PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2005 BMW 330i ZHP AT 87k (Sacramento, CA) - $14,500 OBO

Pip
10-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Please feel free to look at pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71101842@N08/sets/72157634997548919/

I'm putting up my 2005 ZHP sedan for sale because I've decided to move on to more horsepower. This was my first BMW and one of the best daily drivers I have ever had. Ok...the best daily driver I have ever had. Even after starting to drive my new car (to be announced in another thread) I still find myself driving the ZHP. In all honesty, I like the look of the sedan and I am sad to see it leave.

This car was bought with ~61,000 miles on it from BMW of Monrovia in Los Angeles. I am the third owner and have tried to improve upon what the previous owners had done (just minimal maintenance). I will be parting the car out this coming weekend unless I get a good enough offer to keep the mods.

Clean CarFax. I was able to get the full BMW dealer maintenance history for the car when purchasing.

You can go through my random pictures on Flickr here or look below.
Pros:
- Maintenance.
- Eurocharged tune for Steptronic Transmission.
- Lumbar support.
- Eibach Coilovers
- It is silver grey :)
- M3 Mirrors
- ATF change to keep the transmission fresh

Cons:
- Paint has scratches on the lower valence, one big chip on the rear passenger side door.
- Hood has a couple dings that look like the previous owner/some mechanic might have shut the hood to hard or something.
- Rear passenger inside door handle has been scuffed. It happened under the previous owner so probably luggage or something.
- There is minimal wear on the driver side bolster. Passenger looks great.

Now the pictures:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3682/10832092813_4fc2e03a40_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3796/10832102953_b51a34f780_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5534/10831786075_8bc879f116_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/10839478853_beb5b81603_c.jpg

This is the chip in the rear passenger door
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3832/10463267866_91354dab27_z.jpg

This is the wear/scratch on the rear passenger interior door.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3716/10463282784_b601f5f8c4_z.jpg

BavarianZHP
10-22-2013, 07:42 PM
:mob

Really devastated you're parting with the ZHP man... With that said, GLWS.

Avetiso
10-22-2013, 07:49 PM
:( Sad to see it go, Sean. GLWS.

I know you will enjoy the other vehicle, though.

Lanister
10-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Where were you 2 months ago, Sean? :)

MiniD
10-23-2013, 02:29 AM
One of my favorite cars on this site. G/L man!

ELCID86
10-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Very nice. GLWS

Pip
10-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks guys. It was sorta a last minute decision. This devilish thought had been in the back of my mind for a while. I'll have fun in my new car but after driving both for the past week I've realized the ZHP is one hell of a daily.

The auto transmission isn't for most on forums and hopefully someone will find that an auto suits their needs and the eurocharged/smg paddle upgrades add to the enjoyment for those days when they want to go on weekend drives. I know it did for me and I know auto was the right choice a couple years ago. Manual is my new choice but a couple things have change allowing me to go the manual route.

I need to look up how to diy Bluetooth because I'll probably strip it out of my new car and put it in the silver grey ZHP, include with sale, or part out for a forum member.

Also let me know how I'm priced because it has been a little while since I've looked into the ZHP market. I could certainly keep both but since I live a 5 min walk from work it is hard to justify when I won't be driving the cars as much.

Lanister
10-23-2013, 10:34 AM
I think your price is very fair.

Pip
10-24-2013, 08:51 PM
I just added some updated photos showing the interior, door chip, scratches on the lower valence and the scratch on the bumper from good ol' SF.

Dave1027
10-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Sean, I'm saddened by this news that you are selling or worse yet parting out your ZHP. Your car is too sweet to part out. Somebody should buy it.

Pip
10-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Sean, I'm saddened by this news that you are selling or worse yet parting out your ZHP. Your car is too sweet to part out. Somebody should buy it.

