PDA

View Full Version : (SOLD) 04 Alpine White 330i 6MT

apridge
08-01-2013, 11:43 AM
SOLD.

I just listed our Alpine White Sedan, I figured I'd let you guys be the first to know.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/769460

The add is pretty basic and brief, but some things that might be beneficial for this audience to know...

This is our one of 5 ZHPs my family owns/has owned. We love these cars and take extremely good care of them. This car has been perfectly maintained. Miles are all freeway. All maintenance has been done immediately, and no expense has been spared for quality work. We have an extensive repair history that will come with the car.

The only reason we are selling is we are lacking garage space. We just picked up a 2013 Alpine white 335i with the M-sport package (its insane).

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the car. I see my email more often then I check back on these threads. aaron@insightexhibits.com

zhpnsnv
08-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Reasonable price. Beautiful car. This should sell quickly.

BavarianZHP
08-01-2013, 11:55 AM
GORGEOUS car:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95691461@N05/sets/72157634892994150

It also has ZCW (fold down rear seats, heated seats, and headlight washers). A mafia member has to pick this one up! GLWS.

trancenation
08-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Nice looking car! This should sell quickly as others have said. Yay for unicorns! Hope this goes to a good owner!

fredo
08-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Man, this one better stays in the family. GL !

Stigissimo
08-01-2013, 12:04 PM
We need to get eRak in here.

ELCID86
08-01-2013, 12:06 PM
I wish you were closer. GLWS. I took the liberty of adding your car to the zhp registry. Gotta keep count of the unicorns.

E_Rak
08-01-2013, 12:30 PM
:eyetwitch

BavarianZHP
08-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I'll give this car 2 days until it's sold. Any more and I will be utterly surprised! The only mods I see are the perforated leather steering wheel and leather shift boot... All good.

trancenation
08-01-2013, 12:46 PM
I'll give this car 2 days until it's sold. Any more and I will be utterly surprised! The only mods I see are the perforated leather steering wheel and leather shift boot... All good.

Forgot about the yellow fog light overlays!

JupiterBMW
08-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Great looking car. I'm sure you just killed all chances of me selling mine, but that's ok. Yours is a beautiful subject, personally I think its worth more than you have it listed for.

BavarianZHP
08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Agreed. You're gonna make one happy buyer - hopefully it's a Mafia member!

BimmerRules!
08-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Just spoke with Aaron and expressed great interest. He sounds like a really nice person.

Waiting for his feedback (its his dad's car) before I take the next steps.

Fingers crossed! :)

apridge
08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and support. The car sold in less than 24 hours to a member from New York. Glad its staying with a zhp worthy owner.

illirep
08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
What are the odds that one of the few days I'm not connected, driving down to Hilton Head, an alpine white gets listed and sold?!

May I ask what the asking price was? Congrats on the quick sale. Looks like a great example.

ELCID86
08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Congrats to you both.

ELCID86
08-02-2013, 09:01 AM
May I ask what the asking price was? .
Sure you want to know?? --- $12k.

E_Rak
08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Congrats! Super quick sale...

trancenation
08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Congrats on the sale!

BavarianZHP
08-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Congrats! I like it when everyone's happy.

BimmerRules!
08-02-2013, 09:50 AM
What are the odds that one of the few days I'm not connected, driving down to Hilton Head, an alpine white gets listed and sold?!

May I ask what the asking price was? Congrats on the quick sale. Looks like a great example.

I feel for you Bill and felt the same pang when I saw the listing this morning. Kicked myself for not checking the site last evening, otherwise the sale would have been completed yesterday.

But I guess I am lucky because Aaron told me this morning that he had multiple offers and hadn't sold it yet; I immediately pulled the trigger and wired the funds online, thanks to Aaron's quick responses.

Assuming no hiccups in the wire, it should go thru in a few hours and he's going to mail me the title. :)

I am still in a state of disbelief because I am yet to consider how to take delivery and didn't even bother about PPI because I had enough confidence that Aaron and his dad have taken excellent care of the car. That confidence came because he's a mafia member. So, a big thanks to our site for having such quality members and of course, bigger thanks because this site enabled me get a stick zhp in AW. :)

BavarianZHP
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
There are few examples of where I wouldn't get a PPI, this car is one of them. It looks spectacular, plus Mafia member, and 5 BMW's!? Owner knows what's up.

illirep
08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Great price for great car.

Jon - can we use that as a comp and start the negotiations...lol. J/k as I know you'd rather give your left nut than do that.

fredo
08-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Congrats to both parties involved !

In for details about shipping to NY/NJ.

ELCID86
08-02-2013, 10:37 AM

Who said shipping? I smell a road trip!!!

JupiterBMW
08-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Great price for great car.

Jon - can we use that as a comp and start the negotiations...lol. J/k as I know you'd rather give your left nut than do that.

Well the reality of it is that this is a legitimate comp, so technically yes. Of course, my car has NB and Nav, but that's not enough to add up.

Long story short, I'm not selling for $12k.

