PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster for BMW 01-12 Series 1,3,Z4 & M3 w/automatic

leo_19999
06-09-2013, 11:10 AM
I have a Sprint Booster #SBBM0002S which I purchased from a friend, I bought this as a spare cause my car has one...i'm not seeing myself using 2....and im not buyin a different car anytime soon... so now this one is up for Sale. I really love this thing! It definitely puts the fun back in driving your BMW. It is in very good condition and is easy to install. If you are not familiar with Sprint Booster, checkout their website.

It comes with V2 SprintBooster and the switch with 3 settings...no box

if you have more questions...let me know

SOLD:thumbup

Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing increased acceleration time (eliminating delay) on drive-by-wire cars by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker response. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel. Its simple plug-n-play installation takes just a few minutes and delivers instant response throughout the power band, making accelerating and rev matching incredibly more fun. Sprint Booster is application-specific and available for a number of popular high-performance makes and models.

Most cars in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates how hard the pedal is pushed into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.

The ETC (Electronic Throttle Control), which is also known as Drive-By-Wire, has the unfortunate downside of delayed response and subdued acceleration, which can create problems in certain situations such as up-hill starts, and overtaking slower vehicles.

Sprint Booster overcomes this throttle response delay for your vehicle by providing crisp, on-tap acceleration for whenever the driver demands it.

Get more from your vehicle, fit a Sprint Booster today!

leo_19999
06-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Anybody interested????

leo_19999
06-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Nobody wants a SB???

Come on people, somebody don't have one and wants it.....

328ioc
06-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Nobody wants a SB???

Come on people, somebody don't have one and wants it.....

I want one but I need one for a manual.

Good luck with the sale though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

leo_19999
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM
It does work for manual too 328ioc...

This is what WOLFN8TR said on e46

They are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.
However, the manufacture recommends fitting an auto SB to a manual car for any driver who finds the manual SB on a manual car a bit too crazy.
I have done the opposite and fitted a manual SB to my auto. I am used to SB's on my BMW's so I have no issue with controlling it. Alot of people have done the same with BMW's and Mercs from what I have seen on other forums.
I have never tried an auto SB, but from what the manufacturers themselves claim the auto version just gives less of an increase in sensitivity than the manual version. I guess this may translate to a slower reaction. What I do know is that the SB is quite a simple device, and so it is very hard to imagine it being "clever" enough to do anything other than alter the response time of the throttle.
It doesn't stop the box from changing at its set point, but as you know, our autos change later in the rev range the harder you are accelerating. So if you keep a light foot you will shift early and if you press hard you will change later. The SB doesn't change this (it can't) but as you are more likely to be under harder acceleration for less pedal travel with the SB, you will notice your shifts do come in later.

johnrando
06-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Frankly if the reaction is too slow for you just put it on red, which is 'full on'.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

328ioc
06-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Honestly in want the most sensitive I can get.

So I will hold out for a manual specific version.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

leo_19999
06-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Honestly in want the most sensitive I can get.

So I will hold out for a manual specific version.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Your missing out Man, LOL

If you change your mind let me know...

If someone else interested,.....pm me

johnrando
06-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Honestly Devlin, my thoughts are you would be VERY happy with the response on red/full on. In fact, it only take a few times to master but it's so sensitive you have to learn to feather it off just a bit, which again is no big deal. But, whatever you want brother.

328ioc
06-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Honestly Devlin, my thoughts are you would be VERY happy with the response on red/full on. In fact, it only take a few times to master but it's so sensitive you have to learn to feather it off just a bit, which again is no big deal. But, whatever you want brother.

Rando,

I understand what you are saying but they way I want to use the SB is on the green setting daily and red when I am having fun.

I am worried that if I get the less sensitive version I run the risk of wanting it in red all the time thus defeating the purpose of the multiple levels.

But I will still do some research on the automatic version.

WOLFN8TR
06-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Devlin I have the Sprint Booster for a Manual installed on my car now. I would be willing to trade you mine for this one if your interested.

BTW- This was the best thing I've done to my ZHP!

Is this the actual Sprint Booster for sale?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/vetupy3e.jpg

johnrando
06-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Totally get that Devlin. I really don't know how big a difference it would be. Sounds like Gary has a solution though.

leo_19999
06-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Devlin I have the Sprint Booster for a Manual installed on my car now. I would be willing to trade you mine for this one if your interested.

BTW- This was the best thing I've done to my ZHP!

Is this the actual Sprint Booster for sale?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/vetupy3e.jpg

I just copied a picture offline but didnt notice that it only had 2 wires....
Mine has 4 wires on the switch...for auto........

I can take a actual picture of the thing...but it'll be the same as this pic but with 4 wires....

WOLFN8TR
06-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Thats what I thought, that is a photo of the SBBM0001S which is for a Manual (2 wires). See Below

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/e6y2e3az.jpg

SBBMOOO2S- (4 wire)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/2yqu7ugy.jpg

SBBMOOO1S- (2 Wire)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/egaryjed.jpg

Devlin I'm looking for the SBBM0001S so I can do the Sprint Booster sport button mod. So this won't work for me.

leo_19999
06-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Devlin I'm looking for the SBBM0001S so I can do the Sprint Booster sport button mod. So this won't work for me.

Don't you have an manual SB in a auto??and devlin need an manual??
Mine is the auto SB for an auto car.....maybe we can work something out..???

sorry for the misunderstanding with the picture...my mistake....i'll fix it

WOLFN8TR
06-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I have the SBBM0002S apparently as it's a 4 wire also.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330Ci-M54_3.0L/Search/SiteSearch/Sprint_Booster/ES1896923/

leo_19999
06-16-2013, 04:35 PM
I have the SBBM0002S apparently as it's a 4 wire also.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330Ci-M54_3.0L/Search/SiteSearch/Sprint_Booster/ES1896923/

So u have the auto sb not manual then? But thats what u need for ur car....

I guess devlin is outta luck...LOL

He will never know what's he's missing out until he gets one for himself...

brewer90
06-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Payment sent

leo_19999
06-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Its official!!!! SB is spoken for.....BREWER90 is the proud owner....

Have fun after u get it....let us know how it feels after....

Cheers

WOLFN8TR
06-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Sweet, you will love it!

Gary

brewer90
06-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Oh hells yeah. Red is my new favorite color.

rguti153
06-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Really makes a difference huh lol

leo_19999
06-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh hells yeah. Red is my new favorite color.

Nice... Glad you like it !!!!

Thanks for a smooth transaction. Enjoy :)

Cheers :jump

WOLFN8TR
06-20-2013, 03:46 AM
Really makes a difference huh lol

Do you have one?

Gary