PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioning leather seats

DDub88
10-23-2013, 06:02 PM
So my driver side seat is getting the typical I'm 8 years old look. The bolsters are starting to get a bit worn and I usually wipe the leather down with Meguires leather product almost every two weeks or so when I do my detailing . What have some of you guys done to recondition or refresh your leather seats?

I've been keeping an eye out for some gently used seats to possibly replace it or seat cover but the covers just cover the issue and look tacky.

http://www.newgateonline.com/featured/elephant-leather-preserver-125gram-tin.html , I saw this being used on the show Fast n Loud and it looked amazing after but it seems like a bit much for my situation.

Avetiso
10-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Leatherique is a very popular choice.

JupiterBMW
10-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Hah! I just picked up Leatherique today, and I'll be trying it out next week as soon as I'm home. Heading up to PA for a wedding tomorrow…

I will be posting some before/after pics and a full review of Leatherique when I can.

Lanister
10-23-2013, 07:45 PM
I was told by letherique rejuvenatior is a bit smelly. Does the cleaner portion do the job of getting it all out? do you guys see any color fade on brighter color leather like gray or nb? Reason I ask is because the shop mentioned that some color will appear on the towel used to wipe off the rejuvinator.

ELCID86
10-24-2013, 02:50 AM
I've used Leatherique on tan quite successfully. Never had any color transfer (other than dirt--and I was amazed at how much came out). I plan to try on my NB once I have the car. Perhaps next week (or should I let Joop go first?!?)

M0nk3y
10-24-2013, 03:30 AM
Never had color transfer from black seats or tan. The product doesn't have a pungent smell, but it will stay around for a week or so.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

330blast
10-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Leatherique worked well on my 9 years old gray seat. It removed a LOT of dirt that other cleaner could not touch. I used a little brush after applying prestine cleaner. One application removed 80% of the dirt in the leather, cleaned up a dyed section (by who knows what). However, I did not quite get the amazing factor of removing cracks to almsot invisible. Mine are still visible, but I couldn feel the crack actually healed a bit, and don't feel as deep.

Sorry, I did not take the before picture. But no color was removed at all.

Glipton was recommended by others in online forums, and I tried it before Leatherique. I found the cleaning capability has no match to Leatherique.

ELCID86
10-24-2013, 11:57 AM
^ nice review. Thanks. Agree with M0nk3y that the smell isn't bad and does not last long. A spray bottle/head and brush do help.

Johal E32
10-24-2013, 08:17 PM
I like Leather Masters myself

I hear Gliptone can work wonders to. Some detailers prefer it over Leatherique, others love leatherique.

M0nk3y
10-25-2013, 04:17 PM
FYI: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1489-M0nk3y-Detailed-BMW-Z4M-Interior-Leatherique-Write-Up