PDA

View Full Version : What is my car worth? Trade-in vs. Sell Myself.

sendtodb
03-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Have a 2006 (built late-2005) zhp w/ 50K miles. No snow. Have two sets of rims (including original M-rims). Have hard-top. Clears on the corners. Car is in awesome shape except for the following:
- has some swirls (approx. 4 in. square) on rear trunk where some dirt got under a drying cloth (boo!)
- was tagged in the rear by a flat-fronted truck. Approx. a 10-15 mph flat-to-flat tag. Professionally fixed, with all BMW OEM parts. I knew the shop's owner, and he got all rear parts replaced... even those that didn't have a scratch (shh!).

Teenaged daughters (2) about to drive, and I might need to move from my zhp to a 4-door, automatic... something!

Just wondering about the difference between a trade-in vs. selling on my own. Not looking to make killing... just a fair price.

Thoughts?

Dan in New Hampshire

mbeckel
03-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Have a 2006 (built late-2005) zhp w/ 50K miles. No snow. Have two sets of rims (including original M-rims). Have hard-top. Clears on the corners. Car is in awesome shape except for the following:
- has some swirls (approx. 4 in. square) on rear trunk where some dirt got under a drying cloth (boo!)
- was tagged in the rear by a flat-fronted truck. Approx. a 10-15 mph flat-to-flat tag. Professionally fixed, with all BMW OEM parts. I knew the shop's owner, and he got all rear parts replaced... even those that didn't have a scratch (shh!).

Teenaged daughters (2) about to drive, and I might need to move from my zhp to a 4-door, automatic... something!

Just wondering about the difference between a trade-in vs. selling on my own. Not looking to make killing... just a fair price.

Thoughts?

Dan in New Hampshire

Upper teens maybe 18-19ish.. Very beautiful car sir!

Sent from in the bushes

Trans
03-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Don't how much it is worth. But in general when you do a trade in, expect to get ripped off.

mbeckel
03-24-2014, 06:45 PM

Thoughts?

Dan in New Hampshire

Oh the estimated numbers I shot were for selling yourself, I absolutely would NOT attempt to trade that car

Sent from in the bushes

HockeyGoon
03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Don't trade it , try to sell it to an enthusiast that wants a zhp and you will get more than a trade in. The trade in will only view it as a regular 330 not an enthusiast car.

sendtodb
03-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Thanks, folks.

I guess the next steps (if I decide to sell it) will be to pull it out of winter storage, have my spring maintenance done, oil changed, car detailed, etc.

Then I will post it here :thumbsup