PDA

View Full Version : Will a 1999 328i seat fit my ZHP

330blast
10-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi all,

I found a pretty decent used driver seat on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/251355455958?item=251355455958&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

The price looks good and the condition is close to mint (no rips, cracks, or even deep crease, just dirty). The seller says the donor car is a 1999 328i with 86K miles on it.

I tried oemparts.com and found that for 1999 328i, the seats asembly cannot be ordered as one piece. Not sure if it meant any compatability issues as the 330i can certainly get the whole assembly (at a whoppy $3K price tag).

Wonder if anyone has done some seat swapping can help.

thanks.

E_Rak
10-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Yes, they should fit perfectly fine.

az3579
10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes, but check to see if they are memory of if they're manual. I'm not sure if that wiring is different if it's powered between the pre- and post-facelift cars. I only bring that up because of the differences in wiring for something simple such as door mirrors being different between coupes/sedans, facelift/non-facelift, etc.

From the pic it looks to be powered. It would be worth researching to see if the connections/wiring are the same.

330blast
10-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Yes, but check to see if they are memory of if they're manual. I'm not sure if that wiring is different if it's powered between the pre- and post-facelift cars. I only bring that up because of the differences in wiring for something simple such as door mirrors being different between coupes/sedans, facelift/non-facelift, etc.

From the pic it looks to be powered. It would be worth researching to see if the connections/wiring are the same.

That is a great point. I did some research, and a couple of forum thread says the connectors are the same. I think I am covered.

Thanks all.

az3579
10-23-2013, 02:34 PM
That is a great point. I did some research, and a couple of forum thread says the connectors are the same. I think I am covered.

Thanks all.

Well then you got yourself a great deal! OEM seat covers are about 700 a piece just for a lower or an upper part. For the driver's seat you'd otherwise be looking at over $1200!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk