PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ZHP Convertible

michaelr
02-10-2014, 01:18 PM
i checked all listings available (i think), but i cant find what i was looking for.
i am looking for a zhp convertible. exterior color doesnt matter so much (silver is the one i like least). interior everything but alcantara and grey. budget 15k. car must be manual. accident free.mileage as low as possible, but 100k is my max. navigation would be nice, but not a must. i search many craigslist, cars.com, autotrader adds, through the US, and i couldnt find one matching car. please let me know, if you have a car for sale, or you know someone who has one for sale. thank you

diverse
02-10-2014, 06:09 PM
car max has two in California one is black the other red
the black one has navigation
80k miles or close to that very clean

BCS_ZHP
02-10-2014, 07:35 PM
OP, think you might want to reconsider your interior options. Alcantara is the best choice, IMO, when it's hot you won't stick to the leather. My wife had an alcantara vert for 3 years, she's a tennis nut so always in shorts or skirts, she never burned her legs even after leaving the vert court side in the sun for several hours.

ELCID86
02-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Welcome and I agree you should consider Alc. as a viable option. A car with those miles and 6MT may be hard to come by, but keep your eyes peeled. Autotrader often has a lot of ZHPs. Do the search for 2003-2006 vert and then scan the pictures for the distinctive m-tech2 bumper.

Where are you located?

michaelr
02-11-2014, 09:31 AM
car max has two in California one is black the other red
the black one has navigation
80k miles or close to that very clean

the black one is automatic, and the red one got already reviewed (not that good) in this forum.

michaelr
02-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Welcome and I agree you should consider Alc. as a viable option. A car with those miles and 6MT may be hard to come by, but keep your eyes peeled. Autotrader often has a lot of ZHPs. Do the search for 2003-2006 vert and then scan the pictures for the distinctive m-tech2 bumper.

Where are you located?

im located in colorado.
im decoding every vin, for 1 week, of every car i found without pictures on craigslist and autotrader. there is actually a nice red one at jeff's motorcars in ohio. i contacted them the minute they put it online. first they said, they made a mistake in the advertising, by forgetting to mention the ZHP, a minute later i got an email, there was a contract written on the car. an hour later they increased the price by 1400$. not worth to waste my time

COBMWs
02-11-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm in Colorado too. Funny, I called on that one at Jeff's Motorcars yesterday too.

There's a nice one at Hilton Head Honda - 66k miles, no accidents, asking $12,988. Silver with blue top, gray interior. I've considered it, but like you, Silver is not at the top of my list.

michaelr
02-11-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm in Colorado too. Funny, I called on that one at Jeff's Motorcars yesterday too.

There's a nice one at Hilton Head Honda - 66k miles, no accidents, asking $12,988. Silver with blue top, gray interior. I've considered it, but like you, Silver is not at the top of my list.

Silver is fine, but not the grey interior :)

ELCID86
02-11-2014, 09:44 AM
im located in colorado.
im decoding every vin, for 1 week, of every car i found without pictures on craigslist and autotrader. there is actually a nice red one at jeff's motorcars in ohio. i contacted them the minute they put it online. first they said, they made a mistake in the advertising, by forgetting to mention the ZHP, a minute later i got an email, there was a contract written on the car. an hour later they increased the price by 1400$. not worth to waste my time

Be sure to add any you find to the zhpregistry. Thanks and GLWYH

diverse
02-11-2014, 10:05 AM
The following cars can be found on auto trader in 25 miles from 30310
There is one in Atlanta for 13498 it looks sweet

a black convertible with 106k

there is also a white one for 11k convertible
and a grey one for 10k not a convertible but a coupe

all within the Atlanta area.

25 miles from zipcode 30310

diverse
02-11-2014, 10:09 AM
another one in Atlanta 10995 on autotrader

michaelr
02-11-2014, 10:21 AM
The following cars can be found on auto trader in 25 miles from 30310
There is one in Atlanta for 13498 it looks sweet

a black convertible with 106k

there is also a white one for 11k convertible
and a grey one for 10k not a convertible but a coupe

all within the Atlanta area.

25 miles from zipcode 30310

all automatic trans

bjbstewart
02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
the black one is automatic, and the red one got already reviewed (not that good) in this forum.