I'd be so happy to sell the car without having to part it out and let someone enjoy all the goodies I have on it. It is listed with the parts right now, but zero interest so far which can be expected I guess since it is higher than book and not OEM or stock. Modded cars just don't sell as well as stock cars. I'm even thinking of removing the SMG wheel which has added the overall fun of the car.

I have all stock parts which would be included in the sale. Either way, one person will be happy with a modded car or multiple mafia members will be happy with additional mods.

ELCID86
10-25-2013, 11:41 AM
PMd you about the SMG. :-)

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Vas
10-25-2013, 01:44 PM
If you ever decide to part with some items, I might be interested.

Otherwise GLWS. Looks like a nice car.

Pip
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Bump for lower price. Exhaust (sold), intake, and spacers (sold) off the car.

Pip
11-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Bump for new mafia price.

Car has Eibach coilovers, ///M3 mirrors, Eurocharged tune, and ///M3 leather wheel with ///M3 leather boot and e-brake handle.

The SMG wheel/clock spring, angel eyes, spacers, intake, and exhaust have been sold.

Lanister
11-13-2013, 07:35 PM
I'd be so happy to sell the car without having to part it out and let someone enjoy all the goodies I have on it. It is listed with the parts right now, but zero interest so far which can be expected I guess since it is higher than book and not OEM or stock. Modded cars just don't sell as well as stock cars. I'm even thinking of removing the SMG wheel which has added the overall fun of the car.

I have all stock parts which would be included in the sale. Either way, one person will be happy with a modded car or multiple mafia members will be happy with additional mods.

Sean, I would have been all over your car had it been up for sale in August. I ended up buying my zhp from a fellow zhp member, who also happened to be from Sacramento. :( What you have done to your ride is nearly everything I have on my to-do list. :)

Pip
11-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Bump.

Pip
11-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Vroom vroom. Hi mods can you please edit the title to match the price? Thanks!

BimmerRules!
12-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Free 'bump' for a nice car. :)

Can you compare your M3 and the zhp experiences in terms of handling/control and driving pleasure please?

I understand that the M is stick, a coupe, and obviously is more powerful. But curious whether the joy of driving it is similar to that of the zhp.

Since I have never driven one - and am smitten by it! :D - I am curious to know your opinion. :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

toddness
12-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I think you should keep it. The M will need maintenance, and you will need to go somewhere.....

Lanister
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I think you should keep it. The M will need maintenance, and you will need to go somewhere.....

+10

danewilson77
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Valid comment is valid.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Pip
12-03-2013, 05:33 PM

I continue to think about this. Low ball offers mean nothing to me since I don't need to get rid of the car and don't need the cash. The worst part of keeping the car is wanting to put it back to how it was :(

Pip
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Free 'bump' for a nice car. :)

Can you compare your M3 and the zhp experiences in terms of handling/control and driving pleasure please?

I understand that the M is stick, a coupe, and obviously is more powerful. But curious whether the joy of driving it is similar to that of the zhp.

Since I have never driven one - and am smitten by it! :D - I am curious to know your opinion. :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

Sure!

The ZHP and M are very similar to each other. They have the same interior etc, but at the same time the interior in the M is a step above the regular 3 series due to the premium leather and improved M seats. I actually really enjoy the M3 seats compared to the ZHP seats. I have lumbar and side bolster control which was a requirement in the M3 because I had lumbar in the ZHP. That is about where the differences end in the cabin.

My current suspension on the ZHP is slightly stiffer than the OEM ZHP suspension, but I honestly like it more than OEM because of the reduced body roll and performance feel when driving on weekends and on the Sacramento roads. I have not had any concerns with the suspension as a daily driver - it is stiff, but easily a daily setup. The M has ST coilovers (made by KW) and the dampening is a little softer on those which is good for a DD, but at the same time I find myself wanting a little stiffer due to the increased road feel with the Eibach's (ZHP suspension).

