PDA

View Full Version : Registered 2011, First Post, ZHP Owner

fractal
03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Hey everyone, I registered in 2011 but never posted because I wanted to come out with a picture of a perfect vehicle. I never got around to getting my 06 ZHP 330Ci back to showroom condition to post pretty pictures, but that is my plan now since I recently acquired a good paying full-time job.

My first step is to track down the shadowline trim for the window molding. The rubber seals on my 1/4 panel driver window is completely gone (not just cracked), and the passenger side is badly damaged (original owner was in Arizona).

As you all know these parts are $420+ for OE without installation, EACH SIDE!! That is absolutely insane. Any recommendations for me? Look forward to being part of this community, and looking forward to getting my car out of winter storage!

johnrando
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Welcome (back). Not sure how answer your question, but perfection is not needed here. My only guess is find a part out car on e46fanatics.com

gmurphy
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the mafia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermes
03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
You just have to order it from whoever has the best price. It's just a coupe issue and nothing you can do about it.

FYI, the issue is the gloss black "special" trim. Matte black and silver trim/seals are half the price

fredo
03-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Welcome.

ELCID86
03-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks for coming out and congrats on the job.

fractal
03-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys; I do want to get the authentic ZHP trim, not the M3 trim, but that $1,000+ I would be looking at could be better used elsewhere for returning the car to perfect stock condition. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet.

The car is 2006, Black Sapphire Metallic, Natural Brown, 6 Speed, all stock. Interior is near mint (she is not my DD), but the front bumper was cracked on the bottom passenger side when I bought her. Had it fixed at a body shop but the guy warned me the paint wouldn't last, and it didn't. Was only $150 though. It's also full of rock chips, along with portions of the front of the hood. Looking at $1,000+ for a new OE front bumper too.

Also some ass hit my rear bumper years ago with a spiked license plate and left indents in it. I'm hoping a body shop can fix this without replacing the entire bumper...?

Also have bad curb rash to fix, and full detail. But all in all the car still looks great and I have been maintaining it well:

My cousin is a master mechanic, he did the 60K maintenance for me after getting the car at 54K, including:

-Change Oil & Filter (done every 5k)
-Change Belts
-Change Manual Transmission Fluid
-Change Diff Fluid
-Change Power Steering Fluid
-Change Brake Fluid
-Change Fuel Filter
-Change Air Filter
-Change Air Cabin Filter (done every 15k)

I have also had to replace the thermostat, and an O2 sensor. I also replaced the windshield cowl as that was all cracked, just like the 1/4 panel trim from the Arizona heat...that was only $80 though.

She now has 96K miles; I had my cousing do the 90K but I don't think he did everything he did at the 60K, I have to ask him.

I have been putting the car into storage every winter, leaving it covered for over 5 months. I hope this is not damaging the car, I have heard it is not good to let them sit for so long. Last time I started her up after a winter I was surprised the battery wasn't dead; when she started she didn't sound healthy until about 3 minutes of idling, and she threw an engine code indicating a misfire IIRC. Reset the light and it didn't come back on. She was running great the rest of the season. Also the oil never get's the mileage required to change, it only has about 1,000 miles on since putting in Penzoil Euro, but of course it has been sitting all winter. Do I need to change again? It's $100 an oil change.

That's all I can think of for now. I truly feel like the ZHP was the very tail end of a great era for what was once the greatest car company on the planet.

ELCID86
03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Get a battery tender and keep an eye out on e46f for someone parting out a car for the trim.
We need pictures!

Lanister
03-07-2014, 07:20 PM
There's a way around it the trim problem. Check my project thread. I replaced mine and it only cost me $20. I got pictures of the results for your reference.

Sent from outer space...

feytr
03-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the family

danewilson77
03-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Welcome.

SoarinZHP
03-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Hi!

fractal
03-10-2014, 03:48 PM
There's a way around it the trim problem. Check my project thread. I replaced mine and it only cost me $20. I got pictures of the results for your reference.

Sent from outer space...

Thanks Lanister, I'll check it out. It's been on my mind since I got the car.

fractal
04-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Hey guys, I disappeared for a minute there but got pics uploaded! I'm itching to get her back on the road, been driving my Subaru Forester all winter with a slushbox and really want to row some gears! Have been away so long I've been looking at the new Jettas but once I get back in the ZHP I know I won't be able to sell it :)

These shots are from 2012 but the interior is still mint (except the rear headliner is falling down near the c pillar...suggestions?). The front end and wheels are still as battle-scarred as ever and I need to address these issues ASAP. Enjoy.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2s0i9hk.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/30uzrlg.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/53si2s.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/28tdu1k.jpg

johnrando
04-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Beautiful interior!

ELCID86
04-16-2014, 04:09 PM
NB FTW! Is it the pillars themselves or the actual headliner?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.