PDA

View Full Version : New intake boots fitment

Lanister
11-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Over the weekend, I've installed the new upper and lower intake boots. While they came together nicely, I found that I had to give them a bit of a stretch (1/2 an inch maybe) to fit the upper boot over the MAF. Because of the harmonica-like shape of the lower boot, I figured that it is designed to be stretched to a small degree, which gave me the confidence to proceed. Now that it's done, I wanted to see if you guys had a similar experience or perhaps I should go back in and fiddle with the lower boot to make sure it doesn't provoke any stretching.

danewilson77
11-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Yes. Similar. Either stretch or squish.
If anything, I would say stretch implies the lower boot is seated too much, no?

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Lanister
11-26-2013, 02:55 PM
The lower boot tends to hit a ridge when it's seated all the way, thus it's hard to go beyond it. You can feel the ridge meeting the rubber edge with your hands and see it from the inside of the boot. So it's a bit unlikely that it's the case.

There is, however, a range of motion where the lower boot can rotate around the throttle body, which would most certainly alter the end position of the upper boot. That's what I though I could fiddle with. Perhaps next time I'm down there :)

echo46
11-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Yes, I agree, just make sure they are seated properly or you could have a slight vacuum leak.