I can't seem to find the review of the red one. can you point me to that? thanks!

michaelr
02-11-2014, 10:29 AM
I can't seem to find the review of the red one. can you point me to that? thanks!

here you go:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11910-2006-Imola-Red-Vert-auto-18-599.00-72k&highlight=convertible

bjbstewart
02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
here you go:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11910-2006-Imola-Red-Vert-auto-18-599.00-72k&highlight=convertible

Thanks - appreciate that!

oldzilla
02-11-2014, 03:54 PM
i checked all listings available (i think), but i cant find what i was looking for.
i am looking for a zhp convertible. exterior color doesnt matter so much (silver is the one i like least). interior everything but alcantara and grey. budget 15k. car must be manual. accident free.mileage as low as possible, but 100k is my max. navigation would be nice, but not a must. i search many craigslist, cars.com, autotrader adds, through the US, and i couldnt find one matching car. please let me know, if you have a car for sale, or you know someone who has one for sale. thank you

It is white, but grey on the interior maybe worth the look.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=80128&endYear=2006&vehicleStyleCodes=CONVERT&modelCode1=3_SERIES&showcaseOwnerId=765463&startYear=2004&makeCode1=BMW&firstRecord=26&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B%5D%5B3_SERIES%5B%5D%5D%5D&listingId=352274021&Log=0

michaelr
03-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Finally got my car. link to it here.

flew down to Burbank on thursday, bought it and drove it home to Colorado. it is an amazing car.however it has some minor issues. i just got it inspected by BMW.
- Control arm bushings need to be replaced (rattling was loud)
- wrong coolant fluid
- brake fluid needs change
- wheel liner passenger side to bumper missing (noticed already at carmax)
- wipers need to be changed (noticed already at carmax)
- noise in roof (noticed already at carmax)

door handle and stone chips was not as bad as i expected (it will get more chips here for sure in colorado). shift knob, is worn and loose. plastics broken out.
Car needs some detailing and love. didnt have original floor mats, and some plastic is damaged on the rear seat.
nice thing, it has the isample adapter so i can connect iphone to navigation. Brand new brakes and rotors! Curbing on rims got already fixed before i got there. Rear spoiler got installed a little bit of center, but i can live with that. one little dent at the rear quarter panel . pretty sure through parking.
everything besides the shift knob (cosmetics) carmax told me they will fix it under there 30day warranty. total repairs around a 700 bucks at BMW. no oil leaks, or worn gaskets. SA was impressed about "the "rare find". (ZHP, Navi, Manual and red).
i already invested 140$ in it for new shift knob and microfilter (full of dirt and bugs). like my SA said, it wasn't a garage queen. so, thats my little review about my new little toy.

ELCID86
03-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Congrats!

Avetiso
03-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Congrats! ×2

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Openair
03-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi Michaelr,
I bought the 04 ZHP from Jeff's in Feb. We must have been looking at it at the same time. They didn't have photos but asked salesman to send pics. Then I knew it was a ZHP. Bought it in 10 minutes and wire transfered money within hour. When I picked car up Jeff said he bought it sight unseen and thought it was a regular Cic. and priced it accordingly. When they realized what it was they raised price on internet. They stuck to the original deal of $14,800 and were very easy to deal with. Enjoy your new to you ZHP they are a delight to own and drive.

michaelr
03-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi Michaelr,
I bought the 04 ZHP from Jeff's in Feb. We must have been looking at it at the same time. They didn't have photos but asked salesman to send pics. Then I knew it was a ZHP. Bought it in 10 minutes and wire transfered money within hour. When I picked car up Jeff said he bought it sight unseen and thought it was a regular Cic. and priced it accordingly. When they realized what it was they raised price on internet. They stuck to the original deal of $14,800 and were very easy to deal with. Enjoy your new to you ZHP they are a delight to own and drive.

Are you serious? you are the one who got that car? i was checking the ad as soon as it came up. checked the vin, contacted jeff. the told me its getting detailed right now. the send me the pictures, told me they made a mistake in the pricing because of the zhp. but told me to honor the original price. i called right away and car was sold. that was a punch in the face. but now i know why. congrats to your car. its a beauty too.

Openair
03-19-2014, 08:13 AM
We both seemed to have gavitated to ZHP Mafia. Neat forum with a wealth of info on our cars!

danewilson77
03-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Good having you guys.