PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Atlanta, GA area

Bird-Dog
01-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Very happy new member registrations opened up. I've been lurking quite a while.

Sold my '01 325Cic I'd owned for 8-years last September ('13) and upgraded to a ZHP.

2004 330Cic ZHP
67,000 miles (at purchase)
Orient Blue w/ Natural Brown interior
Steptronic
Bi-Xenons
Heated Seats

Would certainly prefer 6MT, but wife can't drive stick. Drives beautifully regardless. The only immediate need when I bought it was control arms that were replaced ASAP. Cooling system refresh, fuel filter, and fluid changes for A/T & diff planned for Spring. Came to me with Dinan engine upgrades and I recently added a couple of other bits.

Dinan Hi-Flow Throttle Body, Long-tube CAI, Stage-3 engine software (installed by dealership when new)
Dinan A/T software and Front Strut brace (added since purchase)
Dice Mediabridge, deck lip spoiler, Hoen Xenonmatch fog bulbs (recent additions)

Bird-Dog = Atlanta Falcons (bird) & Georgia Bulldogs (dog)

brettbimmer
01-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the mafia! Beautiful ZHP vert!

Just curious, did you find this car locally?

Avetiso
01-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Welcome! Car is looking very nice.

QC_ZHP
01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Welcome, nice car. Glad to see more SE members

fredo
01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Welcome sir ! Glad you joined us.

ELCID86
01-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Love that color combo! Welcome.

johnrando
01-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Welcome bird-dog. Great looking car. No need to apologize for AT around here. BTW, do you have the paddle shift mod? It goes well with the Dinan STEP s/w and makes the car much more fun to drive. There is a DIY here on the site, and I did mine, it's actually a very straightforward mod. EDIT: Also, which spoiler did you go with? I went with OEM, which ever so slightly sticks out but not really noticeable. (Not shown in my sig pic).

illirep
01-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Welcome. Nice vert!

Bird-Dog
01-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the mafia! Beautiful ZHP vert!

Just curious, did you find this car locally?
Thank you... and thanks to all for the kind comments!

I spotted the car for sale in Asheboro NC. Drove up from Atlanta to buy it and discovered in the paperwork that it was originally sold by Global Imports here in Metro Atlanta. Had a great homecoming together!

Bird-Dog
01-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Welcome bird-dog. Great looking car. No need to apologize for AT around here. BTW, do you have the paddle shift mod? It goes well with the Dinan STEP s/w and makes the car much more fun to drive. There is a DIY here on the site, and I did mine, it's actually a very straightforward mod. EDIT: Also, which spoiler did you go with? I went with OEM, which ever so slightly sticks out but not really noticeable. (Not shown in my sig pic).
Hi John - We've met, so to speak, on other forums. Nice to see you here!

No paddles yet, though certainly I would enjoy having them. Alas, there's a bit of a list ahead of them.

Long story short, I was originally hoping to find a late-'05 or an '06 with the perforated leather steering wheel. This car was just too spot-on to pass up for such a minor wish-list item. I'd thought about selling the Alcantara wheel. It's still in very good shape. But, now I'm not sure if there's a viable market for it or not, particularly at a price that would justify making a change. I was under the impression most consider it desirable and have since gotten to like it okay. But was reading the "What don't you like about your ZHP" thread last night and noticed several mention it as a "don't like". Paddle wheel upgrade would hinge, for the foreseeable future, on getting fair value out of this one.

As a side note, my '01 was an A/T too. It shifted opposite of this one in "manual". So, shifting the '04 has taken a little getting used to after 8-years in the 325. After only 4-months with the ZHP, it's still not quite instinctive. Paddles would probably help that situation a lot.

MiniD
01-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Go Vols! Nice car!

johnrando
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Hey. Good to see you made it over. I do think there is a market for it, but it's really a love it/hate it thing which is I think what you're seeing on that thread. Besides, once you got the M wheel, you could re-wrap it leather or alcantara. As you said, that's down the line though, potentially. Keep us posted, and let me know if you need any help/advice.

danewilson77
01-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Welcome

Bird-Dog
01-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Go Vols! Nice car!
Thanks! My dentist is a UT grad. He makes sure to hurt me whenever Uga and Smokey get in a tussle :)

Bird-Dog
01-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey. Good to see you made it over. I do think there is a market for it, but it's really a love it/hate it thing which is I think what you're seeing on that thread. Besides, once you got the M wheel, you could re-wrap it leather or alcantara. As you said, that's down the line though, potentially. Keep us posted, and let me know if you need any help/advice.
I am getting used to the Alcantara. But, I still prefer leather on leather for grip... and, oooh, those perforated cattle hides look sublime!

oldzilla
01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome, nice ZHP, love the interior color.

jakksfor20
01-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Welcome fellow ATLien!!!! Great looking car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torxuvin
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome. Good to see some more ATL people. Love the color combo.

ranger
01-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Welcome - Go Jackets!

kayger12
01-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Welcome!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk