PDA

View Full Version : Like-new BMW performance intake - any interest?

BimmerRules!
10-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello,

I forgot to inquire about this three weeks back when I took this off my car.

* Purchased this new BMW performance intake from Bill last month.
* It has < 100 miles in it in the few weekends that I drove the car with it.
* Very light scratches on the side when my tech installed/removed it.
* All cliips are present and nothing is broken. (typing this at work; will upload pics later tonight or tomorrow.)
* Impact is awesome!!

Price: I got it for $600 but since I used it slightly, prepared to give it for $550 to a family member.

I am in no hurry to sell because I might end up keeping the zhp; if that happens, this beauty goes right back in. :)

Let me know. Thanks!

BavarianZHP
10-25-2013, 11:22 PM
A lot of people are interested (There was a WTB ad posted here not too long ago), including me. I'll check back in two weeks and if it's still for sale, I'll send you a PM. Unfortunately I cannot spare the cash atm. GLWS

JKO_ZHP
10-26-2013, 02:16 AM
$550 shipped? Or would you be willing to take a stock airbox plus cash? So that way, even if you keep your ZHP, you can have a factory ZHP intake in.

seabassx
10-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Do you have photos of the scuffs/scratches?

BimmerRules!
10-28-2013, 05:34 AM
$550 shipped? Or would you be willing to take a stock airbox plus cash? So that way, even if you keep your ZHP, you can have a factory ZHP intake in.

Thanks, but answer is no to both queries.

BimmerRules!
10-28-2013, 05:36 AM
Do you have photos of the scuffs/scratches?

Sorry, I was out the entire weekend and returned late last night. Will try to load some tonight once I get back home. Thanks,

BimmerRules!
10-28-2013, 05:39 AM
A lot of people are interested (There was a WTB ad posted here not too long ago), including me. I'll check back in two weeks and if it's still for sale, I'll send you a PM. Unfortunately I cannot spare the cash atm. GLWS

Sorry that I didn't look for those WTB threads including yours bud.

Didn't browse our site when I set this up last Fri from work.

BimmerRules!
10-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Pics but yucks! Not exactly the best shots!

I took them at different angles so that I capture all sides; unable to figure out how to rotate them once I uploaded them to the thread and as a result, looks strange.

The fourth pics shows the small scratches.

Thx,

ELCID86
10-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Looks very clean.

BimmerRules!
10-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Looks very clean.

Thanks! It is because I barely drove the car with it (most part of the miles was due to a 30+ trip back from Bill's home when I had gone to install it and another 40 mile trip to LI where my BMW tech removed it.) :)

BimmerRules!
11-12-2013, 06:53 AM

Completely unrelated query related to the mpg in your sig: is your commute mostly on the highway?

My mps shows between 23.6 and 24.2 but that's with mixed driving (60% h/way, 40% street). And I could have sworn that I saw that # as high as 24.8 with the performance intake but never seen it cross 25 in the three months I owned the car.

bullfrogs_M3
11-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Dangit!! I'm looking for one of these intakes! :( I would be all over this right now, but I just bought a steering wheel

danewilson77
11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Dangit!! I'm looking for one of these intakes! :( I would be all over this right now, but I just bought a steering wheel

Why? Everyone has one J.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

ryankokesh
11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Why? Everyone has one J.

Maybe he got the steering wheel delete option? It was even more rare than the sunroof delete...

danewilson77
11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
:rofl

bullfrogs_M3
11-12-2013, 04:33 PM
My hand keeps getting beat up on my current steering wheel.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1407522!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/pliers25n-1-web.jpg

Sorry Bimmerrules, didn't mean to derail your sale

Handwritten on my Moleskin notepad

danewilson77
11-12-2013, 04:40 PM
:facepalm

BimmerRules!
11-13-2013, 12:51 PM
My hand keeps getting beat up on my current steering wheel.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1407522!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/pliers25n-1-web.jpg

Sorry Bimmerrules, didn't mean to derail your sale

Handwritten on my Moleskin notepad

he-heh!