Steering and Handling (///M wins overall, but ZHP has fantastic steering feel):
The ZHP feels heavier in the front - steering wheel feels heavier and the turning requires more from me which I enjoy because it feels extremely solid and like every move I make with the wheel transfers to the road. The M has a slightly different steering rack and feels a little lighter, but still very heavy compared to other cars. However it is more twitchy and I could point and it would go. So overall the M is more balanced in terms of nimbleness and feel on the road, but the ZHP is a solid platform and incredible feel of the road with my current suspension.

Power (///M wins):
The stock ZHP is disappointing compared to the M from a power perspective. My ZHP with aFe intake, UUC TSE3 catback, and eurocharged tune felt much more powerful and throttle was more responsive/car felt like it was going to get up and go. Stock it is sluggish and slow even though it isn't really - I just compare it to the M now.

Daily (ZHP wins):
I drive the ZHP more than the M at the moment. The ZHP is my favorite daily driver because it is easy to hop in the car and head to the store, perfect amount of power for around town, doesn't draw too much attention, and has four doors. The M just wants to be driven at 8k RPMs and is slightly harder to drive like a normal person - not impossible, but not easy when you have the ability to hit 8k RPM.

Sound (ZHP wins with TSE3 compared to stock M3 exhaust):
The tone of the ZHP is perfect for me especially with the TSE3. I miss the TSE3 and I miss a deeper exhaust note. The M has a good tone, but not like the stock ZHP exhaust. That stock ZHP exhaust says hello quite nicely and is quiet for the remainder of the time allowing intake noise when romping on it. The M grumbles at hello like it is angry you haven't driven it in the past hour but starts to purr as you sit a while longer. As you romp on the M it starts a mountain lion like scream - almost like a mountain lion that stayed out partying all night and can't be bothered because of the hang over/tired vocal chords. The metallic rasp is almost intoxicating when you hit the powerband, but I could use a little more deepness and refinement in the sound.

Looks (The M wins for aggressive and classic with a couple mods. ZHP wins for timeless and that sedan body):
The ZHP has a fantastic look - elegant, refined, and timeless. The M is aggressive and hasn't aged poorly, but isn't as timeless with the front end - this is my opinion. I believe with two mods the M can easily become ten times better looking and be aggressive, elegant, and timeless. The CSL diffuser and SGT front lip change the overall look of the car and bring it up to date for under $1000.

In Summary if I could not own the M3 I would easily move to a manual ZHP and have the same setup as I did before with the eurocharged tune, aFe intake and TSE3 exhaust. This was a fantastic daily setup that loved weekend drives. I've had the chance to drive Audi S5, S4, and 335d in the past. I like the interior on the Audi and the exterior can look good with a drop and some properly spaced wheels, but overall the power of the ZHP and M3 make the e46 chassis such a wonderful choice. I liked the power of my friends S5, but the handling wasn't a BMW. The S4 was slightly disappointing but still had a great interior. Sorry for rambling.

BimmerRules!
12-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Splendid!! Thanks a lot for that wonderful comparison that neatly breaks it down under different categories.

And it was nice to read your thoughts on the other makes as well. I had an opportunity to take the Audi S5 recently but couldn't.

I need to earmark this thread just for your thoughts, so that I can refer it once I get closer to deciding on the M3. :)

Plus, want to try your mods but not sure because the roads in my area - both highways and local - are not that good. Since I already wince anytime my stock zhp hits a bump or hole, I am positive that my wince will turn into a grimace if I have a stiffer suspension.

Thanks again bud, and good luck! :)

derbo
12-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Sean,

I think a Brian Lu (local guy here) texted me about your car. I said to him, honest fella :) Hope you can make a deal. he drives a M56 325i SULEV right now and I think he needs an upgrade ;)

Pip
12-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Sean,

I think a Brian Lu (local guy here) texted me about your car. I said to him, honest fella :) Hope you can make a deal. he drives a M56 325i SULEV right now and I think he needs an upgrade ;)

Thanks Derek. He seemed like a nice guy but we just weren't in the same ball park.

Pip
12-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Sold.

ELCID86
12-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Congrats.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1).