PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Monday Specials and Deals @ DetailersDomain.com

DetailersDomain
12-02-2013, 06:42 AM
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/detailersdomain/website/banners%20-%20specials/cybermonday_site_zps6d1e7d01.jpg (https://detailersdomain.com/CYBER-MONDAY_c_235.html)

Information on our Cyber Monday Special.

1. 10% off over $50 – Promo Code Cyber10
2. 15% off over $100 – Promo Code Cyber15
3. 20% off over $200 – Promo Code Cyber20
4. Flat Rate Shipping of $8.88 on all orders over $50.00 (CONUS)
5. Free Shipping on orders over $150.00 (CONUS)
6. Promo ends 12/2/13 Midnight PST
7. Sorry we can’t combine these offers and won’t be able to credit any orders before this special.
8. Orders will start shipping on 12/3/13
9. Restrictions: Rupes and Flex Polishers

To start shopping click here (https://detailersdomain.com/CYBER-MONDAY_c_235.html)

johnrando
12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks. Made a purchase today.

DetailersDomain
12-03-2013, 05:01 AM
thank you.

LivesNearCostco
12-03-2013, 11:45 AM
I was so close to buying a DetailersDomain buffer package last night to take advantage of the Cyber Monday deal. Question about buffer sizes... if I buy a Griot's Garage random orbital, is it better to go with the 6" or 3" one? Obviously doing the roof, hood and trunk is going to be easier with the 6", but wondering if it's easier to do the side panels with the 3" one. And if I get the 6" one (or the Porter Cable), does it matter if I'm using the 5.5" or 6.5" pads? If I get a GG package with the 5" backing plate, does it still include the Griot's 6" backing plate?

DetailersDomain
12-03-2013, 12:03 PM
pick up the 6 inch, we ship it out with the both the 5 inch and 6 inch.

Vas
12-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Placed and order and sent you an email.

DetailersDomain
12-03-2013, 12:32 PM
email sent back.

LivesNearCostco
12-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Phil, thanks. Since I missed the black Friday deal I'm not as rushed now. I'm quite new to detailing, other than watching a paint correction demo once by an expert down in San Diego (set up by our Mafia don). Once I polish the paint, I'm thinking sealant, or sealant then wax on top, since I'm not the kind of guy who is likely to wax it frequently. And the car is parked outside, occasionally under trees. This morning the roof and trunk lid were frosted over! Silver metallic paint. I can see myself re-applying sealant (or wax) every 6 months, possibly as often as every 3 months if needed.

Edit1: I should add that while I like a good reflective shine, longevity and paint protection are more important to me than getting the deepest shine. As well as stopping those black rubber marble marks and bugs from sticking to the paint! And I'm willing to wax on top of the sealant if needed (maybe seal every 6 months, wax every 3 months?).

Edit2: Also interested in polishing and sealing paint on wheels. Maybe I can't use the orbital on the wheel spokes, but would like to try it on the inside of the wheel barrel and then seal or wax that paint to prevent brake dust from sticking to it.

I see you sell Adam's, Menzerna, Auto Finesse, Wolff's, OptiShield, and Sonax Polymer Netshield. Beyond that there is obviously the Griot's paint sealer. On other sites I see Blackfire, Klasse, Dodo Juice, Chemical Brothers, and more. Out of your sealants, which would you recommend for the novice car detailer?

MiniD
12-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Phil, thanks. Since I missed the black Friday deal I'm not as rushed now. I'm quite new to detailing, other than watching a paint correction demo once by an expert down in San Diego (set up by our Mafia don). Once I polish the paint, I'm thinking sealant, or sealant then wax on top, since I'm not the kind of guy who is likely to wax it frequently. And the car is parked outside, occasionally under trees. This morning the roof and trunk lid were frosted over! Silver metallic paint. I can see myself re-applying sealant (or wax) every 6 months, possibly as often as every 3 months if needed.

I see you sell Adam's, Menzerna, Auto Finesse, Wolff's, OptiShield, and Sonax Polymer Netshield. Beyond that there is obviously the Griot's paint sealer. On other sites I see Blackfire, Klasse, Dodo Juice, Chemical Brothers, and more. Out of your sealants, which would you recommend for the novice car detailer?

I see Phil using Sonax PNS (Net Shield) a lot via his Facebook posts. I got into detailing around this time last year and the first sealant I chose was the Sonax PNS. I still use it to this day. Very simple to use and the results are great.

LivesNearCostco
12-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks, MiniD. I just read the entire "Ask Detailer's Domain" thread and saw his advice that light colored cars look better with sealants and dark colored cars with waxes, and that he generally likes Menzerma and Sonax sealants and polishes.

DetailersDomain
12-05-2013, 03:54 PM

Edit1: I should add that while I like a good reflective shine, longevity and paint protection are more important to me than getting the deepest shine. As well as stopping those black rubber marble marks and bugs from sticking to the paint! And I'm willing to wax on top of the sealant if needed (maybe seal every 6 months, wax every 3 months?).

Edit2: Also interested in polishing and sealing paint on wheels. Maybe I can't use the orbital on the wheel spokes, but would like to try it on the inside of the wheel barrel and then seal or wax that paint to prevent brake dust from sticking to it.

For something durable I really like Sonax Polymer Net Shield. It looks good and last long.
There are other solid ones Menzerna Power Lock, Auto Finesse Tough Coat.

The above should last 3-6 months, to prolong the life of your sealants or waxes its good to use a detail spray /spray wax after you wash your car.

Cleaning and sealing your wheels is also a great idea. Pull them off clean them do a light polish and seal or even coat them. It will be much easier to clean the wheels over time.

LivesNearCostco
12-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I could have sworn I saw Phil posted a reply to me here in post #11, but whenever I go to the thread, I don't see it. In fact my posts skip from 10 to 12.

DetailersDomain
12-05-2013, 08:24 PM
here it is again.. ;)

For something durable I really like Sonax Polymer Net Shield. It looks good and last long.
There are other solid ones Menzerna Power Lock, Auto Finesse Tough Coat.

The above should last 3-6 months, to prolong the life of your sealants or waxes its good to use a detail spray /spray wax after you wash your car.

Cleaning and sealing your wheels is also a great idea. Pull them off clean them do a light polish and seal or even coat them. It will be much easier to clean the wheels over time.

LivesNearCostco
12-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks, Phil! I placed an order late last night, including the Menzerna Power Lock and some Waxmate pads to apply the polish, plus Sonax full effect (with some glass cleaner) and Aerospace protectant to use on my seat belts. The Sonax PNS sounds like the easiest sealant to use but I try not to use too many spray aerosols if I don't have to.

This morning I have "reverse buyer's regret" -- instead of regretting the order, I wish I'd ordered more stuff to take advantage of your great flat-rate shipping price. I probably need some more buffing pads, maybe your Uber foam 5-pack and a buffing pad or two and some basic wax. I'll call or email to see if I can add to the order.

DetailersDomain
12-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks, Phil! I placed an order late last night, including the Menzerna Power Lock and some Waxmate pads to apply the polish, plus Sonax full effect (with some glass cleaner) and Aerospace protectant to use on my seat belts. The Sonax PNS sounds like the easiest sealant to use but I try not to use too many spray aerosols if I don't have to.

This morning I have "reverse buyer's regret" -- instead of regretting the order, I wish I'd ordered more stuff to take advantage of your great flat-rate shipping price. I probably need some more buffing pads, maybe your Uber foam 5-pack and a buffing pad or two and some basic wax. I'll call or email to see if I can add to the order.

sorry I have limited access to emails and the phone till next week the 15th.

I just saw this now.