PDA

View Full Version : New Member- Cleveland, Ohio

Smitten04_330i
12-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Good Evening Mafia Members,

My name is Brian and I am proud to call myself the owner of a Titanium Silver '04 ZHP!

I have had my eyes on this particular car since the previous owner brought it home from the dealer! I was 15 at the time and all I knew was that this car had awesome wheels and looked great in his driveway!

Meanwhile, as years passed I became wiser and I learned how great BMW's were, and how at that point I could never afford one!

9 years, an '02 Volvo S60 and much yearning later my neighbor was finally ready to sell! I was not in a position to buy another car, but I could not resist. I wanted a piece of the Ultimate Driving Machine.

In the weeks leading up to the purchase is when I discovered the ZHP Mafia. I learned all about the Performance Package and how unique this car is. I spent hours reading about maintenance procedures, mods, and common problems. The suspense was killing me.

In summary, I am completely Smitten by my ZHP. I am looking forward to a long and content life with her. I am also thankful for the Mafia and the wealth of knowledge this site possesses!

The Specs:
- 2004 330i ZHP
- 136,000 Miles
- Titanium Silver
- Black Leather, Alcantara Wheel
- Black Cube Trim
- 4x Pilot Super Sports
- 4x BMW Winer Wheels and Tires

The previous owner is a BMW enthusiast as well, and he took great care of the car. Right now the car is completely stock, and I don't think I have plans to keep it that way. I have a list of mods I would like to preform but I am on the fence as to upgrade with BMW Performance parts or After Market.

The first thing I did was restore the headlights, they turned out great thanks to a post on The Mafia!

In the Future:
-Angel Eyes
- Intake
- VANOS
- Exhaust
- Tint
- Blackout Grill
- LED Smoked Side Indicators
- Tune

Looking forward to conversing with you all!

Brian

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab329/meessbd1/IMG_0576_zps0adc7134.jpg (http://s876.photobucket.com/user/meessbd1/media/IMG_0576_zps0adc7134.jpg.html)

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab329/meessbd1/IMG_0691_zps071c4e68.jpg (http://s876.photobucket.com/user/meessbd1/media/IMG_0691_zps071c4e68.jpg.html)

kayger12
12-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Great intro. Beautiful car.

Welcome to the family.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

fredo
12-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Welcome, Brian ! You will like this forum. And your car looks great.

Avetiso
12-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Nice catch! Welcome in.

ELCID86
12-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Willkommen. Glad to have you.

danewilson77
12-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Great intro. Beautiful car.

Welcome to the family.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

+1

Good seeing you around.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Oli77
12-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Wise man, wise car!

3ZHP
12-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Welcome Brian, nice car and intro.

I lived in northern Lorain Co. until the spring before last. If your interested in tracking your car the Northern Ohio BMWCCA chapter holds 2 or 3 driving schools per year ant Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges road Course. If your not sure, keep an eye on their calendar and head out to the track on one of the driving school weekends. Spectator admission is Free and you'll meet many BMW enthusiasts. If your are interested in Auto Cross, there's a group that runs at Lake County Community College and the old Geauga lake. M0nk3y's on this forum is very active. And, if your into shows, the northern Ohio Porsche club puts on an excellent all German auto show in the middle of September at Donauschwaben in Olmsted Township.

Good luck and happy driving.

Vas
12-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the mafia.

M0nk3y
12-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Welcome! I live in Cuyahoga Suburbs...

In addition to BMWCCA, PCA, SCCA, and NASA all do track events at Mid-Ohio and surrounding tracks. I run with NASA....they have a volunteer programs where you can gain free track time. I'm currently in HPDE2, and cannot accept passengers until HPDE3, but by the end of next year you should tag along and have some fun if I progress to HPDE3 and you can ride along

The Geauga Lake lot is awesome...but this past year it was put on hold with some issues, the group, NORA should have events going on this upcoming year...hopefully. They are a group that separated off of Northern Ohio SCCA when they refused to do autocrosses and basically threw it out of their program.

Northern Ohio now starts to do them at Lake Community but the lot is small, degrading, and they cannot run a good event...IMO.

Regardless, during warm weather there is Cars and Coffee and the Starbucks off of Transportation and 480. You'll see me there most likely.

Until then, Welcome!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

QC_ZHP
12-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Car looks great. Nice pickup

imola red zhp
12-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the family

Don Adolfo
12-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Nice ride. Benvenutto a la famiglia.

Lanister
12-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome, Brian!

Sent from outer space...

danewilson77
12-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Brian?

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Smitten04_330i
12-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks Everyone!

It seems there are a number of Mafia members in the Northeast Ohio area!

I am definitely interested in taking my car to the track, but I will need some track driving lessons first. I know that Nelson Ledges has what they call "FunDays" where anyone can take any car...including minivans out to the track. You go around a couple times with a professional driver and then they turn you loose. I will most likely try that first once the weather gets nicer. I am also going to look into the Northern Ohio BMWCCA driving school! I have been to PittRace in Wampum, PA to go karting, which is a blast. They also have a car track which has a few nice turns.

In the mean time I have been looking for some twisties to have some fun on in the Cleveland area, anyone know of some good roads?

Right now, the BMW is my daily driver and it is killing me to drive it in the salt and brine they have around here. I am in the market for a winter beater, potentially a truck. I have been browsing The Craigslist but have not found anything ideal yet.

Thanks for the info guys!

M0nk3y
12-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd avoid Nelson Ledges...historical track but I would never run there unless they address run-off areas and completely repave the track.

BMWCCA, PCA, as well as SCCA and NASA all have full-time, dedicated instructors with you during your first couple times out. For example, NASA's instructors are people who participate in either Time Trials, or wheel to wheel racing. They really know their stuff.

NASA Midwest revamped their schedule, and will actually visit Pitt Race this year.

As far as twisty roads, nothing respectable until you get out of the city. Too many cops and traffic.

WolfBMW
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome, nice car!

johnrando
12-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Welcome. Congrats on being patient, stalking, and bringing home your catch! :)

WOLFN8TR
12-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Welcome Brian....I'm originally from Youngstown Ohio.

Nice looking ZHP! Cool how you aquired it after all those years of drooling over it. Enjoy!

jsfbmw
12-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Welcome. Congratulations on your find. Can't go wrong with TiAg.

Imola.ZHP
12-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Welcome! Awesome intro, you definitely belong here!

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Welcome.