PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Unicorns.....

JupiterBMW
11-09-2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911185

:drool x infinity

Avetiso
11-09-2013, 05:28 PM
GL. Looks great.

PirateZHP
11-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Damn, joop... That's sexy

With fingers touching the screen...

JupiterBMW
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys. I contacted the owner... I showed my wife pics of Fox Red, Bamboo beige, and Silver Novilio leather... She prefers the Fox Red... So, the initial green lights have been granted. :biggrin

PirateZHP
11-09-2013, 05:34 PM
She likes the red? You better keep her around!

az3579
11-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Are you making a move on this car??

JupiterBMW
11-09-2013, 05:54 PM
I got moves like Jagger!

Not yet, but we're having to decide what to do to replace the X3. This is a potential swap. If we replace the X3 with an M3, it has to be DCT because wife can't drive 3 pedals... But that's ok for me. This car and the ZHP in the stable? Can we say perfect?

PirateZHP
11-09-2013, 05:56 PM
What are you doing with the x3?

JupiterBMW
11-09-2013, 06:07 PM
What are you doing with the x3?

Not sure yet... We did the BMW Select finance, and our 2 years is coming up in February, so we'll have 3 options. Refinance and keep it, give it back and get into something else, or pay the balance due. So we're looking at trading it.

My wife said I could get whatever I wanted as long as the payment didn't go up much more (she allowed me to the next highest hundred dollar point) and of course it has to be an automatic so that she can drive it. I'm pretty sure DCT qualifies. :)

I looked at (briefly) a very nice CPO 2011 328i today which would be the amazingly affordable and smart decision, but the E90 M is my dream, and this is my chance to get it, potentially.

If we did get the 328i, the ZHP mod budget would go up quite a bit. Can you say ESS?

Hmmm decisions.

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) Pro. BOOM

wsmeyer
11-09-2013, 06:12 PM
I can say FUCK YEAH ESS!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

derbo
11-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm uber jealous here. Do et. Even if it means DCT..

Hornung418
11-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Teach her to drive a manual...problem solved. Life skills, Jon!!

Sent from my GS3.

az3579
11-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Jon,

IMO, the 328i would be a waste of time. Even if your mod budget goes up, we all know where your heart truly lies (Alpine White E90 M3 with the Bamboo or Fox Red interiors you mentioned). It's not worth it. Personally, I would either keep the X3 or trade it for the M3.

midlandtech
11-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Jon,

IMO, the 328i would be a waste of time. Even if your mod budget goes up, we all know where your heart truly lies (Alpine White E90 M3 with the Bamboo or Fox Red interiors you mentioned). It's not worth it. Personally, I would either keep the X3 or trade it for the M3.

Yup you've been lusting for this car for a while

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
11-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Ok, little bit of an update regarding my situation... The car in the original post is no longer for sale. Guy decided to keep it, and I can't blame him...

So, I started to check into cars a little more. My local dealer had a CPO 2011 328i in Tasman Green metallic... What a pretty color! Also, I spoke with my client advisor and told him of our options and to start looking out for a few cars that would be for us, whether its a 328i or an M3.

He called me back in 2 hours, with this... http://www.bramanmotorcars.com/used/BMW/2010-BMW-M3-6a5b224b0a0a00de0039529478d2087b.htm

So, now, what do I do? The pricing puts it at the top of the budget, but I also see that it is a great opportunity to own a wonderful car, something I've been dying to have! I am still working on the details and crunching the numbers, but I'd love to have it. The question is, do I do it? What do you think of the car? It looks pretty well optioned... Tech, Premium, Nav, Premium Sound, Style 220M wheels... And of course, its a DCT car. I had them transfer it up to my dealer so that the lady and I can go check it out. We'll see how it looks tomorrow...

I want it so bad, but I don't want to jump into it if financially I can't make it comfortable.

So, what do you all think?

Vas
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Main question is it special?

JupiterBMW
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Well, its not a Competition Package (it would have to be a MY 2011) so its not PERFECT, but if it can't be Alpine White, I do adore this color combo...

I would welcome it into the family...

And let's be real, the stable would be pretty good with the ZHP and this M3 in the garage.

Torxuvin
11-11-2013, 06:11 PM
You still have a few months before your X3 decision needs to be made. Hold out for the color combo you really want. I personally like the interlagos blue, but you know how a light interior like that wears. It's the same color as the X3, right?

JupiterBMW
11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Cam- Honestly, I don't really care to 'hold out' for the Alpine White... I do adore the color, and I'd love to have a matched set, one ZHP and one ZCP, but that's super close to impossible. My second color choice would be Blue Water, but I don't think any were built in that color... Interlagos is probably the second most common color to Alpine White...

As for the interior, this is Silver Novillo leather... Our X3 is Oyster Nappa leather, so no, its different. Our X3 is essentially off-white interior, this is a lighter grey color...

Vas
11-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Personally I would wait and not jump the gun.

JupiterBMW
11-11-2013, 06:26 PM
VIN decoder shows that the car does not have a sunroof... Hmm, that turns me off quite a bit. If they can make the numbers amazing, I'd look past the sunroof, but I don't see that happening...

ELCID86
11-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't care for the interior color of the blue M linked above. Is it grey? Most of teh dove grey interiors I've seen start to wear and show dirt too easily (sorry).

az3579
11-11-2013, 07:37 PM
They never offered Blue Water Metallic on the M3's, so don't hold your breath on that one.
Personally, I don't like Interlagos, but that's just a matter of opinion. On a further note, any kind of grey interior doesn't usually do it for me, but on the M3 they color matched everything just right with the door panels and black carpets/dash. It looks pretty good, but it does show dirt too easily and can look aged prematurely if you don't clean it often. I'm still in the "hold out for what you want" camp, or at the very least come as close to what you want as possible. You'll have to decide what is the most important to you and start searching with that as a priority. I'm pretty sure having ZCP is very high on that list, so start with that. M3's are a dime a dozen, so you can pretty much choose whatever exterior color you want and get it. The interior is the hard part.

And once again... 328i is a waste of time. You're going to hate driving it.

JupiterBMW
11-11-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't care for the interior color of the blue M linked above. Is it grey? Most of teh dove grey interiors I've seen start to wear and show dirt too easily (sorry).

It is "silver" Shawn. See my reply to Cam above. As for it being dirty, we've managed to keep the X3 clean for 2 years. And that leather is MUCH lighter.

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) Pro. BOOM

BCS_ZHP
11-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Joop,
What about a 535xi for the wife so she can drive it and you can mod the heck out of it??? I can picture your e9x version of Stuart's Wagone in FLA.

BTW, Stuart's wife had their son, Alex, this past Friday, a little early but mom & the future Bimmerhead are both doing fine. Obviously Stuart is a little preoccupied at the moment, he'll probably be absent a while.

E_Rak
11-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Hold out for what you absolutely want, you still have some time! I would imagine you are planning on having this m3 for quite some time and it's a sizeable financial decision.. make sure it's the one you want.

Sent from my oversized iPhone | HTC One