PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing armor all (interior)

Newjack
11-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Long story short, my car was cleaned with some kind of armor-all style wipe. The leather seats are really really slippery smooth and have a weird greasy feel to them but nothing is on my hands. Its also on the head unit as well as the floor mat. I want to get it off.

I tried quickly using a wash cloth with warm water only and wiping everything down. It helped a little bit but not much. (It was raining outside and I didn't have a lot of time before work)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove this weird greasy texture from my interior? I'll probably go at it again with some warm soapy water hoping the soap will cut through. Is there a product that would work better than soapy water?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hornung418
11-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Magic eraser?

Sent from my GS3.

Newjack
11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Magic eraser?

Sent from my GS3.

That's a good suggestion I could try that. That might be a little too abrasive I dont know.

Hornung418
11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Just do the original one. Should work fine for interiors.

Sent from my GS3.

ELCID86
11-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Perhaps Phil at Detailers Domain has a suggestion.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1).

wertyu78
11-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Woolite + hot water and a few microfiber towels.

Sent from my iPhone

Avetiso
11-27-2013, 10:02 PM
I had a similar issue in my last ZHP. Never figured it out.

brettbimmer
11-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Armorall is petroleum based, so I would suggest the warm soapy water & microfiber towel(s). If they used 303 Aerospace Protectant, that is actually citrus-based, but I would expect that this would still work. I have some Griot's Garage interior cleaner, but doubt it would be strong enough.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Newjack
11-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully it won't be raining this weekend when I bust out the microfiber towels and soapy water.

iZHP
11-28-2013, 05:37 PM
I've used windex to remove grease like that. Sprayed on a damp towel, only on the dash and rubbers, not leather. Probably not something recommended by detailers, but it never hurt anything, and I've used it in multiple cars. The towel will turn black when you're done.

3ZHP
11-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Dawn dish washing soap, it's about the strongest soap you'll find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

M0nk3y
11-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Any APC product. I use Meguiars D104 APC+ and it works wonders at multiple dilutions

Newjack
11-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Any APC product. I use Meguiars D104 APC+ and it works wonders at multiple dilutions

Oh man that's a really good idea. I got a sample APC cleaner from detailers domain a really long time ago. I think its sitting in my desk. (I had to Google what APC meant). A little warm water and that APC should cut right through the stuff. Hopefully its still as potent even though it's old (and unopened).

M0nk3y
11-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh man that's a really good idea. I got a sample APC cleaner from detailers domain a really long time ago. I think its sitting in my desk. (I had to Google what APC meant). A little warm water and that APC should cut right through the stuff. Hopefully its still as potent even though it's old (and unopened).

Should be fine. Directions should be on there for dilution. It has always worked for me with removing and cleaning interior grime

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

dabrybry
01-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Glass cleaner. Especially if you can get the foaming type. That + microfiber rag should do it

E_Rak
01-23-2014, 08:41 AM

This, an all purpose cleaner or gentle degreaser is your best bet.

LivesNearCostco
01-23-2014, 10:00 PM
I was reading about detailing on Autogeek.net around Christmas time and it took me a little while to figure out what APC meant, because in the past to me that always meant Armored Personnel Carrier.

jakksfor20
01-24-2014, 06:32 AM
To me it's a brand of UPS............... No not United Parcel Service. Uninterruptible Power Supply. I prefer Liebert, but I am partial to them, being a sister company and all.

az3579
01-25-2014, 06:38 PM
To me it's a brand of UPS............... No not United Parcel Service. Uninterruptible Power Supply. I prefer Liebert, but I am partial to them, being a sister company and all.

LMAO. This is EXACTLY what I thought when I first read APC. :rofl