PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get ahold of Khoalty??

Cadeez
02-13-2014, 11:33 AM
I ordered some parts on Monday, my card was charged, but I have gotten zero conformation/notification from Khoalty whatsoever. No email order confirmation. No status updates on the site. Is this normal? I've emailed the sales@khoalty email and sent a message on the site, no response. Anyone know how I can get through to these freakin guys?? Anyone run into these same issues? In my opinion, this is ridiculous, and horrible customer service. I always heard great things from you guys about them, so I strayed from Umnitza this one time...I won't make that mistake again.

TigerTater
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
I ordered some things from them last week, got it by monday...No issues here. Very well packaged shipped via Fedex.

brettbimmer
02-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Ordered some silver corner bulbs from them in the past. I recall not getting any confirmation email either, but the bulbs arrived about a week later. Hope your order comes through without issue. Only way to correspond with them is via email as they don't have a phone number.

Lanister
02-13-2014, 11:57 AM
They ship pretty quickly but I too found that lack of contact information was in poor taste of them. I did get the order confirmation and tracking number. Maybe you put in an incorrect email addy?

Pip
02-13-2014, 12:02 PM
That isn't normal. Every order I've had through khoalty has an email with the purchase and confirmation number. I needed to contact them once and I used the same email address you've listed. There is a number listed in my email: 619-630-5462 M-F 8-5pm PST.

QC_ZHP
02-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Just ordered bulbs this morning, got an instant confirmation email and another shipped email about an hour later. Check your spam?

Newjack
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Just ordered bulbs this morning, got an instant confirmation email and another shipped email about an hour later. Check your spam?

This might be what happened. Ive ordered from khoalty dozens of times and have always had a confirmation email sent immediately after purchase, along with another email when the item ships.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ELCID86
02-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Check your spam?
+1

johnrando
02-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Frankly, their customer service is all over the map according to what I've read. Many people say they are responsive and I've read many posts the complain about the lack of response from them. So, it seems it's hard to tell what you are going to get.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

kayger12
02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Frankly, their customer service is all over the map according to what I've read. Many people say they are responsive and I've read many posts the complain about the lack of response from them. So, it seems it's hard to tell what you are going to get.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

This

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
02-13-2014, 06:43 PM
This

+1

Good seeing you Cadeez.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cadeez
02-14-2014, 08:33 AM
+1

Good seeing you Cadeez.

You too Big Dane!

Well, I did end up checking the "trash" folder in my Hotmail, their confirmation was there along with their responses to my messages (I order parts online allll the time, as I'm sure most of us do, and I never even thought to look in my spam folder because I've never had to before), but all is still not good in the hood... I'll admit, my messages to them were a bit curt, direct and to the point. So when I finally got their responses, they were, a bit defensive... But they said the parts would ship out yesterday. I responded two more times, was the bigger man, thanked them and said it was my bad. No response. So now, here it is 5 days later, my order is still "processing" and I'm pretty sure this is a completely lost cause. I want the freakin parts...a lot. Just not sure what to do at this point, they are obviously not in any rush to ship this stuff out. I just wish I could call and talk to someone there, what a joke. Anyhow, sorry for the rant fellas...

Signed,
Frustrated as a mutha f*cka

QC_ZHP
02-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Just a bad situation. First step is to get rid of that hotmail account though!

This site lists a # for them, may be worth a shot. http://www.manta.com/c/mtcpn2l/khoalty-llc

stephenkirsh
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM
I was going to get their lens replacements. Note to self: don't order from them if I'm in a hurry.

Just a bad situation. First step is to get rid of that hotmail account though!

+1

QC_ZHP
02-14-2014, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't count them out. I've ordered from Khoalty multiple times and I've never had a problem, but I've never had the need to contact them. Always got the right parts on time, as well as instant notifications. I just ordered bulbs yesterday and they were shipped 3 hours later. In reality, it's probably just 1 guy running this on the side. He's obviously not drop-shipping either.

Cadeez
02-14-2014, 09:58 AM
I was going to get their lens replacements. Note to self: don't order from them if I'm in a hurry.

+1

Personally, I would order through Umnitza for lenses/lighting, 100%. Those guys freakin rock!! I've ordered ALL of my lighting through them for all 3 of my BMW's. Their site is relatively archaic, but they will always work with you, cut you deals if you order a bit of stuff, and you can call them! Tim & Matt are great guys, customer service with them is always top notch, and their prices are the same or better than Khoalty. My Khoalty order wasn't for lighting, which is why I went through them. But as it turned out, I ordered all of my lighting from Umnitza on Monday, found it cheaper on Khoalty (due to 2 sales items and free shipping over $100 sale), so I contacted Umnizta (over the phone...see what I did there??) and not only did they meet the price and refund me the difference, but guess what was waiting on my doorstep last night when I got home from work?? Christmas in February!!

johnrando
02-14-2014, 10:57 AM
This post is funny cuz we've just had the same mixed reviews discussion on Umnitza as well. Some love it, some hate it. Just like Khoalty.

Avetiso
02-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah, that's a bit comical.

Cadeez
02-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Haha no way.. Well, different strokes for different folks I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKO_ZHP
02-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Umnitza has been proven to have a worse track record than good. You can tell from their Yelp reviews and BBB - which by the way, they claim to be fraudulent and incorrect. Plus a quick Google search shows 999 threads about them (998 are negative)

I've thrown over $750 at Khoalty over the past two years in over 6 separate orders and I've never had a problem with them. They even used a picture I submitted in a review as an ad on their Facebook page. Not saying they are perfect but as far as this customer is concerned, I never had to file a claim on BBB or write a bad review/thread.

I know that one of the guys there - Dean - is active on their Facebook page, if you'd want to try contacting them there. Through emails, it's usually split between Dean, Kevin, and one other guy.

kayger12
02-14-2014, 02:28 PM
This post is funny cuz we've just had the same mixed reviews discussion on Umnitza as well. Some love it, some hate it. Just like Khoalty.

Bingo

danewilson77
02-17-2014, 03:25 PM

+1

Cadeez
02-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Umnitza has been proven to have a worse track record than good. You can tell from their Yelp reviews and BBB - which by the way, they claim to be fraudulent and incorrect. Plus a quick Google search shows 999 threads about them (998 are negative)

I've thrown over $750 at Khoalty over the past two years in over 6 separate orders and I've never had a problem with them. They even used a picture I submitted in a review as an ad on their Facebook page. Not saying they are perfect but as far as this customer is concerned, I never had to file a claim on BBB or write a bad review/thread.

I know that one of the guys there - Dean - is active on their Facebook page, if you'd want to try contacting them there. Through emails, it's usually split between Dean, Kevin, and one other guy.

See, now I've had the exact same experience...but with Umnitza. I've ordered mainly lighting and a few misc items for all 3 of my BMW's, I've spent well over $1k in 3-4 orders over the years, and they've always done me right. Every single order they've thrown in free extras (bulbs etc) and/or shaved a bit off the top of the shipping just because I was spending a decent amout of money. And the shipping? I have it in two days. Granted, I'm in OR and they're in SoCal, but so is Khoalty. The only (minor) downside to Umnitza for me is their site, it's pretty bad, but who really cares as long as you get great deals on great parts...fast? Not me. Oh well, to each their own. I'm sure Khoalty is great, just not in my experience. Hopefully my parts arrive tomorrow, intact, as they are scheduled to...