PDA

View Full Version : 2003 330i ZHP, Si/Blk, 115k miles, $6800, 6sp (Mandeville, LA)

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Craigslist car

http://tinyurl.com/mkba4w9

Avetiso
02-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Not bad...

ELCID86
02-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Attractive price if it checks out even ok.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

yura
02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Hideous wheels, but otherwise looks pretty good. Nice price.

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Grrr ... I just can't read the plate enough to run a Carfax on it ...

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Hideous wheels, but otherwise looks pretty good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that, those are some G.A.H. wheels ...

ELCID86
02-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Grrr ... I just can't read the plate enough to run a Carfax on it ...
Did he stick something over the middle digits? Can tell in my phone. Maybe
KW_366?

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Did he stick something over the middle digits?

I don't think so, just a bad enough angle that the 1st 3 aren't clear enough, at least to me ...

ELCID86
02-15-2014, 02:12 PM
I saw an article once that Adobe has a group that works with law enforcement to assist with plate ID in cases where the tag isn't clear.

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Emailed seller for more info and MOAR PICS!!!

Avetiso
02-15-2014, 02:54 PM
Unknown letter looks like a C to me.

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 03:15 PM
KWC366 comes back as a Hyundai Santa Fe, but I think you're right it's ??C366

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey, Avetiso, you shipped your project ZHP across the country, (IIRC), right? What do you guess it would cost to ship this one from LA to CA?

Somewhere around 1k?

Vas
02-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Attractive price

Avetiso
02-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey, Avetiso, you shipped your project ZHP across the country, (IIRC), right? What do you guess it would cost to ship this one from LA to CA?

Somewhere around 1k?
It's a good estimate. I'd say probably $1,100. Unless you have someone coming from FL to the East Coast, there's not many trucks that'll go through LA.

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 04:00 PM
It's a good estimate. I'd say probably $1,100. Unless you have someone coming from FL to the East Coast, there's not many trucks that'll go through LA.

Ok, thanks. If things get serious, I'll pm your for more details of your experience, if that's ok ...

As for my previously professed desires, I'll mount my defense with this particular quotation:

He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better.

TigerTater
02-15-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm in mandeville right now. My wife's families here. Lmk if I can assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dearg-due
02-15-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm in mandeville right now. My wife's families here. Lmk if I can assist

Wow, thanks!!!

Right now, this is just a crazy hair up my ass, and I haven't heard anything back from the owner, so who knows ... but the offer is ... well, representative of how +1 I have found this community to be, in general, in the limited time that I have been a member here.

bshovers
02-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Emailed seller for more info and MOAR PICS!!!
let me know what he says I'm interested in this car and would probably like someone to check it out...just don't know about driving back from LA. In talks about purchasing the one in GA on bimmerforums but haven't gotten anyone to check it out for me yeah

BoostedZHP
02-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Wow that's a steal if everything is good. Maybe a rebuilt title? That's the cheapest ZHP I've ever seen, and pretty low miles. Someone should check this out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjw7800
02-15-2014, 09:11 PM
talked to owner,,seems like a great honest guy,,i linked him this thread and told him to join

i also did an autocheck,,clean title no issues

kinda screws up when i cut and past but i know of no other way to link it

id buy it,but with my self employment i wont have enough after the purchase to buy and sell a couple motorcycles like i need before summer

AutoCheck Vehicle History Report
POWERED BY
2003 BMW 3-Series 330i
Report Run Date: 2014-02-15 23:50:13.618 EST
Report Summary

Class: Upscale - Near Luxury
Engine: 3.0L I6 EFI
Country of Assembly: Germany
Vehicle Age: 11 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 2
VIN: WBAEV53483KM04091
Year: 2003
Make: BMW
Model: 3-Series 330i
Style/Body: Sedan 4D
This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history. It lets you compare similar vehicles with ease.
About the AutoCheck Score
This vehicle qualifies for Buyback Protection

buyback
Safeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection. It reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.
About Buyback Protection

AccidentCheck
Reported accidents: 0

Title and ProblemCheck
Your vehicle checks out!

