PDA

View Full Version : FS: e46 Center Support Bearing assembly

Lanister
12-23-2013, 11:45 PM
I have a brand new BMW OEM center support bearing (CSB) complete assembly. I got it before I decided to have my whole driveshaft re-manufactured, which included a brand new CSB. As a result, I have an extra CSB that I no longer have any use for. I got it from ECS for $74.46

Part #: 26127501257
Link: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES48620/

If your car is anywhere over 100k and it's never been changed, it is likely nearly there. The problem that happens most of the time is the rubber housing around the bearing dries up and cracks, leaving the driveshaft to flop around freely--causing weird vibrations and noises. At 92k, mine was fairly close to failure as the rubber was starting to crack around the perimeter of the bearing. If you're changing out your guibo, this is a good time to replace the CSB as well.

Shoot me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

cakM3
12-24-2013, 08:45 AM
I might be interesed in this Giya....I'll send you a PM sir :thumbsup

Lanister
12-27-2013, 01:24 AM
A bit more info on the CSB as well as some pics. The CSB was on my driveshaft for less than 100 miles. I was hoping it would solve the vibration under acceleration issue but it wasn't the problem, as it turned out. Regardless, I was going to keep it on but the driveshaft re-manufacturing shop I dealt with has a rule that they would only guarantee their work for 1 year/unlimited miles as long as they supplied all the moving parts. So even though I had just installed a brand new BMW OEM CSB, it had to come off. I've inspected it very closely and it looks just as it did when I took it out of the original packaging. The white film around the rubber housing is a protective layer of some type of grease.

Save yourself a few bucks and get a top shelf CSB.

$55 shipped.

Lanister
01-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Bump for a Genuine BMW part.

Lanister
01-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Another bump :)

Lanister
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Bump. Good BMW product. Still available.