PDA

View Full Version : Baby, Bimmer, and a Jeep (Intro from Utah)

benjy
06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Great community you guys have going here! Excited to become a contributing member.

Quick background, I love anything with 4 wheels and a motor. Most of my automotive background is in rock crawling. We have a 2000 TJ. At this point the only thing Jeep left is sheet metal and the frame from the motor mounts to behind the front seats. Basic specs D60 front, 14B rear 5.13's and detroits, 4.3:1 Atlas tcase, 14" fox coilovers with 4" fox airbumps, full hydro steering, custom boatsides and cage, 4 link rear, 3 link front, and 40" stickies. I swapped the I6 and manual trans to a GM 6.0L with a TH400 auto trans over the winter, and rebuilt the dash. Having trouble with the reverse manual valve body so I actually haven't had it out yet, but the motor is running great.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx137/benjy1984/DSC00966.jpg

We're coming from a 2011 STi. I loved the car, but after the first week of ZHP ownership, I can honestly say the ZHP is more fun to drive. 2 primary reasons are a smoother power delivery and more interactive steering (not to mention it is just a much nicer car, even at 10 years old). This is how she sat with our winter wheels/tires:

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx137/benjy1984/Chloe3.jpg

Thanks to elcid86, my wife and I picked up the ZHP in Cleveland, OH last Saturday. We made the drive home and arrived back home in Utah 2am Monday morning. We had done some infertility treatment a few weeks prior (IVF), and had an appointment Monday at 8am to find out if it worked, so we dragged ourselves out of bed and made it to the Dr. office for an appt, to find out we're pregnant :fistpump

It cleaned up really well, I'm excited to do a full clay bar and wax treatment this weekend to see how well the exterior will clean up.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx137/benjy1984/lizzy3.jpg

Future mods will be purely cosmetic. Tint, euro clear lights, wheel restoration, winter wheels/tires, and basic cleanup. Pretty stoked about this community and the new car.

I also speak fluent German. Well, I did when I lived there 10 years ago. Lived in Northern Germany (Hannover and Kiel mostly). Other German cars have been a 240D while in high school, and an old E30.

mimalmo
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome

Tnhl1989
06-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Welcome and congrats!

BavarianZHP
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Guten tag! Wow, you're at two ends of the spectrum there. It's going to be nice to have your knowledge around this forum. Congrats on the new baby! Oh, and congrats on the new baby. ;)

Marcus-SanDiego
06-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Welcome. Where are you in Utah?

Sent from my PeerlessFineArt.com iPhone

Avetiso
06-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Welcome! Congrats on the pregnancy, and less important, the ZHP. Damn, Utah looks like a nice place to live. Goodness. I'd love to wake up to a mountain view everyday.

And loans for salvage cars. :drool

johnrando
06-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome and congrats.

danewilson77
06-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Benjy, welcome.

GMATT
06-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Welcome sir! and congrats on the upcoming family!

Gary

MKSD03ZHP
06-06-2013, 04:05 AM
I too came from an awd, turbocharged setup (3000gt VR-4 and Volvo S60R) and absolutely love the feel of my ZHP while driving. It's a lot of fun. Even at ~240/250 hp, its a different driving experience from the awd f/i scene. congrats, and welcome!!

-Steve

M3TA5IN
06-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Welcome man! I also came from Jeeps and rock crawling/off road racing.

I use to have an 02 TJ modified 3.75 inch lift(I was all about low COG), 35s, front and rear HP Dana 60s, ARBs, 35 spline chromoly shafts, 4.56s. Etc etc, you know how it goes.

All I have left now from the jeep world is some random parts sitting around and an 04 WJ.

Use to run with Clayton from Clayton off road, Kurt from team Quadratec, and was one of the founders of Heavy Metal Concepts. Was lucky enough to film for Rausch Creek, King of the hammers, and many others.

Long story of why I'm not in the jeep community anymore. Maybe I will share sometime. I always wanted to live out your way though.

Welcome to the forum though man, always cool to have other jeep guys around to drool over some nasty flex :)

Sent from my fancy city machine.

Ryans323i
06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Welcome. Congrats on the future baby, the new baby (ZHP), and the old baby (4x4). Great flex btw!

fredo
06-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Welcome and Congrats ! I suggest you mod as much as possible before the new baby arrives. You won't have time later. Ask me how I know. :biggrin

JupiterBMW
06-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new baby coming! It will change your lives, in the most amazing way. My wife and I are half way to our second child and it is very exciting! :)

benjy
06-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! We are very excited for baby#1. We're also so glad we have had 7 years of marriage to really get close before another being comes in and wants all of our attention, and sleep :blink

Use to run with Clayton from Clayton off road, Kurt from team Quadratec, and was one of the founders of Heavy Metal Concepts. Was lucky enough to film for Rausch Creek, King of the hammers, and many others.

Long story of why I'm not in the jeep community anymore. Maybe I will share sometime. I always wanted to live out your way though.

Welcome to the forum though man, always cool to have other jeep guys around to drool over some nasty flex :)

That's awesome! HMC has done some great things for Ultra4 racing. Which videos did you have a part in? I have all of the KOH vids, and a few others. And now you're out completely? There must be a story behind that...

Welcome. Where are you in Utah?

Saratoga Springs, northern Utah County. Small town feel yet 20 minutes to anything.

Welcome! Congrats on the pregnancy, and less important, the ZHP. Damn, Utah looks like a nice place to live. Goodness. I'd love to wake up to a mountain view everyday.

Utah is beautiful. There is nothing better than a nice canyon drive on a Sunday afternoon (except for the thousands of other people). I grew up in Montana (Missoula) so I'm not really used to so many people.

I too came from an awd, turbocharged setup (3000gt VR-4 and Volvo S60R) and absolutely love the feel of my ZHP while driving. It's a lot of fun. Even at ~240/250 hp, its a different driving experience from the awd f/i scene. congrats, and welcome!!

-Steve

Nice! I saw your intro post also, and that 3000gt looked sweet! I really can't explain why it's more fun, it just is!

Oli77
06-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats on all counts and welcome! This family is also great.

kayger12
06-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Welcome.

Sent from the last Next Best Thing via Tt4beta

Marcus-SanDiego
06-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Very nice. I lived in Provo for 5 years (undergrad). Loved that place. Go, Cougars!

Sent from my PeerlessFineArt.com iPhone

wertyu78
06-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the group! Nice TJ, I miss my CJ-7 greatly. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/07/aserezyj.jpg

M3TA5IN
06-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Welcome to the group! Nice TJ, I miss my CJ-7 greatly. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/07/aserezyj.jpg

:drool

Sent you a PM benji.

Sent from my fancy city machine.