OdometerCheck
Your vehicle checks out!
Last Reported Odometer Reading: 109,053

Vehicle Use and EventCheck
Specific vehicle use(s) or events reported
View Full History

AccidentCheck
Not all accidents / issues are reported to AutoCheck.
checks_outYour Vehicle Checks Out! There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 BMW 3-Series 330i (WBAEV53483KM04091). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle.
Title and ProblemCheck
checks_outYour Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 2003 BMW 3-Series 330i (WBAEV53483KM04091) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and EventCheck for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.
0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
image No abandoned title record
image No damaged title or major damage incident record
image No fire damaged title record
image No grey market title record
image No hail damage title record
image No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
image No junk or scrapped title record
image No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
image No odometer problem title record
image No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
image No salvage title or salvage auction record
image No water damaged title record
image No NHTSA crash test record
image No frame/unibody damage record
image No recycling facility record
OdometerCheck
checks_outYour Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 BMW 3-Series 330i (WBAEV53483KM04091) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
image 75 05/20/2003
image 29,562 07/13/2005
image 29,562 07/13/2005
image 29,650 07/23/2005
image 29,728 08/05/2005
image 81,806 05/06/2009
image 100,417 05/18/2011
image 109,053 08/17/2012
Vehicle Use and EventCheck
imageInformation Reported! AutoCheck shows additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 BMW 3-Series 330i (WBAEV53483KM04091). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.
1 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
image Fleet, rental and/or lease use record(s)
image No taxi use record
image No police use record
image No government use record
image No livery use record
image No driver education record
2 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
image No accident record reported through accident data sources
image No corrected title record
image No duplicate title record
image Emission/safety inspection record(s)
image Loan/Lien record(s)
image No fire damage incident record
image No repossessed record
image No theft record
image No storm area registration/title record
Full History
Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
Report Run Date 2014-02-15 23:50:13.618 EST
Vehicle: 2003 BMW 3-Series 330i (WBAEV53483KM04091)
Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
05/20/2003 CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
07/02/2003 WALNUT, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL (Leased Vehicle)
07/15/2003 CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Lien Reported)
07/13/2005 PACIFIC SW REGION
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
07/13/2005 PACIFIC SW REGION
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE
07/23/2005 CA
State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
EMISSION INSPECTION
08/05/2005 CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
10/15/2005 LIVERMORE, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Lien Reported)
10/23/2005 LIVERMORE, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/11/2005 LIVERMORE, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
11/11/2005 LIVERMORE, CA
05/22/2008 LIVERMORE, CA
03/18/2009 LIVERMORE, CA
05/06/2009 CA
05/18/2011 CA
08/17/2012 COVINGTON, LA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
This Vehicle's Glossary
Below are the specific definitions for events that appear in this vehicle's report.
More information is available in the full AutoCheck glossary.
Term Section Location Definition
Loan/Lien Vehicle Use and EventCheck A loan/lien is the legal right to take and hold or sell the vehicle of a debtor as security or payment for a debt. Normally, a vehicle will have a lien due to a loan or unpaid repair bill against the vehicle. Check with the seller to ensure that the lien has been satisfied.
Emission/Safety Inspection Vehicle Use and EventCheck An approved emission testing station has inspected the vehicle to measure the amount of pollutants the vehicle emits into the environment.
Fleet, Rental and/or Lease Use Vehicle Use and EventCheck The vehicle has been reported as used as a fleet, rental, and/or lease vehicle.

Dearg-due
02-16-2014, 03:24 AM
I think I want.

:megaphone

bshovers
02-16-2014, 06:21 AM
Do we know what maintenance or service work has been done recently...dont want to drive this car back to wisconsin and have it crap out lol

Dearg-due
02-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Do we know what maintenance or service work has been done recently...dont want to drive this car back to wisconsin and have it crap out lol

Because ... I slept on it and decided I shouldn't do it with the financial issue that cropped up this week still unresolved, here's what I know from the owner:

Thanks for your interest in my car. I purchased it as a CPO with 28K miles in 2005 so I'm the second owner. It's been a great car with very few issues over the years In fact I'm having a hard time parting with it, but I recently purchased an M3 so it doesn't make sense owning 3 BMWs.

I have all the maintenance records since I owned the car. The clutch was replaced about 2 years ago and I had the 100K service done at that time. I've also had various oil leaks repaired recently. The timing belt was replaced around 80K miles. I'm going from memory so I'd have to go through the records for specifics. I have a stack of maintenance and repairs.

Cosmetically the body is straight with a few very light dings and rock pits on the front bumper and some scrapes on the lower bumper. I'm very meticulous with my cars and do all the detailing myself and repair or replace broken parts. In addition, it's always been kept in the garage. The interior has some wear and the drivers bolster also shows some wear but there are no rips or significant damage. The shift knob is basically brand new and I have the original one (somewhere).

Unfortunately, I do not have the original wheels as I ran over a pipe on the interstate which flattened the wheels and blew out the tires. It was more cost effective to buy aftermarket wheels. I purchased them from Tire Rack and I get a lot of complements. The wheels have some curb rash but there are not bends.

Ran the Carfax from the plates. Came back clean, car was in California until about 10k miles ago. Frankly, if the mechanical side checks out, this might be the deal of the year.

