PDA

View Full Version : My 03 Touring

Bayou
04-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Finally mounted my OE MTech II and cleaned/polished my wheels...

http://i58.tinypic.com/4h5m3d.jpg

Then it rained on my parade...
http://i58.tinypic.com/4uhr4p.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ic3byv.jpg

I'm proud of my little girl, she's no ZHP but she looks pretty good I think.

PirateZHP
04-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Looks great to me!

1 M Mike
04-03-2014, 07:57 AM
+1

Then again all wagons are hot to me. :)

gmurphy
04-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Wow brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
04-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Looks great to me!

+1

midlandtech
04-03-2014, 09:09 AM
+1

Then again all wagons are hot to me. :)

Agreed

taptalk + Note 3

Bayou
04-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks everyone!

I forgot to add what mods I did thus far:

OE MTech II (all OE parts, ducts, trim rings, etc, except for the non-OE foglights)
OE Clear Corners
OE Clear side markers
OE Clear Rear Third Brakelight
OE Clear/Red outer brakelights

H&R Touring Cupkit (replaced Tein SSP)
H&R Swaybars
Status Gruppe Tuning adjustable swaybar endlinks
BMW Rough Road Package (aka strut tower reinforcement)
Rogue Engineering RSMs
OE E46 M3 STB
17 x 8.5 Simmons Racing Wheels OM-17

OE E39 M5 Steering Wheel (replaced the wheel in my M5 and threw this in the E46 lol)
Blaupunkt GTb300 non-ported box
Infinity Kappa 120.9W
Infinity Reference 1600A

Yakima Crossbars, wind deflector, forklift bike trays

Oris/Bosal removable swan neck towbar (aka hitch and comparable to euro OE made by Westfalia)

All work has been done by my hands with the help of some great friends (paintwork and bodywork for the front bumper by my friends, everything else they helped with-David, Dylan, and Jon). Future plans call for OE M3 front seats, new hood, and an interior refresh.
My car is clean, but not perfect. Unfortunately it will never be as it is my daily and gets the brunt of dings, dents, scratches from parking, but I am extremely pleased with this E46 (my fourth one thus far).

Hornung418
04-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Nice list so far. Just need that rear bumper cover to complete the look! Welcome to the forum btw!

Sent from my GS3.

SoDelBMW
04-03-2014, 10:23 AM
looking great! what kind of paint did you use on the front bumper, im thinking of buying the m tech but was questionable about how i was going to paint it?

Bayou
04-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Nice list so far. Just need that rear bumper cover to complete the look! Welcome to the forum btw!

Sent from my GS3.

I'm looked into it before but am going to wait a while before I commit. The main reason is that this setup is already cut for my towbar and would rather keep it for now.

looking great! what kind of paint did you use on the front bumper, im thinking of buying the m tech but was questionable about how i was going to paint it?

AkzoNobel Sikkens. We had access to a professional bodyshop where the bumper was prepped and painted by my friends.

Avetiso
04-03-2014, 11:50 AM
:drool

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

E_Rak
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
<3 OGM wagons unite...

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2833/9124189188_745f625c61_b.jpg

Is yours a 5mt?

Bayou
04-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks Avetiso. Your Orient blue ZHP is beautiful! You did her justice bring her back to life!

<3 OGM wagons unite...
Is yours a 5mt?

Wow another OGM...that's fantastic.

Unfortunately mine isn't 5MT, just an auto as I sit in bumper to bumper for ~3 hours each day. I had an 03 TiAG touring previously, I shouldn't have sold that one, but it led me to this. I really like Oxford Green Metallic II as it isn't very common (at least down here).

My option list contains sport, premium, xenons, HK sound, and heated seats. Looks like your AWD has the PDC which I sorely miss having (was on my old TiAG touring). One thing I don't like as much is the hellbeige interior...but I'm not going to change it lol.

I also like your roof bar delete!!!! I am hoping to go that route if I get a truck to carry my bikes.

TigerTater
04-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I really like TOuring/Wagons...yours looks great man. Nice stance/wheels!

Avetiso
04-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I want a wagon so bad. Every day, I am tempted to sell Jane and buy a school bus E46.

E_Rak
04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Wow another OGM...that's fantastic.

Unfortunately mine isn't 5MT, just an auto as I sit in bumper to bumper for ~3 hours each day. I had an 03 TiAG touring previously, I shouldn't have sold that one, but it led me to this. I really like Oxford Green Metallic II as it isn't very common (at least down here).

My option list contains sport, premium, xenons, HK sound, and heated seats. Looks like your AWD has the PDC which I sorely miss having (was on my old TiAG touring). One thing I don't like as much is the hellbeige interior...but I'm not going to change it lol.

I also like your roof bar delete!!!! I am hoping to go that route if I get a truck to carry my bikes.

Similar options list as you w/ AWD and PDC as you say. AT as well :/. Yeah the roof bar delete lol. The OEM inserts for a real delete were something like 70 per side, so I just removed the bars and all the mounting hardware and covered the holes with nice thick electrical tape, cut down to width. It's a little janky, but it looks decent from a few feet.

You should totally try and source an MT 2 rear bumper! They look bauce.

oldzilla
04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I do have a soft spot for the wagon, nice looker.

Johal E32
04-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Riaz! Glad to see you are on this forum as well

Bayou
04-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks all!

static667
04-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Wagons = awesome. Looking good!

Bayou
01-07-2017, 06:50 AM
After almost 3 year hiatus I'm back, sort of. My 03 touring pictured at the beginning of this thread was my second touring and was traded for a Merc, so umm yeah.

I just finished up a cheapo E46 as a fun STX car and decided to hunt around for something else. I found some interesting projects including a 76 2002 but the body needed a lot more work than I am capable of, then this appeared. Blown head gasket, body damage, extremely filthy, but RWD, 5MT, Fern Green Metallic, and a touring! So I pounced lol.

It'll be a slow project, not sure on the motor yet (M52B28TU is likely, but the M54B30 is possible since I already have a line on one). more than likely I won't start on her until summer as I have other ongoing projects currently in the works (I have 5 cars now lol).

Here she is coming home and meeting the rest of the crew (cell phone pics)...

slater
01-07-2017, 07:17 AM
awesome, and congrats!

i picked up my first Touring recently and i love it. it's going to become a 330iT at the least.... or perhaps an M332iT. ;)

Bayou
01-07-2017, 08:51 AM
awesome, and congrats!

i picked up my first Touring recently and i love it. it's going to become a 330iT at the least.... or perhaps an M332iT. ;)

Actually I started reading your thread while having coffee this morning lol. Nice looking Japanrot! I too hail from the great white north, Calgary. I will be heading home this summer to check out some of those tasty JDM imports Canada gets.