PDA

View Full Version : Animals messing with our ZHPs!!

NorCalZman
06-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Seeing my fellow car enthusiasts post their intentionally comical stories about their battles with little animals messing with their car is usually entertaining and everyone gets a good laugh out of it because the human is usually the victor. But what about when the little devils have wings?!?

After getting home from my twice montly trip to Los Angeles, I walked accross the street to check on my (covered) car like usual and noticed a bunch of bird droppings on the cover. Upon closer inspection, I noticed 10+ small to medium sized holes ripped into the cover next to each dropping. An armada of birds had been hanging out on the car cover the weekend and the little bastards munched on my car cover! I have never seen any birds anywhere around the car before this and I have no idea why they were feasting (and doing their business) on my poor car.

I taped up the holes before a rainstorm moved in. Where is a neighborhood cat when you need one? hmph.

Avetiso
06-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Bugs attack my car as soon as I wash it.

BavarianZHP
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
The front of my car is banged up as well... Rocks and bugs. How often does everyone respray? lol.

bullfrogs_M3
06-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Our little yorkie loves to follow me around when I'm home. On more than one occasion I've gone out to the garage to get something out of the car, she has followed me and immediately jumped in thinking we were going for a drive. On more than a few times I forget she has jumped in and shut the car door and go inside. A little while later, the kids or I will be like, where is Jasmine? Then it usually clicks and I go out and look at the car to see her starring out the window with a "Seriously?! WTF?!" Look on her face. Haa

Handwritten on my Moleskin notepad

Pip
06-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Our little yorkie loves to follow me around when I'm home. On more than one occasion I've gone out to the garage to get something out of the car, she has followed me and immediately jumped in thinking we were going for a drive. On more than a few times I forget she has jumped in and shut the car door and go inside. A little while later, the kids or I will be like, where is Jasmine? Then it usually clicks and I go out and look at the car to see her starring out the window with a "Seriously?! WTF?!" Look on her face. Haa

Handwritten on my Moleskin notepad

I lol'd reading this. Used to happen with my old dog.

saace7
06-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I have a raccoon that lives close to my house and it seems once a week he tries to kill himself with my car. . . I have to be careful pulling out at night... I hit him once doing like 15-20 and he ran off... two days later tried it again... I don't understand animals and the obsession with head lights.

Avetiso
06-25-2013, 10:22 AM
The front of my car is banged up as well... Rocks and bugs. How often does everyone respray? lol.
Once. Just get a clear bra after and you're good!

BavarianZHP
06-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Once. Just get a clear bra after and you're good!

No bueno. I've never been a fan of bras on my girl. :p

OK, ok, work is slow today. Real slow...

Avetiso
06-25-2013, 10:33 AM
:rofl

NorCalZman
06-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Ok my co worker thinks its birds using it for building material for nests. If thats true that means they were not just passing through and will probably be back for more. ugh.

johnrando
06-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Ugh is right.

coby1
06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
not zhp related(old chevy truck)long story but last year went to the lake for a week for fathers day had the kids/grandkids stay and after a few days there was a tree next to cabin with a flying squirrel just hanging out in a hole (about 4ft off the ground) kind of looked like a cross between a bat and a squirrel but anyway it was just hanging out and did not care how close someone got to it so thought its probably sick so kept kids away next day i had to throw mr. batsquirrel into the woods before the kids saw him dead fast forward 3 days time to load the good ole 81 chevy and drive 100 miles home and it wont crank (like no gas) pour gas into the carb it would crank up so yea i guess bad fuel pump tow it all the way home buy a fuel pump go to put it on and find that the whole top of the fuel line had been totally chewed off my guess Batsquirrel lol