Besides, not through the Mafia, but, I haz sale pending... :shifty

Stigissimo
08-03-2013, 08:48 AM

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

In the words of Tim Taylor from Tool Time, EUUHH?

illirep
08-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Well the reality of it is that this is a legitimate comp, so technically yes. Of course, my car has NB and Nav, but that's not enough to add up.

Long story short, I'm not selling for $12k.

Nice - congrats.

JupiterBMW
08-03-2013, 11:28 AM
We'll see... Its amazing how quickly people stop emailing when it comes time to decide...

BimmerRules!
08-04-2013, 04:37 AM
Congrats to both parties involved !

Thanks Fredo! Just started to research into the shipping options and was looking at sites called uship.com and das (recommended by another member). Any other suggestions?

Who said shipping? I smell a road trip!!!

Trust me, that was exactly the first thought I had; never been to Salt Lake City and this cross-country drive would be great. :)

But the work schedule and the upcoming vacation in end of Aug made that thought a distant dream. :(

zhpnsnv
08-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Raj congrats!!!!!! Holy crap what a great buy. You waited for a long time and did your search right. You WILL be driving this thing out my way so I can take a look :)

So we are now allowed to comment on price? Interesting. I think this was the right price because I think this AW premium is fictional.

Vas
08-04-2013, 06:56 AM
I used das before.

BimmerRules!
08-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Raj congrats!!!!!! Holy crap what a great buy. You waited for a long time and did your search right. You WILL be driving this thing out my way so I can take a look :)

So we are now allowed to comment on price? Interesting. I think this was the right price because I think this AW premium is fictional.

Thanks Marc! Though my wait for sidelined last year and I resumed the search only in spring of this year, I am glad I was able to find the color I had wanted. :) Will bring it out soon for you to check it out and also see that wonderful 135is of yours. That Coral red is eye-catching! See you soon.

BimmerRules!
08-04-2013, 09:04 AM
I used das before.

Thanks bud!

BimmerRules!
08-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Update:

Car still en-route but wanted to request some guidance from the experts here on some general maintenance queries.

Seller (part of our family) sent the title and a file of maintenance receipts, but hasn’t got back on some follow up queries on the regular maintenance; hence the reach out to the other members:

Edit - Seller emailed me now providing more info. Happy that he did it because this was needless work from him on a car that he no longer owns. So, greatly appreciate a family member's care. :)

-----

On the positive side, thrilled to find receipts for the following work:

Nov 2012 - vanos, stand gasket (both done when car had 116k, now 120k)

Other work in 2012 (all done after car had over 100k miles) - rear brake pads/sensor, expansion tank (second time!), hydraulic tensioner pulley, front brake rotors/pads/sensors, filters, rain sensor (twice) and front windshield (replaced due to a crack I believe; receipt indicates due to bubbles in the rain sensor - seller hasn’t thrown more light)

2011 - Subframe replaced (BMW recall/warranty), rear shock, Front CAB, Idler and Tensioner pulleys replaced

2010 - Tires, Water pump, Thermostat, AC belt, DISA valve, fuel injector, Valve cover gasket, expansion tank, differential oil and transmission fluid change

2009 - Fuel injector, spark plugs (@71k), crankcase vent valve, drive belts, microfilter

2008 - Battery (when car had 40k miles I think)

----

Concerns/maintenance queries that I had :

Edit -

.... separate concern: guy picking the car has marked a dent between the right rear wheel and door, yet there was none I could make out in the pictures.

Edit - Seller informed that this was a very minor that existed when the car initially purchased. If the car looks as it shows on the flickr pics, I don't care. Very relieved! :)

-------------

My maintenance queries:

1. Expansion tank: was replaced twice in the last two years. Edit - Seller explained the circumstances; not a concern anymore.

2. Oil change frequency: Seller has driven the car a lot (current mileage 120k and I think he purchased it @ 38k in 2008). So, surprised that the last oil change for which a record is availlable is as of Nov 2012. Prior receipt was dated in 2011, and @ both times this was done when car had other work performed on it. So, unable to ascertain how often the oil was changed; hope it is every 5-7k mile and not 15k, but without feedback, I have to assume the worst. Concern: if my assumption is correct, is this a big deal considering the 120k miles on the car?

Edit - Seller confirmed that oil was changed every 5k miles. Very happy!! :)

3. same concern with brake fluid (receipt shows that it was last changed in Jan 09 and no word on whether it was done subsequently).

Edit - probably not done because all work have receipts.

4. don’t think power steering flush was ever done.

Edit - ditto as earlier , probably not done because all work have receipts.

As a result, I intend doing the brake fluids and power steering flush right away. Spark plugs and battery also soon. Going to have the dealer or my guy look at the expansion tank also.

Would appreciate any feedback on what else I can do once I take delivery.

Thanks!!

Avetiso
08-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Just change the brake/oil/power steering when you get the car. You should be fine, IMO. Then you can start your own intervals.

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

BimmerRules!
08-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Just change the brake/oil/power steering when you get the car. You should be fine, IMO. Then you can start your own intervals.

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

Will do, thanks!