Don't feel bad, I love to laugh and this is a good one. :D

BimmerRules!
12-04-2013, 09:21 AM
FYI that I haven't put this intake back on as I originally planned to.

Still in my storage.

Please let me know if any of you are interested.

Thanks!

rvariverguy
12-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Comes complete with all parts?

BimmerRules!
01-13-2014, 05:21 AM
hi, sorry for the delay in getting back. I have been out of the country for the last two weeks, returning next.

to answer your query: yes, it is in its original condition with all its parts as I got it from Bill, one of our members.

Thanks,

BimmerRules!
01-20-2015, 06:36 AM
Ridiculous that it's now over a year and I didn't bother about this as it is in my storage. :(

I had packed it and put it away last Feb since there wasn't much interest from the family at that time and I didn't bother listing it on any other site.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in it.

IT IS IN THE EXACT SAME CONDTION THAT I LISTED IT. If you need more pictures, I will try to take some later this week (a bit crazy at work, sorry).

Thanks!

rvariverguy
01-20-2015, 06:48 AM
As luck would have it, I'm still interested. Do I get first dibs? Any extras included like filters?

BimmerRules!
01-21-2015, 07:06 AM
As luck would have it, I'm still interested. Do I get first dibs? Any extras included like filters?

Hi, sorry, I deleted your PMs and don't recollect the price you offered ($450?) that I had to say no. If that is the price you have in mind, then my answer is still no.

Regarding extras: this is the new piece I got from illirep and selling it as-is. I paid $600 for it and have to take a hit because I had it on my car for < 100 miles. I have nothing more to offer.

If you are wondering why I was selling it at that time: I had decided to sell the zhp (even listed it here) back then, and it was a simple decision to sell this new intake separately. However, I ended up keeping the zhp (lucky me!) because in addition to getting to love the zhp, I got a terrific offer on my e60 that made things a lot easy.

And in case you are wondering why I didn't install it back or list it earlier: The intake was already boxed-up and kept in storage. Had a lot of overseas travel last year and never got around putting it back or listing it again.

rvariverguy
01-21-2015, 10:24 AM
What do you have on your ZHP now, another cold air intake system?

This is an upgrade I keep meaning to do but something else always comes along. If you can do $525 shipped let me know. I can PayPal to you this week.

BimmerRules!
01-22-2015, 07:33 AM
Hi,

I have the stock intake system (as I intended to sell the car as stock).

Sent you a PM.

Thanks!

cakM3
01-22-2015, 07:40 AM
I've seen more of these come up for sale recently..... wondering if the Performance carbon fiber strut bars will come up next??? Never hurts to snag another for additional wall art ;)

TheFinanceGuy
01-22-2015, 07:52 AM
I've seen more of these come up for sale recently..... wondering if the Performance carbon fiber strut bars will come up next??? Never hurts to snag another for additional wall art ;)

Quit hogging them all Charlie!

cakM3
01-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Quit hogging them all Charlie!

Well you know what they say........"you snooze, you lose"

Don't give me a chance to snag another or it will accompany the one I now have as my wall decor ;)

Always good to have "spares" as these are no longer made....

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

danewilson77
01-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Always good to have "spares" as these are no longer made....

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

And they break.

"No flamesuit required"

BimmerRules!
02-13-2015, 09:22 AM
What do you have on your ZHP now, another cold air intake system?

This is an upgrade I keep meaning to do but something else always comes along. If you can do $525 shipped let me know. I can PayPal to you this week.

Not sure if you received my PM because I never heard back from you.

Heads-up that I driving down to VA (Sterling) tonight and will be there until Monday.

If you are interested, i can bring the intake with me and you can have a look at it before you decide.

Let me know.

oldzilla
02-17-2015, 05:29 PM
If the sale stalled out, I am interested.

BADCLOWN
02-18-2015, 12:26 AM
im interested as well but our talks haven't been productive to come towards and end result of "cash exchanging hands"