PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware: 2003 Imola ZHP

danewilson77
07-10-2013, 06:09 PM
I received the following tonight :

"Not necessarily looking to become a member at this point, but I enjoy the content of the site and the wealth of info. *
So, I wanted to give a classified car warning if anyone is willing to post it for me:
http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/3896947815.html

I went to look at this ZHP, and the guy owns a small dealership. *He said the car was in really good condition, clean interior. *You can imagine my excitement. *When I looked at the car I noticed the following:
-all 4 wheels scuffed
-clearcoat peeling in multiple spots
-2 dings on the passenger door
-1 ding on the drivers side, now rusting
-drivers side bolster worn through
-steering wheel chewed up, covered with a steering wheel wrap
-headliner coming down by rear window
-small crack on windshield
-shift knob missing a piece that shows shift pattern
-one brake pad making noise

Have the vin also if anyone is interested.*

If I acquire a ZHP, I'll look into becoming a member! *Thanks.

Mike B from Knoxville

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

Avetiso
07-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Mike, if you see this, thanks for the heads up. Really nice of you. Good luck finding a ZHP, and hope to see you here soon.

E_Rak
07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
To be fair, it does seem as though those items are reflected in the asking price of the car.. figure two grand for a wheel, PDR, windshield, upholstery, etc. (Ignoring the whole clearcoat thing I guess) and you're at a regular asking price..

BavarianZHP
07-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Vin is WBAEV53493KM04469 for those interested. The price is indeed very cheap compared to others. Clean carfax 3-owner car.

EDIT: ZHP is equipped with ZCW package (heated seats, headlight washers, ski pass through, folding seats).

ELCID86
07-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up Mike B. I spoke to the owner a week or so back. He told me he worked a dealer, but this was his POV and he would not take less than the posted price of $8500. He had already turned down $8300. Also said SES light is on. Glad I didn't drive 8 hours to see it.

See link to original post: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10299-03-Imola-Red-6MT-ZHP...Cheap!

danewilson77
07-11-2013, 04:56 AM
Mike, if you see this, thanks for the heads up. Really nice of you. Good luck finding a ZHP, and hope to see you here soon.

To be fair, it does seem as though those items are reflected in the asking price of the car.. figure two grand for a wheel, PDR, windshield, upholstery, etc. (Ignoring the whole clearcoat thing I guess) and you're at a regular asking price..

+1

illirep
07-11-2013, 06:02 AM
I agree - for $8,500 plus another $2k - $3k, someone can have a very clean Imola sedan!