PDA

View Full Version : Selling stock parts

QC_ZHP
03-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Just curious of everyone's opinions on this. I have my OEM suspension, 3.07, and various other parts from my car just sitting in boxes at my place. I've had a few offers for the suspension but I've been hesitant to get rid of all of it.

Is it worth it to keep all this stuff if I want to put it back to stock one day or should I just dump it and free up some room and extra $$?

ELCID86
03-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Room and $$s. (depending on the parts) Under what condition would you ever put it back to stock?

johnrando
03-11-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm keeping all my stock parts "just in case"... and they will probably never be used, so kind of a waste. But better safe than sorry trying to track them down at some point in the future. So, you know my vote (especially if you have the room for them).

However, if you need cash that's a different story. Not sure about the market on stock suspension though.

QC_ZHP
03-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Room and $$s. (depending on the parts) Under what condition would you ever put it back to stock?

I can't really answer that. I just always have it in my mind that at least I have the stock parts "just in case" as Rando mentioned.

I'm keeping all my stock parts "just in case"... and they will probably never be used, so kind of a waste. But better safe than sorry trying to track them down at some point in the future. So, you know my vote (especially if you have the room for them).

However, if you need cash that's a different story. Not sure about the market on stock suspension though.

I made a post on e46f and have been getting blown up w/ messages about buying my stock suspension. I don't need the cash or necessarily the room but extra cash is never a bad thing.

Thanks for the replies though guys.

johnrando
03-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Good to know there's a market for it.

Pip
03-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Keep the suspension if you plan on selling and reverting to stock. I always kept the stock exhaust which was good because I sold when I decided to buy a new car. I almost sold it too meaning I'd have to take it in the shorts when selling. If you don't plan on selling then ditch the parts for cash.

NorCalZman
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM
I try to keep stock parts whenever possible. So far though I have only added on items (except for my new intake). When I do sell the car, everything I added will be removed and sold sepeerately. I (and most people) will never get back as much money selling it as part of the car vs. selling it separately.

webster
03-11-2014, 02:31 PM
i have a ton of stuff i would LIKE to sell, but the problem is selling it all individually v. altogether in one lot. i have stuff like cupholders, original shifter, dead pedal, sunglass bin, chrome kidneys, OEM pulleys, OEM intake etc. i'm just not sure there's enough $$$ to sell things one by one and have to pay for all that shipping.

i guess i could just create one post on e46f and see if i have any takers.

Avetiso
03-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Stuff like exhaust, intake, and suspension are good to leave, IMO. Depends who you sell it to. Everything else can probably go.