PDA

View Full Version : (Sold) OEM BMW Performance Intake For Sale

MiniD
02-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I sold my car and have my intake for sale. The tabs are all intact, the filter looks to be in good condition (to my eye). I am asking $500 + shipping.

Vas
02-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Wish I could afford this but not at this moment

Glws

NorCalZman
02-05-2014, 05:25 PM
few questions:

1) notice a difference in drivability with it?
2) it doesn't take an oiled filter, correct? Where does one get these filters, as in what brand? I heard the filters are not available from BMW any longer
3) Everything needed for install is in the pic right (any instructions included?, etc)? Just unscrew the old one and screw in the one one?

MiniD
02-05-2014, 05:29 PM
few questions:

2) it doesn't take an oiled filter, correct? Where does one get these filters, as in what brand? I heard the filters are not available from BMW any longer
3) Everything needed for install is in the pic right (any instructions included?, etc)? Just unscrew the old one and screw in the one one?

You can definitely feel a slight gain on the ol' butt dyno. It's not as loud as an AFE, ECIS, etc., but it looks much better, imo.

Not sure about where to get a filter. Never had to replace it.

No instructions. Just plug and play. Very similar to OEM ZHP intake.

johnrando
02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
My .02
1) slightly btr sound, slightly btr response. +10 HP which you don't 'really' feel by itself, but it helps. There is a difference. Bmw under-rates this at +3 to +7 HP IIRC.
2) dry filters. We hv a thread on replacements. Mann ones work iirc
3) straightforward install
4) you didn't ask, but def improves engine bling
5) to me, it's worth it depending on the price.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

NorCalZman
02-05-2014, 05:40 PM
You can definitely feel a slight gain on the ol' butt dyno. It's not as loud as an AFE, ECIS, etc., but it looks much better, imo.

Not sure about where to get a filter. Never had to replace it.

No instructions. Just plug and play. Very similar to OEM ZHP intake.

Thanks! Looks like replacement filters are around 60 dollars. How many miles have you been running that filter? if more than 15k I think it'll need to be changed since its simply a dry filter.

MiniD
02-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks! Looks like replacement filters are around 60 dollars. How many miles have you been running that filter? if more than 15k I think it'll need to be changed since its simply a dry filter.

I had the car for like 9k miles. Not sure when/if the filter was replaced by PO.

ELCID86
02-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Good price on a nice PAI. I like the sound of mine. Pretty sure the filter thread has some cheaper options for replacements filters.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

MiniD
02-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Sold.

ELCID86
02-05-2014, 06:14 PM
That was fast. Congrats!

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

JKO_ZHP
02-05-2014, 06:33 PM
few questions:

2) The Napa Gold 6253 AND 6301 both fit the BMW Performance intake for the E46. I mistakenly bought one over the other once but can confirm that both filters fit perfectly.
Both have a wire mesh behind them, but it does not hinder the intake's performance.

johnrando
02-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Congrats.

stephenkirsh
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
My .02
1) slightly btr sound, slightly btr response. +10 HP which you don't 'really' feel by itself, but it helps. There is a difference. Bmw under-rates this at +3 to +7 HP IIRC.
2) dry filters. We hv a thread on replacements. Mann ones work iirc
3) straightforward install
4) you didn't ask, but def improves engine bling
5) to me, it's worth it depending on the price.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Most people say intakes don't really give any extra power in an e46 p their own but you think this gives 10+?

Do you know where you got that info?

johnrando
02-06-2014, 09:10 AM
I've read it in a few places over the years. Can't tell you exactly and I don't know who initially proved it, but that's the common thought around this intake. Wouldn't shock me if it wasn't true, but no one has stepped up to prove it otherwise.

NorCalZman
02-06-2014, 09:48 AM
I've read it in a few places over the years. Can't tell you exactly and I don't know who initially proved it, but that's the common thought around this intake. Wouldn't shock me if it wasn't true, but no one has stepped up to prove it otherwise.

Someone has had to do a dyno comparison and posted on here, e46fanatics, or bimmerforums. Let the hunt for the proof begin!

NorCalZman
02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
and here is the proof: http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507315

danewilson77
02-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Looks like 6.5 Hp.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wsmeyer
02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
and here is the proof: http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507315

I'm going with +3hp from the intake and 3hp lost to a dirty air filter in the stock.

My butt barely felt any difference but it looks cool and sounds a little more aggressive under full throttle.

NorCalZman
02-06-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm going with +3hp from the intake and 3hp lost to a dirty air filter in the stock.

My butt barely felt any difference but it looks cool and sounds a little more aggressive under full throttle.

I JUST put a clean air filter into my stock box a few days ago. Maybe I should go get a baseline and then swap out and do it again.

How much are dyno runs?

johnrando
02-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Not worth it for just an intake/filter. I think a standard price is $150, but I've seen for $75, and I've seen higher. That intake/filter combo isn't really about HP anyway. It looks good, your throttle response is slightly better, it sounds slightly better. 6.5 or 10 HP isn't enough of a difference to really be concerned IMHO.