Sometimes, I hate my "inner adult" ...

yura
02-16-2014, 02:36 PM
That's a very "solid" response from the seller. Proper information, sounds like it was well maintained and had a loving owner. Just the kind of person I'd want to buy a vehicle from.

MiniD
02-16-2014, 03:05 PM
^ +1. $6,800 for a 115k 2 owner ZHP...I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. This is the best deal I've seen in a long time.

jakksfor20
02-16-2014, 03:42 PM
3 BMW's and he says the "timing belt" was replaced. Hum....

bshovers
02-16-2014, 03:47 PM
This is what I got for a response through email. A somewhat different story.

Thanks for your interest in my car. I purchased it as a CPO with 28K miles in 2005 so I'm the second owner. It's been a great car with very few issues over the years In fact I'm having a hard time parting with it, but I recently purchased an E90 M3 so it doesn't make sense owning 3 BMWs (Wife has an X5).

I have all the maintenance records since I owned the car. The clutch was replaced about 2 years ago at 107K miles and I had the 100K service done at that time. I've also had various oil leaks repaired recently. The timing belt was replaced around 80K miles. I'm going from memory so I'd have to go through the records for specifics. I have a stack of maintenance and repair receipts.

My mechanic offers to sell cars through consignment and I was going to sell it through him but thought I'd sell it on my own. So to be honest, the car needs the following and I adjusted the price because it needs some work...although I'm beginning to think I've under priced the car.
- Brake Pads (maybe rotors)
- Power Steering Pump is leaking
- Oil Pipe is starting to leak from the oil filter canister

Cosmetically the body is straight with a few very light dings and rock chips on the front bumper and some scrapes on the lower bumper. I'm very meticulous with my cars and do all the detailing myself and repair or replace broken parts. In addition, it's always been kept in the garage. The interior has some wear and the drivers bolster also shows some wear but there are no rips or significant damage. The shift knob is basically brand new and I have the original one (somewhere).

Unfortunately, I do not have the original wheels as I ran over a pipe on the interstate which flattened the wheels and blew out the tires. It was more cost effective to buy aftermarket wheels. I purchased them from Tire Rack and I get a lot of complements. The wheels have some curb rash but there are not bends.

Let me know if you'd like to make arrangements to see it in person.

Dearg-due
02-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Hmmmm ... the plot thickens.

Sigh ... why can't there be unicorns ...

bshovers
02-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Hmmmm ... the plot thickens.

Sigh ... why can't there be unicorns ...

Glad he was honest with me lol... I would bought the thing and drove it back to Wisconsin and probably wouldn't have made it lol...

Dearg-due
02-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Hopefully, those are the sort of things that would have shown up in a 3PI.

There was NO way I was even going to book my flight, let alone be committed to drive from LA to LA, without having an indy BMW mechanic crawl up the tail pipe and out the front intake and report on EVERYTHING in between ...

6.8k or not, it's got to be solid, ESPECIALLY if you don't list any issues in your posting ...

now I'm kinda grumpy over this one. (Not that 6.8 isn't still, probably, a good deal, but c'mon ...)

ChrisCSL#25
02-16-2014, 04:46 PM
I like how he said, "It doesn't make sense to have two BMWs". Hmmm, really? I just bought mine a month ago and I'm looking for my next one!

Mjw7800
02-16-2014, 10:09 PM
i got the same messages when i asked of any problems
telling him iv owned some bmws before

Sounds like you're an enthusiast also. I had an e36 M3 sedan before this car and it took a month to find it.

My mechanic offers to sell cars through consignment and I was going to sell it through him but thought I'd sell it on my own. So to be honest, the car needs the following and I adjusted the price because it needs some work.
- Brake Pads

No issues with the shock mounts, bushings, or shocks. The clutch was replaced 2 years ago at 107K and I have 115K on it.

The headliner is good and airbag pillar cloth separated last summer and I removed it completely. Honestly, you can't tell it was removed. I blame the Louisiana heat and humidity as this car was from California just 18 months ago. There are no tears in the interior but there is some wear on the soft covered plastic items on the cup holder and rear ash tray (from my son's feet). I've always kept it in a garage but the M3 kicked it out.

I have Bridgestone Potenza RE 750 tires on it.

In 2010 it was victim of a small rear end collision. The damage was very light on the bumper, and I had it repaired at a BMW collision center in California.

WBAEV53483KM04091

Let me know if you have any other questions or want to see it.

Steve

Mjw7800
02-16-2014, 10:47 PM
what is a rough est of the cost to do the items he listed?

- Brake Pads

he said his mechanic said the rotors didnt need to be done,,but who knows
he said no sensors were bad also

csanter
02-17-2014, 07:19 AM
So with each inquire he adds more bad news. Rear end collision, what's next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ELCID86
02-17-2014, 07:25 AM
walk (run?) away.