feytr
04-29-2014, 09:59 PM
How much did you pay for part ?

I just had an oil filter housing leak myself. Relatively cheap fix at my indy.

feytr
04-29-2014, 09:59 PM
+1

Oil filter housing.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

Avetiso
04-29-2014, 10:01 PM
The gasket is like $6. The job is annoying, though. Rather unpleasant.

Newjack
04-29-2014, 10:03 PM
so far oil filter housing gasket, I will replace it asap. Lucky me in Maryland rainy 2 days :/

I live in MD too man, I feel your pain. You coming to the meet?

Wasn't too bad when I did mine with Justin. Worst part was looking at how filthy his was lol.

feytr
04-29-2014, 10:05 PM

I just check DIY and it's Lil bit long DIY :/ I need to wait Lil bit it's really bad rainy ://

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Avetiso
04-29-2014, 10:06 PM

Wasn't too bad when I did mine with Justin. Worst part was looking at how filthy his was lol.

Haha, yeah cleaning it all was a pain. Worst part was constantly being hunched over. My back was killing me.

feytr
04-29-2014, 10:08 PM
I really wanna go, I was thinking on Sunday but other employee cannot come on Sunday, now I need to ask to my friend for Saturday. Probably I will go on saturday. What about you ? I'm kind of afraid about this leak :/

feytr
04-29-2014, 10:11 PM
How many people come from MD ? Why we don't meet at somewhere and let's go together ?

Newjack
04-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Me and Justin are leaving from my house Friday probably before noon sometime.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?12416-General-Travel-Thread-for-Members-south-of-NJ&p=352128#post352128

The oil leak you have is not a problem. As long as you keep an eye on your oil level and don't ignore the amber warning light that may come on after driving your car will be fine. You don't even need to jack the car up for the repair, so we can definitely give you a hand on Sunday for maintenance day.

feytr
04-29-2014, 10:30 PM

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?12416-General-Travel-Thread-for-Members-south-of-NJ&p=352128#post352128

The oil leak you have is not a problem. As long as you keep an eye on your oil level and don't ignore the amber warning light that may come on after driving your car will be fine. You don't even need to jack the car up for the repair, so we can definitely give you a hand on Sunday for maintenance day.

Ow I gotcha, thank you very much my friend. The problem is maybe I'm not gonna be there on Sunday as I told, other employee cannot cover me on Sunday :(, I would like to come on Friday but it sounds like impossible :/

Newjack
04-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Ow I gotcha, thank you very much my friend. The problem is maybe I'm not gonna be there on Sunday as I told, other employee cannot cover me on Sunday :(, I would like to come on Friday but it sounds like impossible :/

No worries man.

feytr
04-29-2014, 10:33 PM
No worries man.

I'll try my best

BCS_ZHP
04-30-2014, 02:07 AM

No need to jack up car but strongly recommended. First, allows you to more easily remove the belly pan as you'll inevitably drop some tool or bolt during this procedure. And second, raising the front of the car makes it so you don't have to bend over as far and torture your back.

mbeckel
04-30-2014, 03:05 AM
No need to jack up car but strongly recommended. First, allows you to more easily remove the belly pan as you'll inevitably drop some tool or bolt during this procedure. And second, raising the front of the car makes it so you don't have to bend over as far and torture your back.

+1 the back torture is bad. Mine killed after the pcv replacement

Sent from in the bushes

feytr
04-30-2014, 01:32 PM
+1 thank you man

Oli77
04-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Yes indeed I concur with the OFHG. Pic #3 is the giveaway shot. Similar to mine here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?2559-Oli77-s-maintenance-amp-yearly-totals-ledger&p=174600#post174600).

Jacking car is a great tip.

I bought gasket at the dealer along with the 2 crush washers for the vanos oil line (top).

Note that the bolts that hold the oil filter housing are all off different size and you need to keep track for their position (use a piece of cardboard to insert them into the correct position when you take them out).

There is a great DIY somewhere. Looking for it.

Oli77
04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
This is the DIY I followed at 17:36 is the cardboard and the bolts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jy0EKjuxlpY

feytr
04-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you very much oli77.

Yes indeed I concur with the OFHG. Pic #3 is the giveaway shot. Similar to mine here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?2559-Oli77-s-maintenance-amp-yearly-totals-ledger&p=174600#post174600).

Jacking car is a great tip.

I bought gasket at the dealer along with the 2 crush washers for the vanos oil line (top).

Note that the bolts that hold the oil filter housing are all off different size and you need to keep track for their position (use a piece of cardboard to insert them into the correct position when you take them out).

There is a great DIY somewhere. Looking for it.

feytr
04-30-2014, 04:20 PM
+1 Perfect

This is the DIY I followed at 17:36 is the cardboard and the bolts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jy0EKjuxlpY