PDA

View Full Version : Dynavin NAV Question

MiniD
11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I recently traded Bill (Illrep) my Performance Strut Bar for his D99+.

I installed the Dynavin today and all went fairly smooth besides screwing up my silver cube above the Dynavin.

I followed the directions for the NAV install and all was fine. The GPS worked fine in my garage, but about an hour later, while driving, the GPS kept saying 'trying to find signal'. It has done this all afternoon after working fine.

Anyone have any ideas before I take it back out and see if the GPS antenna fell off my mounting spot?

ELCID86
11-22-2013, 06:51 PM
That would be my guess, though I don't know much about these. I think there is quite a bit of traffic on e46f about it

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1).

coby1
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
check over on fanatics(too much info over there lol)mine does the signal lost only in one area of my normal travel (always the same place) so just a trees/hills type thing but the way the magnet/antenna grabbed the frame when i installed it i would think it would not come off unless maybe while while you were cramming the wire harness in you knocked if off in some way

MiniD
11-22-2013, 07:37 PM
I messed with it all evening. The GPS antenna didn't fall of the cross bar in the dash.

I did put the antenna on the top of my car just for kicks to see if it would fire up and it did. I would rather keep the antenna in the dash instead of going through the headboard.

It's just strange that: A. I have it mounted in the same location the directions called for. B. It worked when I originally started the car up.

I'll be in the car a lot tomorrow so we'll see if it's a location issue although I can't see that being the issue as I live in a highly populated area.

ELCID86
11-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Glad you don't have to take it all out again. Is the antenna long enough to run to a shark fin on the rear roof as others have done?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2WNOmQntM

I bought a black one from Wyatt in case I end up with an Eonon HU. Still have it.

Stu
11-25-2013, 07:02 AM
+1 on trying to get it into the shark fin. Hopefully it's not too hard to do.

I've always had trouble with GPS signal inside my car unless it was in the window.